Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Short trip report (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/13915-short-trip-report.html)

Rosie34 17-06-2018 16:33

Short trip report

Just back from our June trip to PP so this is a short trip report.
Regarding how quiet it is in the port – we did think there were less people on the ‘front’ although more men of all ages walking about topless – not a pretty sight and some should have been old enough to know better!
But, all the restaurants were very busy – although we did get a table for 2 at La Parra on the same day but perhaps we were lucky as it was packed on the evening. We didn’t book at Sparrow but got a table easily, although, once again, it was busy. We didn’t eat out as much as usual as we had such a fabulous barbeque area at the villa so just enjoyed the lazy warm long evenings.
Good menu del dia at Sparrow at 16.50 euros and friendly service.
Parra was excellent value as usual, Entrecote Steaks the first night and the next time a veggie paella for two – delicious and including a large glass of house red (1 euro) 2 bottles of sparkling water and a coffee and bread, olives and alioli – less than 30 euros!
Siurell also was very busy and an excellent Lomo Con Col and the only place to offer a complimentary liqueur.
Excellent meal at Stefanos – usual bread/alioli, fillet steak with delicious pepper sauce, 2 glasses of house red, 2 sparkling waters, Tiramisu and a coffee – 74 euros.
And a lovely meal at Maxims Bistro – I just love their Chicken/Crispy Bacon Salad. Husband had the pork fillets in pepper sauce and loved it. A glass of red house wine and 2 bottles of sparkling water and coffee – think it was just over 30 euros.
It’s a shame that 1919 and Calvario have changed their coffee suppliers from Nero to Marabans but still nice to sit and watch the world go by – especially at Calvario!
And we do miss Valls Ice Cream Parlour on Pine walk – still remember their unforgettable Banoffee Ice Cream and the Rum and Raisin.
The old town was packed on Sunday morning – could hardly move – although during the week it was much much quieter.
Really sad to be missing our October port/apartment stay but due to the crazy new restrictions, we are going elsewhere. But I have been researching apartments with a license for next year, as we are getting withdrawal symptoms already!

Disorderly 17-06-2018 17:54

How nice to see a Trip Report, Rosie34. We dont see so many nowadays and they always remind me that there are places we havent been to and really should try.

I must admit Ive not posted one for ages, because we always seem to visit the same favourite places and Im sure my repetitive Trip Reports would bore everyone to death! That said, We are lucky enough to have ac apartment now, so more regular visits will give us the ideal opportunities to check out new places........so keep those Trip Reports coming - we need them!

car77 17-06-2018 19:27

I always enjoy your reports Disorderly. Please keep them coming as places change from year to year. Glad you found an apartment and hope you enjoy it.

Car

favie 17-06-2018 19:55

Lovely report Rosie, sounded perfect. If I could find a licensed apartment I would be over for my August holiday, really missed the place this year.

Congratulations Disorderly on your new purchase, hope you and the family enjoy many happy years....is it licensed, only joking! Enjoy. :)
Look forward to reading future reports .

scotslizzy 18-06-2018 10:37

Lovely Report

Its one of my favourite things to read reports, especially the restaurant ones mmmm.

And on that subject I hope we have many more to read over the coming months as it will keep me going until Sept!

Scotslizzy

Rosie34 18-06-2018 12:19

I also meant to say that our holiday was somewhat tinged with sadness with the loss of the plane and pilot. The search planes and helicopters were going over our villa all night on Tuesday and for the next few days. Such a sad and unexpected thing to happen.

martinchip10 18-06-2018 19:13

Good trip report Rosie.
Where is this Sparrow place that you mentioned?

mike_dublin 18-06-2018 20:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by martinchip10 (Post 123210)
Good trip report Rosie.
Where is this Sparrow place that you mentioned?

@martinchip10
It's past the Pollensa Park Hotel

Sparrow Dining and Bar
Carrer del Gorrió,12

https://goo.gl/maps/7ypxoLXrtKP2