Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2015, 10:17
Super Moderator

Default Road closures.

Just a word of warning, tomorrow night (Friday 28th) some roads will be closed in and around the Port, this is due to "SOPAR A LA FRESCA" when residents set up tables and chairs in the streets to have food and drinks. I suppose you could call it the "Late Summer Supper" .
Tangoman likes this.
Old 27-08-2015, 10:33

When does it start?
Old 27-08-2015, 10:36

Smile

Drat!!

That sounds like a very enjoyable night - sorry we missing it.
Old 27-08-2015, 11:39
Banned

Does that mean then that I can wander around, find a table with some nice fayre, sit down and tuck in for free?!
Old 27-08-2015, 12:43
Super Moderator

I am not really sure how it works Nick but i think it's a case of bring your own .
Old 27-08-2015, 12:46
Banned

I was only kidding.
Should be a nice occasion to wander round though.
Old 27-08-2015, 13:14
Super Moderator

Yes it's always nice to see people enjoying themselves .
Old 27-08-2015, 15:18

Can you do it again next week when us lot is out ????
Old 24-09-2015, 09:49
Super Moderator

Exclamation

More road closures for the Ironman Challenge this Saturday, this has been posted on FB by the local police :-

Quote:
IRONMAN MALLORCA

Aquest proper dissabte dia 26/09/2015 es du a terme la IRONMAN MALLORCA, pel que fa al nostre municipi es veurà afectada amb restriccions i talls de circulació la MA2220 ( carretera Alcúdia- Port de Pollença), la primera línia del Port de Pollença, des de Via Alemanya fins a la rotonda Enginyer Roca i el carrer Joan XXIII. La MA 2200, (Carretera Port a Pollença, rotonda Can Berenguer), i des d'allà la MA10, (Carretera lluc).A l'enllaç que teniu poder veure les Limitacions i restriccions de trànsit amb els horaris de tancament de les carreteres i rutes opcionals per poder creuar els diferents municipis per on es du a terme la carrera. Pel que fa a la zona de la Cala Sant Vicenç i la zona de la urbanització de la font i Ternelles, es procurarà facilitar l'accés d'entrada i sortida si bé per més informació podeu trucar al quarter de la policia local de Pollença.
http://www.alcudia.net/export/sites/...lorca-2015.pdf
IRONMAN MAJORCA next Saturday 26/09/2015 is carried out the IRONMAN MALLORCA, with regard to our town is affected with traffic restrictions and cuts the MA2220 (carretera Alcúdia-pollensa), the first line of the Port de Pollença, from Via Germany to the Rock Engineer and John XXIII. MA-2200, (Carretera Port pollensa roundabout Can Berenguer), and from there the MA10, (Luke). The link that you have to be able to see the limitations and restrictions of traffic with the timetable of closing the roads and optional routes to cross the different municipalities where it is carried out. With regard to the area of Cala Sant Vicenç and the area of the development of the source and Ternelles, efforts will be made to facilitate the access of incoming and outgoing while for more information you can call the local police headquarters of Pollença.
http://www.alcudia.net/…/mapa-con-ho...rres-Ironman-…
Translated by Bing

Last edited by Sparky; 24-09-2015 at 12:16.
Old 05-10-2015, 14:57
Super Moderator

Default More road closures.

This has been posted on FB by the local police :-

Quote:
CHALLENGE 18TH VUELTA A MALLORCA FOR MASTERS.

Within the international week of Cycling Masters on 8 and 9 October will take place in the town of Pollença two stages which will result in restrictions and closures of circulation.

