Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   October (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/13787-october.html)

Rangers1 23-03-2018 10:03

October

Hi All I have looked on past threads regarding what its like in mid-October as we have had to cancel our planned trip over Easter as I had an emergency operation. So my wife is not sure if most places will closing or not. We came last easter and loved it and I think it would be the same in October we are looking at 21st October for 5 nights as we cant do without our fix. Many Thanks Gordon

Rosie34 23-03-2018 10:19

October is a great month to visit the port and all the restaurants are open till the end of the month. We loved visiting in October as the weather is usually very pleasant (apart from the odd storm!!) but sadly due to the apartment situation this little avenue of pleasure has been closed off to us!:(:rolleyes:

car77 23-03-2018 10:28

We were out last year from the 24th October for a week and were really surprised at how lovely the weather was. Calm, sunny and warm and everything was open. I assumed it would be too cold to eat outside at nights but as long as you had warmish clothes on it was fine - we sat out every night.
I think we were very lucky with the weather as I think it's a bit of a lottery.
Well worth a try though and we are coming back for a week again late October.

PP76 23-03-2018 10:43

We are always out until at least the end of October, the weather is normally lovely and all the restaurants are open, come the 1st November it totally changes!

pollensafan 23-03-2018 11:15

Had a few over the years in October, but the one that always stays in my mind was some years back.
We went from October 25- nov 7th. and to this day I remember laying on the beach in temps of 70+ on November the 5th bonfire night .
The fact that your only 2 hours from home definitely plays games with your mind. :)

bobley 23-03-2018 13:11

Octobers great just watch out for the cyclists who'll be out in force. Before anyone says anything - I'll be one of them, you can spot me as I indicate and stop to let cars overtake :-) . By October it looks like just about every apartment in PP will be legal holiday accommodation so there'll be no shortage. The new licencing starts in June and the airlines have 17% increase in flights this year so I think the island will be busier than ever.

Sparky 23-03-2018 13:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobley (Post 121819)
By October it looks like just about every apartment in PP will be legal holiday accommodation so there'll be no shortage. The new licencing starts in June and the airlines have 17% increase in flights this year so I think the island will be busier than ever.

Wishful thinking bobley, only 30,000 licenses will be available for the whole island.

bobley 23-03-2018 13:37

Well they wont be many in the red areas of which PP isn't one. Also, once you put your application in you can start renting until you get told not to.... and how long is it going to take them to inspect 30,000 properties. There'll probably be a new government by then and the whole system will get torn up again...

The airlines aren't stupid, they wont be planning to run half empty planes?

Sparky 23-03-2018 13:45

The government's moratorium on new licences isn't due to expire until the end of July. Once it does, it needs reminding, there will be some 30,000 holiday rentals places (as opposed to properties) which can be licensed under this zoning regime.

bobley 23-03-2018 15:47

Judging by the numbers of tourists visiting Mallorca over the past few years it was getting a bit carried away. The 30000 places is going to moderate things but not kill tourism. If it did that then Belle Buckets (? not sure thats how she spells it) isn't going to have a job very long...

Sparky 23-03-2018 16:18

Getting back on topic......

Rangers1, i always used to visit PP in October, the weather can be mixed but we had more good than bad and as others have said everything is still open ;).

Rangers1 24-03-2018 10:14

Thanks to all the people that replied and we are now all booked up for October:)