Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Longing for PP VISIT (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/13323-longing-pp-visit.html)

scotslizzy 12-03-2017 14:26

Longing for PP VISIT

Just back from a really nice weekend up in Plockton with great seafood etc. So why am I looking at webcams and menus for PP .

Scotslizzy

PP_Kev 12-03-2017 22:12

Obvious answer to this one... You need to book up and go as nowhere compares to PP!!! Thats why we all come on here isnt it???

pollensafan 13-03-2017 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 117403)
Just back from a really nice weekend up in Plockton with great seafood etc. So why am I looking at webcams and menus for PP .

Scotslizzy

The answer is quite simple (as am I ). You are addicted. There are of course meetings that you can attend where you sit in a circle facing each other. You then stand up one at a time and say. " I am a ppaholic ".

However I should point out that the outlook for a cure is not good. Evidence shows that once addicted, the only medication that helps is regular exposure to PP. This should keep the condition under control. You will of course have to take the medication for life.

I thought the passing of my wife might cure me , but I fear this is not the case. I am now looking to try my luck once more in may to see if the drug still works. Only time will tell. Fingers crossed. :confused:

Roy&Myra 13-03-2017 10:40

By the Time we have sat in your Circle at the end of some Evenings.
You have Said Who are you , What am i doing here , Why am i here ,
Where am I.
But you always find your way home And Return the next Day .In a few Months and The Next Year . How long has this Ailment been going on Over 30 Years Me thinks. As you say No Cure But keep taking the Medicine

pollensafan 13-03-2017 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roy&Myra (Post 117417)
By the Time we have sat in your Circle at the end of some Evenings.
You have Said Who are you , What am i doing here , Why am i here ,
Where am I.
But you always find your way home And Return the next Day .In a few Months and The Next Year . How long has this Ailment been going on Over 30 Years Me thinks. As you say No Cure But keep taking the Medicine

Guilty as charged your honour. :)

Sparky 13-03-2017 10:52

Of course there is a cure............move here. It worked for me, i still absolutely love the place but i don't get the longing and withdrawal symptoms anymore, win, win!!! :D:D.

scotslizzy 13-03-2017 12:07

We really are a sad buch !!!

Not really though if I could get cheaper flights from Glasgow I would be over in the next couple of weeks but June it is for definite !

This addiction started just under 30 years ago !!!!!

Cheers

Scotslizzy

ragdollabbi 13-03-2017 14:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by scotslizzy (Post 117421)
Not really though if I could get cheaper flights from Glasgow I would be over in the next couple of weeks but June it is for definite !

This addiction started just under 30 years ago !!!!!

Cheers

Scotslizzy

Scotslizzy, try Edinburgh for flights! We got flights for £26 return for end of month😀 Could have got them cheaper (£21) if we'd mixed and matched GLA/PIK/EDI. Might be worth a look.

mallorcaboy 13-03-2017 15:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 117414)
The answer is quite simple (as am I ). You are addicted. There are of course meetings that you can attend where you sit in a circle facing each other. You then stand up one at a time and say. " I am a ppaholic ".

However I should point out that the outlook for a cure is not good. Evidence shows that once addicted, the only medication that helps is regular exposure to PP. This should keep the condition under control. You will of course have to take the medication for life.

I thought the passing of my wife might cure me , but I fear this is not the case. I am now looking to try my luck once more in may to see if the drug still works. Only time will tell. Fingers crossed. :confused:

Hi Terry old friend. Great to see you up and posting again. Can't imagine what you've been going through, and I'm sure that a return trip will be painful, but I bet Janice would be saying "come on you silly old sod, get out there again"
Hope to catch up with you over there some time
Nick

pollensafan 13-03-2017 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 117424)
Hi Terry old friend. Great to see you up and posting again. Can't imagine what you've been going through, and I'm sure that a return trip will be painful, but I bet Janice would be saying "come on you silly old sod, get out there again"
Hope to catch up with you over there some time
Nick

Hi, Thanks for that. It's toe in the water time so to speak and the only way to find out is to go for it. Second week of may seems to be the date, so if anyone see's some old goat sitting in the gutter with his head in his hands please don't assume he's over done it on the tinto. It will just be me having an emotional moment.:o