Day 8 October. (from 09:00 until 14:00 h)
Stage with departure and arrival in front of the bar Tolos, prohibiting parking on the following route: Rock Engineer, John XXIII, London Ride until bar Tolos. Restrictions on the movement of vehicles.
The test consists of two runs the first (masters 50-60) the departure at 09:00 hours in front of the bar tolos, (pollensa), directed by John XXIII, and Pollensa in the Ca ' round n Berenguer giro towards la Pobla without entering in the village. The return will be coming down the road with arrival Lluc round beloved Ca'n Berenguer on the 10:45 am and arrival at the bar Tolos to can Picafort on the 11:00 hours.
The second race (seniors masters 30 and 40) has the crossbar tolos bar at 11:20:00 hours in the direction of the street by Pope John XXIII and in Pollença in the roundabout of Ca'n Berenguer giro towards la Pobla without entering in the village, approximately above the 12:15 p.m. will be in the next London Promenade from Alcúdia. (meta wheel), return to enter Paseo Saralegui, Pope John XXIII and in Pollença in the circle of Ca ' n Berenguer giro towards la Pobla without entering in the village. The return will be coming down the road with arrival Lluc round beloved Ca'n Berenguer on 13:55 and arrive at the bar Tolos to can Picafort on the 14:05.
You step a link of rutómetres of the first race, (masters 50-60), and the second (seniors masters 30 and 40).

October 9, Semana Internacional de Ciclismo Masters » XVIII Challenge Vuelta a Mallorca para Masters (7, 8, 9 y 10-OCT-2015). (from 9:00 hours until 14:00 h)

Stage against the clock closed circulation throughout the test the following streets: look at the attached sketch.

12122907_917142115005577_5547373457989740048_n by lyn.sparkes, on Flickr

Last edited by Sparky; 05-10-2015 at 15:00.
Old 22-10-2015, 09:54
Super Moderator

Just posted on FB by the Policia Local :-

Quote:
TRANSTRAMUNTANA 4500
Prova ciclo turística.
El proper dissabte dia 24 d'octubre te la sortida i arribada l'etapa d'aquesta carrera davant l'hotel Uyal al Port de Pollença.
Sortida a les 8:00 hores al Passeig Londres davant l'hotel.
Arribada a partir de les 13:30 hores al passeig Londres davant l'hotel.
Es produiran desviaments de la circulació a la sortida i arribada de la prova.
Transtramuntana 4500
TRANSTRAMUNTANA 4500 Test cycle.
The next Saturday, October 24, the departure and arrival stage of this race in front of the hotel Uyal Port de Pollença.
Departure at 8:00 hours London promenade in front of the hotel.
Arrival from 14:30 hours on the London promenade in front of the hotel.
Traffic detours will occur in the departure and arrival of the test.
Transtramuntana 4500
Translated by Bing
Old 09-11-2015, 12:27
Super Moderator

This has been posted on the Policia Local FB page :-

Quote:
FIRA 2015
Aquesta setmana comença el muntatge de la fira, demà dimarts dia 10 a partir de les 8:00 hores començarà el muntatge de les atraccions al carrer Via Argentina i un tros del carrer Reina Maria Cristina us demana'n no estacionar als carrers on hi hagi senyalització de prohibit estacionar.
XXXII Fira d'Artesania | El web oficial de l'Ajuntament de Pollença
Per altra banda recordau que avui al matí han començat les obres de peatonalització al Passeig Saralegui, per tant des de ...
See More
FAIR 2015 this week begins the Assembly of the fair, tomorrow Tuesday 10th from 8:00 hours will begin the Assembly of the attractions on the street Via Argentina and a piece of the Street Queen Maria Cristina asks you not to park on the streets where there are signs of prohibited parking.
XXXII Fira d'Artesania | El web oficial de l'Ajuntament de Pollença on the other hand remember that today in the morning have started the works of pedestrianization on Paseo Saralegui, therefore from the roundabout of Rock Engineer to Elcano Street cannot circulate.
You'll see information panels of this hack of the street from the entrance to the Calle Juan XXIII and Passeig Saralegui.
The bus stop as we say it's been moved to the Roger de Flor Street behind the Church.
Translated by Bing
Old 16-01-2016, 10:34
Super Moderator

A word of warning to anyone who is thinking of driving into the Port or Town today and tomorrow, many roads will be closed for the fires and procession of the pines .
Old 13-02-2016, 08:48

I've got to be in Palma at 11am on 7th May. Does anyone know what time the PP-Pollensa Rd closes in the morning for the IronMaan race?
Old 13-02-2016, 10:39
Super Moderator

It's usually at about 8am .

Have a look post #5 on this thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...lcudia-pp.html, it's from last year but i don't think it changes much and will give you an idea of roads/times.

Last edited by Sparky; 13-02-2016 at 10:45. Reason: Added info.