Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2017, 11:57
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Sorry that this has happened.

Your experience and what you had to do to recover and protect yourselves i.e. the procedure you followed, Police, Banks etc would be of interest.

It would be a good resource for other members of the Forum in case it happens to them, maybe a "Security" topic or sticky?

Other topics could be "What to do if you have an accident" Motor, Health etc.

Any thoughts?
There is already a thread for this , here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-security.html
Old 09-06-2017, 12:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
There is already a thread for this , here :- http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-security.html
Thanks Mrs S.

However, I was thinking more along the lines of a set of instructions to follow if you have a particular problem. eg What to do if you ... are Robbed ... Mugged ... have an accident etc.

As "Sticky's" that appear at the top of an "In Emergency" category so you don't have to search for it.

This obviously means work for those that have encountered these problems in the past and someone to consolidate these views into a useful list!

Thanks

My FlickR Photos
Old 09-06-2017, 13:25

Thanks to all for useful responses. My husband had a thought this morning that outside Lidl there is what appears to be a 'beggar' although he sits to one side of the entrance and you would have to go a bit out of your way if you wanted to give him something. My husband wondered if he is part of the 'gang' and the thieves offload their stolen goods to him and just look as if they are giving him a donation. Just a thought. We haven't seen any beggars outside any other supermarket. We did try to report it to Lidl but they obviously weren't interested at all as probably a common occurrence for them, as confirmed by police. We went straight to pollensa police station and I filled a form on their desktop and policeman copied and stamped it. They suggested we phone bank from their phone so the bank cards were cancelled within an hour . Then back at villa phoned the travelex card and cancelled that and they offered to send cash as well. They will send new card with balance of euros to home. Then phoned travel insurers re cash stolen and there will a claim form waiting at home. So all the systems seem to work but I still furious with mysel for getting caught out and wanted to remind everyone not to get complacent as the b!!!!!!s are still out there!
Old 09-06-2017, 13:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
... but I still furious with mysel for getting caught out and wanted to remind everyone not to get complacent as the b!!!!!!s are still out there!
Thanks for the update of what must have been a very stressful experience.
Interesting thought about the 'beggar'.

Don't let the b!!!!!!s spoil it for you. A healthy measure of Suau should be a good start. Let PP soothe you.
Old 09-06-2017, 14:14

Rosie I too saw the beggar outside Lidl. Interesting that as I too thought he was tucked out of the way by the trolleys and not obviously begging!
Old 09-06-2017, 16:27

Today there was a different guy there to the one who was there when I went last Sunday.
Old 24-06-2017, 11:03

Default Cash machine card skimmer example photos

Not directly related to pollensa but this happens everywhere.

Beware of the card skimmers on cash machines.

Some great example photos on imgur:

Beware of these*Insane ATM Scams - Album on Imgur

The bright green plastic thing with Leds always looks suspicious doesn't it, even a real one.

Below is a screen grab from a website that sells the skimmer parts, this one looks much more like the real one above.

Petrol pumps are also targetted with similar devices so ideally dont pay at pump anywhere.

Ideally use a pre paid card for extra security.

Last edited by Mark; 24-06-2017 at 14:39.
Old 24-06-2017, 12:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Today there was a different guy there to the one who was there when I went last Sunday.

Call me a soft touch but I gave the beggar outside Lidl an apple and a bottle of water when I was returning my trolley the other day. He seemed really grateful and said muchas gracias. As I drove off he was eating the apple ....it was a nice Pink Lady!
Old 24-06-2017, 13:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
Call me a soft touch but I gave the beggar outside Lidl an apple and a bottle of water when I was returning my trolley the other day. He seemed really grateful and said muchas gracias. As I drove off he was eating the apple ....it was a nice Pink Lady!
Good for you Debz. Maybe he was just homeless and not a beggar. There is a distinct difference. In my line of work, I often see homeless people who have often got there by misfortune and are trying to pick themselves up. Unfortunately it is not that easy.
debz1, Tommo and Bekki like this.
Old 26-06-2017, 08:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by debz1 View Post
That's good to know Debs - and very kind of you - not an old cynic like what I am!! (probably due to bad experience!).
debz1 likes this.
Old 26-06-2017, 09:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
That's good to know Debs - and very kind of you - not an old cynic like what I am!! (probably due to bad experience!).
Haha Rosie me too normally and I'd ignored him the previous week. It was just an unbelievably hot day and he looked very uncomfortable. It was a spur of the moment thing and I reasoned it was better than giving money.

Off to Lidl later ....might buy him a baguette today 😊
Old 01-07-2017, 16:39

Default Robbed at Airport

Just read on i love puerto pollensa website that a lady was attacked today by two men at the airport and had her bag stolen , please everyone be extra vigilant when arriving .
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 01-07-2017, 21:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevgt View Post
Just read on i love puerto pollensa website that a lady was attacked today by two men at the airport and had her bag stolen , please everyone be extra vigilant when arriving .
Where in the airport- was it in terminal or car pickup section? Bl***dy awful wherever it was.
Old 02-07-2017, 00:20

just as they were going to collect car
Old 02-08-2017, 15:15

Heard last week from my friend that he was on the crowded bus(people standing) to pollenca and a woman pushed her way through towards the back of the bus pretending to wave to her friends ( Non existent) . When the bus made a stop she waited to the last second and got off. Then he realised his wallet had gone as did a womans purse. Clever, using the bus movement to bump into you, also distraction of pretending to wave.. Then to get off bus at last second.. Shame, but we have to mistrust everybody.. Be warned.
Rosie34 likes this.