Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree77Likes
  • 1 Post By snowy2007
  • 2 Post By P&C@29
  • 5 Post By mike_dublin
  • 19 Post By Doogz1874
  • 2 Post By CathB
  • 6 Post By kate1
  • 6 Post By snowy2007
  • 6 Post By Harters
  • 6 Post By KWUK2
  • 2 Post By Doogz1874
  • 18 Post By Disorderly
  • 4 Post By Carol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2016, 23:02

Default Not a word was spoken

92 members been on the forum today but only a handful of post why I wonder, have the restaurants all closed ? Car hire down, flights up, deck chairs filling up. Weather good so no comments. Footpaths cracking up, bus stops moved.

Looks like I will have to read about how to Vote next Thursday.
Stevo66 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2016, 08:40

There has been so much said about the seafront already !! Am reserving judgement till our visit next week !

Beds and Brollies I have expressed my excitement at the fact they are there already !! Think they are too expensive but will still use them

Fingers crossed French Air Traffic controllers are working next week and for everyone else as well

As we are visiting twice we wont be posting our fav Restaurants till later in the year Have been disappointed by the reports about Centric as always visited there and enjoyed it Perhaps opening the other Restaurant has spread them too thin Have got a few things to ask early next week about current music thats on if not cancelled because of the football !
Old 17-06-2016, 09:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post
92 members been on the forum today but only a handful of post why I wonder, have the restaurants all closed ? Car hire down, flights up, deck chairs filling up. Weather good so no comments. Footpaths cracking up, bus stops moved.

If you post an opinion you get shot down in flames so think this is my last post
debz1 and graham like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:23

Think it's important that everybody can voice their opinion without getting shot down or attacked.
Not even in jest.

A lot of passionate PP lovers got involved in the recent discussions about the changes to the front as well as the bed and brollies.

And obviously there were and are worries about the changes doing damage to the resort we all love.

Probably time to look forward again to all the positives and share news and information about PP which makes the forum such a hive of knowledge.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:36

There are a couple of threads recently that have become overly emotive at times which to a certain extent is understandable: everyone on the forum loves Puerto Pollensa so when there are changes or things not working as (we feel) they should, then we all want to have our say.
The moderators - who do a fantastic job especially when compared to some of the other forums I use - have repeatedly encouraged users to share their views but once stated not to keep coming back to the thread & re-stating them. (Please remember the moderators are providing a service (for free) to try and keep the forum running smoothly Ė Iím sure they would much rather that they didnít have to intervene as often as they have had to of late).
If you look back through those threads itís often when there is a bit of back & forth with a *1 or 2 users* with differing opinions that it has led to things, at times, escalating to the extent that the mods have had to step in again and delete some messages & now suspend a thread. (*FYI Ė this isnít a dig at any specific user/s, a bit of back & forth is inevitable & can often be a good thing if itís just to clarify an earlier point that youíve made Ė but itís all too easy for the intended tone of a post/s to be misinterpreted and the situation can end up more adversarial).

In general this forum is far more polite & friendly than the others I use Ė hopefully weíll soon see some of the issues in the port start to improve and we can get back to discussing the more positive aspects of PP.
pollensa, joey36, marilyn and 16 others like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
If you post an opinion you get shot down in flames so think this is my last post
I feel the same way
debz1 and Bootledodger like this.

Eating Out
Old 17-06-2016, 11:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowy2007 View Post

I wonder if it had anything to do with the football yesterday?
Old 17-06-2016, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjacks View Post
I wonder if it had anything to do with the football yesterday?
That's actually a very good point - I was the only member online here at one point during the game yesterday.
Old 17-06-2016, 12:56

