Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   New road to the airport (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/13060-new-road-airport.html)

graham 12-09-2016 21:55

New road to the airport

Does anyone know when the new road is likely to open? There's a huge amount of work going on, but it seems to have been going on for at least two years.

lollipop 13-09-2016 17:16

Not sure what you mean by new road. The road to the airport going in from the road that runs alongside Al Campo and then joins the main motorway at Col de Rebassa,(nr to Carrefour) has been open for a long time and is being worked on to hopefully remove a few roundabouts. Some stretches are finished. A work in progress but airport still accessible this way.

Gommar Goffer 17-09-2016 17:32

it is all open with work on going. I have used it for years and it is far better than risking hold ups in Palma.

pollensa 18-09-2016 18:57

We have always used the MA30 - the road between Al Campo/Leroy Merlin & Coll d'en Rabassa (Carrefour) & our instructions here Directions from Palma airport to Puerto Pollensa Majorca Mallorca (last updated in 2007!) are only a little out of date because of the road works/roundabout changes along that route and the area around the Al Campo interchange has changed a little.

The only change we have made is that we no longer arrive via Pollensa town but instead carry on towards Alcudia and arrive via the scenic route along the front.

I'm pretty sure that the airport is signposted that way on the way back anyway. Just checked https://goo.gl/maps/ARWUyvSk8yN2 the sign does show the airport at the exit from the MA13 onto the MA30 (by Al Campo).

Molt de Renou 19-09-2016 08:21

Me too, as if one gets caught behind a bus or a lorry, it is virtually impossible to overtake (safely) until you get to Pollensa, and even then...............

The road via the beach is 800 meters longer ( from the Sa Pobla turn off ) but seems to be faster and, as far as I am concerned, has a nicer view.

You also avoid the radar just after the Golf Club, which has caught me out at night on more than one occasion.

There is a new roundabout opposite Alcampo as well as opposite Carrefour which makes getting round them slightly faster.

The motorway way is slightly longer in distance, but a lot of people still consider it to be faster, as itīs basically straight with no stops, unless you are caught up in the jam at around 9 am every morning.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose !

Carol 24-09-2016 13:01

Have also always used this road coming off at Al Campo to get to the airport. Not sure whether the new shopping complex(Primark etc) will make it busier at the airport end.

copper 24-09-2016 20:25

Our Taxi driver had to use this the other morning as there had been a terrible accident on the way into Palma and it got us there quickly

I think the driver said it should have been finished 2 years ago The new shopping Centre certainly looked huge !

mallorcaboy 24-09-2016 20:53

We used to drive up through Santa Maria, Binissalem etc in the old days. Took longer but quite pretty if I remember

Gommar Goffer 25-09-2016 13:05

you can still use the old road from Inca if you want the scenic route

mallorcaboy 25-09-2016 15:30

Might well do next time :)

kcdc230 25-09-2016 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 114748)
you can still use the old road from Inca if you want the scenic route

We did that one day this summer for a change. It was lovely - the road was deserted - a lot different from the old days when you used to get as far as Inca and then get stuck in a queue of tourist buses all the way to PP!

sws97sdg 20-08-2018 10:50

Going to use this way coming back from Pollensa to the airport to pick up the kids and going back up to the port, anyone used it recently, is it still the same directions?

pollensafan 20-08-2018 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallorcaboy (Post 114744)
We used to drive up through Santa Maria, Binissalem etc in the old days. Took longer but quite pretty if I remember

Indeed you did sir, but in the end, the old horse and cart could take it no more:D

Gommar Goffer 20-08-2018 14:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by sws97sdg (Post 124182)
Going to use this way coming back from Pollensa to the airport to pick up the kids and going back up to the port, anyone used it recently, is it still the same directions?

The directions are pretty much the same but allow a little more time because you can get some delays because of the works