Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Rosie34
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 3 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 4 Post By lollipop
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 1 Post By emmalou

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2016, 18:33

Default Does anyone send postcards now from PP?

I gave up sending postcards years ago but this year we had friends who were unable to travel with us to Puerto Pollensa and family at home who had ill health. So I bought 6 postcards and stamps from the Voramar (sp?) supermarket at the start of the pine Walk and posted them on Friday 19th August at the yellow postbox outside the Daina hotel.
If they weren't collected that day or the following two days we saw on Monday 22nd August a postlady on a bike open the box and pick up the mail.
On Friday 26th August we were staying in Port de Soller where I bought a further 3 postcards and stamps to send to some of the same people. By Tuesday 6th September these cards from Port de Soller were received.
As of today Thursday 8th September none of the cards sent from Puerto pollensa have been received. One of them was to my granddaughter who has been working in Valladolid, Spain for the summer, she got the Port de Soller one but is due to travel back to the UK this weekend.
This is so disappointing and a waste of money, even if they arrive now it is an anticlimax.
Has anyone any advice or comments please?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2016, 18:55

My son and daughter in law sent us a postcard from PP in July. Arrived within a few days!!
Old 08-09-2016, 19:06

We havent sent postcards for years as we had always arrived home well before the postcards!
annascotland likes this.
Old 08-09-2016, 20:01
Banned

We sent 3 a couple of weeks ago and arrived in England 3 days later. That seems to be the norm.
Have had some take about a week and once several were put in the postbox on the square and one never arrived.
Think it's a gamble.
Still a nice tradition though, particularly for a 7 year old, and better than damn texts all the time!!!
whaleywanderer and clinkham like this.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:19
Super Moderator

Well the Spanish postal system is a bit of a lottery i am afraid, another option is to take Royal mail stamps with you, you can bet you will meet someone who is going home the next day, just ask them to pop the cards in the post when they get back.
sws97sdg, annascotland and Pina like this.
Old 09-09-2016, 13:26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Well the Spanish postal system is a bit of a lottery i am afraid, another option is to take Royal mail stamps with you, you can bet you will meet someone who is going home the next day, just ask them to pop the cards in the post when they get back.
Hardly the same as getting a postcard with a Spanish stamp and post office mark though.
annascotland likes this.
Old 09-09-2016, 14:53

Some of the places that sell postcards and stamps, the stamps are not for the correos(post office)yellow boxes but swissmail which are red boxes. These will not be delivered if in wrong box.
Old 09-09-2016, 20:12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Some of the places that sell postcards and stamps, the stamps are not for the correos(post office)yellow boxes but swissmail which are red boxes. These will not be delivered if in wrong box.
Interesting point that I, and a bet a lot of others, didn't know.
I usually buy the stamps and postcards from the tabac shop opposite Nostaligia. Would be nice if the staff pointed that out to people.
annascotland likes this.
Old 09-09-2016, 21:23

I sent a postcard this year to my dad who was in hospital... The staff at the Flora posted it for me, still took 3 weeks to arrive.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:35

I didn't know about the different stamps, the ones I got at the shop with the postcards did have Swiss stamp on them and I posted them in yellow Correos box so hey ho at least I know now!
Old 10-09-2016, 13:30

I am told it is better to place your post card inside an envelope. Make sure you ask for stamp to UK. Nick I think the Tabac sell correos stamps or certainly used to.