I actually think the horrific news yesterday about Jo Cox has left a lot of people in rather a sombre mood - I've found it hard to focus on anything else.
PP76, Rosie34, eleanor and 3 others like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 14:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogz1874 View Post
There are a couple of threads recently that have become overly emotive at times which to a certain extent is understandable: everyone on the forum loves Puerto Pollensa so when there are changes or things not working as (we feel) they should, then we all want to have our say.
The moderators - who do a fantastic job especially when compared to some of the other forums I use - have repeatedly encouraged users to share their views but once stated not to keep coming back to the thread & re-stating them. (Please remember the moderators are providing a service (for free) to try and keep the forum running smoothly Ė Iím sure they would much rather that they didnít have to intervene as often as they have had to of late).
If you look back through those threads itís often when there is a bit of back & forth with a *1 or 2 users* with differing opinions that it has led to things, at times, escalating to the extent that the mods have had to step in again and delete some messages & now suspend a thread. (*FYI Ė this isnít a dig at any specific user/s, a bit of back & forth is inevitable & can often be a good thing if itís just to clarify an earlier point that youíve made Ė but itís all too easy for the intended tone of a post/s to be misinterpreted and the situation can end up more adversarial).

In general this forum is far more polite & friendly than the others I use Ė hopefully weíll soon see some of the issues in the port start to improve and we can get back to discussing the more positive aspects of PP.
I agree with some of what you say but not all, if you don't have back and forth there is no point to raise in the first place, and you would not have a forum. Most of the post on the front are new items that are just happening so how can they be repeats?.
I dread to think what forums you have subscribed to, yes the Mods do their best but sometimes the tone is "do as I say not as I do" ! , but on the whole good job done. I can't comment on the front as I have not seen it but it can't all be wrong judging by the pictures which is FACT.
"everyone on the forum loves Puerto Pollensa so when their are changes or things not working as (we feel) they should, then we all want to have our say".

And are entitled to in an open forum to which we subscribe to and choose to join, what will happen when I visit in September I post about the front will it be deleted ? although a fresh view and opinion also where do I post it ?.
Roll on September so I can visit PP as I have done for the last 37 years yes I could moan about the changes I have seen, as you will in years to come. However PP has kept its charm and elegance and I for one would hate to spoil this, that's why I come back every year.
Old 17-06-2016, 15:25

I don't mind anyone disagreeing with me. What I do mind is if they are rude, deliberately misrepresent what I have said, or tell downright lies. It's happened to me on another forum (entirely different subject matter) only a few days ago, with the result that I've decided not to play there any longer.

I think of forums as a bit like going to the local pub. There's folk there I love to chat with, there's others who I might just nod to and then there's those who make you decide just to have a swift half and go home,as you just know they're going to try to get into an argument.
jjacks, Meerkat, CharlieV and 3 others like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 15:47

Something is always missing in forum threads and entries.

Face-to-face communications include hearing tone-of-voice and seeing body-language and those are absent in our typed words.

It's very easy for forum entries, and humour in them, to be misinterpreted; it's happened for me and for many others I guess. For that reason I (usually) chill-out on a forum when things begin to appear heated.
Chelseadons, car77, jjacks and 3 others like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 16:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post
Something is always missing in forum threads and entries.

Face-to-face communications include hearing tone-of-voice and seeing body-language and those are absent in our typed words.

It's very easy for forum entries, and humour in them, to be misinterpreted; it's happened for me and for many others I guess. For that reason I (usually) chill-out on a forum when things begin to appear heated.
Quite right - I've updated my avatar back to The Dude from the Big Lebowski hopefully that'll help everyone chill-out a bit

The Dude Abides
jjacks and Pina like this.
Old 17-06-2016, 17:52

Know what? I think the Forum's greatest strength is providing information. Time after time people (particularly newcomers) ask for, and receive astoundingly good help and feedback.

Opinions, on the other hand, are to be taken as they are in all walks of life.....they are someone's personal view, a view they have every right to hold and not be belittled for. I find very little aggravation on this Forum.....long may it continue and thanks indeed to our wonderful hosts and moderators who do such stirling work for us all.

I guess it's like this wretched referendum......when it's all over we will just have to shut up and put up with whatever is decided.

Long live the Forum!!!
Old 19-06-2016, 12:20

Agree whole heartedly - information is the key to this forum - helped us out many a time!