Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2017, 09:38

it's like the video of someone stealing from a backpack - they get hold of what is inside and wait until the person moves to cover their movement.
Old 04-08-2017, 09:27

I did notice this year that there are posters round the town warning of the different places people are most vulnerable to theft. There was one in the lift of the apartment we were staying in so it was a great reminder every time we went out.
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 18-08-2017, 13:23

Sad sign of the times, they are installing concrete barriers across the entrances to the Plaza España in Palma and other pedestrian areas
cumberland8, Tommo and Roy&Myra like this.

On island time!!
Old 18-08-2017, 19:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws97sdg View Post
Sad sign of the times, they are installing concrete barriers across the entrances to the Plaza España in Palma and other pedestrian areas
Really sad, but necessary I fear.
Carol and cumberland8 like this.
Old 02-09-2017, 15:44

Default Warning re attempted burglary in La Font.

Hi. Just a word of warning to anyone currently staying in La Font. Last week around 01:00 we heard a car come down our road (which is a cul de sac). We assumed it was someone who was renting a property and had got lost trying to find it. Someone got out with a torch, stayed a few seconds and then drove off. Then this morning I was woken at 03:30 by a car again driving down our road. This time they switched the engine off and the next thing someone was in my garden shining a light on my garden, kitchen door and front door. We always have the front gate padlocked (and a baseball bat to hand - well I am a Mancunian!), but one of them had climbed over it. I switched the light on and it disturbed them and they left hastily! I realised that last week they must have been assessing which houses were occupied (or not). Very crafty doing so at a time when they could be mistaken for someone returning after a night out. We went to the Police in the Old Town this morning to let them know, but as I had no details and they hadnt actually broken in there was nothing they could do. Just to make everyone aware, not to be too relaxed about security just because you are on holiday. Crime isnt rife, but like pick pockets - it does happen occasionally.
Rosie34 and Tommo like this.
Old 02-09-2017, 17:51

when my daughter was st our apartment in Gommar someone came snooping around the garden looking in windows. when challenged he claimed to be looking for his dog. I have also had this happen so be vigilant people!
Tommo likes this.
Old 13-10-2017, 16:59

Default Warning.

My wife and daughter were walking past the main bus stop this morning at 10.00 and noticed a man acting suspiciously in the queue.They decided to watch him and sure enough he was moving through the crowd looking at bags and pockets.We saw him make a signal to a woman at the time of the bus arriving as they moved in to target an elderly gentleman who had personal possessions around his waistband.At this point my daughter confronted the pair and called out a warning to everyone else.The man moved away but the woman gestured rudely and became threatening.My daughter called her a thief so that all there could hear.
I know that this is not the first time this has occurred but everyone please be aware.
Sparky, lollipop, Rosie34 and 3 others like this.
Old 15-10-2017, 18:24

Steveo66, Well Done to your wife and daughter, at least one person was saved from being robbed today because of their actions and possibly more.
Tommo and Gp1602 like this.
Old 18-11-2017, 17:34

Default Police door to door

Hi,
I have an apartment in Los Cipreses in Ganguil, Pinaret.My brother was staying in my apartment last week when Police came to the door asking who lived there and asked for phone numbers and email addresses apparently went to most apartments. Any ideas what it was about? Excuse the random question.
Not out till December so just curious.
Thanks
Jon
Old 21-11-2017, 15:52

I wonder if it is something to do with checking to see if apartments are being rented without licence. Although I'm not sure if it would be the police doing the checks.
driftwood likes this.
Old 21-11-2017, 17:35

perhaps somebody has made a complaint about lettings in the block
driftwood likes this.
Old 05-12-2017, 15:51

Thanks for the answers, all a bit odd.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:19

Cronica Balear is reporting 54 surveillance cameras have been installed on the island - four of which are in Puerto Pollensa.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:47
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp View Post
Cronica Balear is reporting 54 surveillance cameras have been installed on the island - four of which are in Puerto Pollensa.
It seems to be only the marina/port areas are covered.

Quote:
The Department of Territory, Energy and Mobility has completed the installation, in all ports of direct management of the Balearic Islands, of a total of 54 surveillance cameras to reinforce security around the moorings and the port area.
Full story can be read here https://www.cronicabalear.es/2017/12...rtos-baleares/
Old 26-01-2018, 17:53
Under Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
I wonder if it is something to do with checking to see if apartments are being rented without licence. Although I'm not sure if it would be the police doing the checks.
The local authorities are carrying out checks on illegaly rented apartments as I’ve seen them. Time will tell.