Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-07-2016, 12:28

Thanks for this Sparky. I am not very good with maps - does this mean that the bus stops are being moved from Roger de Flor?
Sponsored Links
Old 26-07-2016, 12:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
Thanks for this Sparky. I am not very good with maps - does this mean that the bus stops are being moved from Roger de Flor?
It wasn't particularly clear to me either but I assume the stops marked with X's are closing and the rest are either existing or new stops - so no change at Roger de Flor
Old 26-07-2016, 12:47
Super Moderator

Doogz is correct, bus stops will be in Llenaire, Pinaret, Gotmar, Roger de Flor and Hotel Illa d'Or.
Old 26-07-2016, 12:51

Thanks- is this still temporary?
Old 26-07-2016, 12:55

What is news is that apparently passengers arenīt allowed to take suitcases onboard and the driver canīt open or there isnīt a bay below like with the normal tourist buses.
Old 26-07-2016, 13:24
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangofan View Post
Thanks- is this still temporary?
As far as i know Roger de Flor is still temporary until the new main stop is built.
lollipop likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 14:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
What is news is that apparently passengers arenīt allowed to take suitcases onboard and the driver canīt open or there isnīt a bay below like with the normal tourist buses.
You now cant take suitcases on the bus as we had done before, now they have to go in the hold underneath, this is what happened to us last trip

On island time!!
Old 26-07-2016, 14:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
A couple of observations:

So does this mean that people who don't hire a car, will no longer be able to get the Port from the Airport via the public bus service (changing at Plaza de Espana)? Good news for the taxis at about 80euros a go. Another hit in the pocket.

The new bus stops are all quite a distance from the front line which will mean long walks to Hotels and apartments, particularly between Llenaire and the Marina. I think it might cause a few problems for the elderly and less mobile. A long walk on a hot day.

The words foot and shooting come to my mind.
Pina likes this.
Old 26-07-2016, 14:41

Hi Marilyn as I said you can still carry cases on the bus with you, and I suppose that if you are staying at the top or middle of Pineret it will be closer to walk then having to walk all the way up from the front!

On island time!!
Old 26-07-2016, 15:21

Marilyn, also spare a thought for residents, businesses and people (like we were) staying in Roger de Flor who had to put up with the noise and fumes of the engines running for long periods of time. We were only there 2 weeks, the residents have to put up with it all the time, plus the businesses are suffering as nobody wants to sit outside on their terraces next to noisy, fume emitting buses.
Old 26-07-2016, 16:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
You now cant take suitcases on the bus as we had done before, now they have to go in the hold underneath, this is what happened to us last trip
You are most probably are right. I was quoting from a newspaper article that says that passengers have been complaining about a bus driver who wonīt open the hold.
Old 26-07-2016, 16:43

I really do appreciate the effect of the Roger de Flor stop as I was staying around the corner. It was noisy and smelly and must be hell for the residents. I think the proposed final location for bus station while not as central as the old one, will be fine - a short walk from the square. My concern is the other stops as unless you are staying near the bypass, the walks on a hot day down to the front line may be too much for some.

Regarding cases, I struggled to find somewhere for my carry on case inside a Hoppa. It went underneath with my hold case no problem. I think tourists will suffer with the new rules and route and it may put people off from returning. The winners will be the taxis and hopper services which will hopefully improve on recent performance by some.
Tommo likes this.
Old 27-07-2016, 10:02

Red face

I repeat - this is not good news - the new bus stops especially the on in the service road in Pinaret.
The service roads were never meant for bus's never mind long Palma bendy bus's to go along them.
Where is everyone going to park? Damage to cars will happen as the bus drivers go along the narrow road!
What is the route going to be?
Out at the end of August and sitting on our terrace is now not going to be a pleasure at all - may even sell - but won't be able to because of the bus stop!
Great long time lover of Puerto Pollensa but not now!
Old 27-07-2016, 21:39

The Ayuntamiento have been "hell bent" on having a by pass and now that it is there they have to pretend that they have had carefully thought out plans to use it. Does anyone believe that all the recent changes in bus routes and bus stops have been in the master plan? No. They have been off the cuff panic solutions to problems that they had not considered. How long will it take for this latest plan for bus routes to be scrapped and another scheme introduced without any public consultation. Regarding the plan being introduced on 1 August: what proportion of the resident population will use the Pinaret and Gomar Stops? Miles from the front and most of the hotels. Surely the only sensible routes and siting for bus stops is along the front line - with easy access to most of the shops, bars, restaurants,hotels and beaches for those who have no car and rely on public transport. Do the Ayuntamiento really expect holidaymakers to make the long walk from Pinaret, Gommar, Llenaire or Roger de Florence with lilos, umbrellas, picnic bags and beach furniture to the front? It's a lunatic scheme. Why are the Ayuntamiento resisting the use of the front line for public transport?
Lorenzo, Luckyone and Enjay like this.
Old 28-07-2016, 06:21

Anything that takes traffic off of the front line is good news as far as I'm concerned. It seems that the pedestrianisation is being taken seriously . Great
whaleywanderer and lollipop like this.