Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 10:40

Default Works on The Front...2nd Phase

Has there been any news about the second phase of the work commencing? It's now nearly half way through February which seems very late to start what they planned, and completed by the beginning of April?
mike_dublin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 11:09

Latest article I can find it mentioned is this, though it doesn't mention anything about when works are to begin -
https://www.cronicabalear.es/2017/02...-de-prevision/

Quote:
(Google Translate)
The 2016 budget includes the execution of the second phase of the promenade of the Port of Pollença with a line of 2.1 million euros.

Nonetheless, since the assumption they have indicated that this phase has not been executed, "putting the excuse that if they did not approve the credit rating they could not execute the project". ...
Old 08-02-2017, 11:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
Latest article I can find it mentioned is this, though it doesn't mention anything about when works are to begin -
https://www.cronicabalear.es/2017/02...-de-prevision/
Here is the full translation for those that don't have a translator :=

Quote:
Tots per Pollença has denounced that the government team of the City Council has not executed the investments planned for the 2016 budget year due to lack of foresight and planning of urban development projects.

In this sense, they have detailed in a statement that in total the Consistory of Pollença has stopped performing works worth 3,430,000 euros.

"While in other towns that live on tourism, municipalities are implementing financially sustainable investments in Pollença is not done by a total and absolute lack of foresight, in short, by incompetence and desidia the government team, Junts Avança and Of Unió Mollera Pollencina (UMP), "said the spokesman for Tots per Pollença, Tomeu Cifre.

The 2016 budget includes the execution of the second phase of the promenade of the Port of Pollença with a line of 2.1 million euros.

Nonetheless, since the assumption they have indicated that this phase has not been executed, "putting the excuse that if they did not approve the credit rating they could not execute the project".

"We are again faced with a total lack of foresight, the tourist season will begin and everything will be as before," they have lamented.
I find the comments from spokesman for Tots per Pollença, Tomeu Cifre to be incredible as it was his party that refused to vote for the project to go ahead, therefore causing the delay .
debz1, Golfaholics and mike_dublin like this.
Old 08-02-2017, 12:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I find the comments from spokesman for Tots per Pollença, Tomeu Cifre to be incredible as it was his party that refused to vote for the project to go ahead, therefore causing the delay .
These local politics shenanigans haven't exactly been helpful for this whole project ...
Old 08-02-2017, 14:56

Default So what exactly will be done and where ?

I thought is was all finished (obviously not paying enough attention ) .

Scotslizzy
Old 08-02-2017, 21:26

It really has turned into a farce and as you say sparky the remarks by Tomeu Cifre are unbelievable.

I hope at the very least some running repairs are done on the sea wall as a temporary measure before the start of the season. When we were out a couple of weeks ago we noticed many of the concrete seats are crumbling away, and worse still the metal reinforcements are protruding on a lot of them. Apart from not being able to sit on them and looking dreadful, this is potentially a real danger hazard
Golfaholics, Nick and munro like this.
Old 08-02-2017, 21:36

Whatever is happening politically the weather has not been conducive to doing the work.
sws97sdg and Sparky like this.
Old 08-02-2017, 23:50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Whatever is happening politically the weather has not been conducive to doing the work.
Totally agree with you, this has been the worst winter we have experienced since we moved here in 2008.
lollipop likes this.
Old 09-02-2017, 00:02

I guess that means the bus stops won't be moved from Roger de Flor this year then
Old 09-02-2017, 00:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
I guess that means the bus stops won't be moved from Roger de Flor this year then
That is a separate issue, please start a new thread if you wish to discuss it.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-02-2017 at 00:16.
Old 09-02-2017, 09:26

Quote:
Totally agree with you, this has been the worst winter we have experienced since we moved here in 2008.
Geez, will that really be 10 years next year Sparky, where did those years go

Agree about the weather, imagine if they had started, they would be weeks behind already! And also about the seats, they need to get them sorted soon as, but if they start nothing else that would be best now so as to be ready for the start of the season, or even earlier this year!

On island time!!
Old 09-02-2017, 10:32
Banned

Using a bit of bad weather as a possible reason for not starting? Really? If so it doesn't wash with me. It's hardly Siberia. Most road working is done with machinery as would knocking a barely 2' wall down and rebuilding with some new seats.
Sherberts likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 09-02-2017 at 10:51.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:50
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Using a bit of bad weather as a possible reason for not starting? Really? If so it doesn't wash with me. It's hardly Siberia. Most road working is done with machinery as would knocking a barely 2' wall down and rebuilding with some new seats.
Nick while i respect your right to an opinion, nobody has blamed the weather completely we have merely said that it hasn't helped. That said you have not been here so couldn't possibly know just how bad the weather has been, and i doubt you would work outside in torrential rain and bitterly cold winds that you could barely stand up in while being sand blasted.

I have removed your comment re the "Spanish mentality" as this is bordering on racism.
hoopy, sunnyboy and Tangoman like this.
Old 09-02-2017, 11:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
As far as I remember, and they do keep changing it, they are not removing the sea wall just repairing it and installing new street furniture instead of the seats.
The main work this year, again as I understand was to raise the road from Tolos to the roundabout with a cobbled surface, not the sort of work you would want to do with the weather they have had, which is why I said it would have been delayed anyway and best not to start it now.
lollipop and copper like this.

On island time!!
Old 09-02-2017, 19:08

Quote:
Nick while i respect your right to an opinion, nobody has blamed the weather completely we have merely said that it hasn't helped. That said you have not been here so couldn't possibly know just how bad the weather has been, and i doubt you would work outside in torrential rain and bitterly cold winds that you could barely stand up in while being sand blasted.

I have removed your comment re the "Spanish mentality" as this is bordering on racism.
Well done Sparky. I was fed up reading his derogatory comments about Spaniards
sws97sdg likes this.