Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree2057Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-02-2013, 20:27

Default Semi-Pedestrianisation of the front line in PP.

See the council are on again about making front line from Llenaire to Brisa Marina (opp car park) an almost exclusive pedestrian area. Apparently local businesses have been questioned and the majority want it
debz1 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-02-2013, 20:40
Super Moderator

Yes this has already been reported here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...s-news-24.html
Old 22-02-2013, 11:17

Default Semi Pedestrianisation - Llenaire - Roundabout at Marina

Do we know if this is now definitely going ahead ??. a one way system from the Alcudia end is fair enough, but any return journeys would mean driving out of the port to the bypass in order to return to your own or rented villa on the Alcudia side. I feel that it would also cause traffic jams in the back streets. Certainly it would help local businesses, but possibly make more people hesd ror Pollensa Town or Alcudia itself.

On A totally different track, This is my 100th post on the Forum. Am I now up there with the " Elite?".
Old 22-02-2013, 11:21

Everyone is Elite on a forum Ronnie! There is no firm go ahead or chuck out in place yet, just rumours, rumours, rumours! And the reasons you posted are among those put forward that are among those which have not yet been sorted out, and why the one way system didnt work the other year too! A lot of discussions going on behind closed doors no doubt and its still a case of "watch this area"!
Ronnie likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 11:23
Super Moderator

As it says in the newspaper article, it is still in it's study stage so only time will tell .
RobnAnna likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 13:15
Banned

I'd be fully behind pedestrianisation myself, even if only in part. Think it would be a big improvement.
pollensafan likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 14:54

Last time they tested it. It was no end of fun trying to work out what days and what vehicles could and could not use the road on the front. Not sure even the police knew what was going on and as for people trying yo get to homes and work places on the front am sure they were going crazy trying to work out how to get home or into work. So lets hope they think it through properly this time
Belladonna likes this.
Old 22-02-2013, 15:14
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
Last time they tested it. Not sure even the police knew what was going on
Oh believe me the police did know what was going on.........especially when they were handing out tickets to the drivers that tried their luck .
debz1, joey36 and Belladonna like this.
Old 22-02-2013, 16:41

I remember many years ago the same objections were put forward about Arenal, which had the same sort of layout as pp. Long front fed by side roads. Many said it would not work but done properly it worked perfectly. The rest as they say is history. For me it can't come soon enough. Every part of the front is serviceable from the side rd's, so in theory it should be easy. (said tongue in cheek) On the odd occassion that there is a lull in the traffic it is pure paradise. If they are still going to have traffic (one way) then they may as well not bother. All or nothing for me. However I expect it will still be discussed next year and the year after, and on and on
debz1, cherylbb and Nick like this.
Old 22-02-2013, 20:19

pollensafan I totally agree with all you say especially about the one way idea being a waste of time.If you are going to pedestrianise it should be just that. Even if they put a service road in for the shops but had a time restriction as to when vehicles could drop off deliveries, for example before 11am.
Old 22-02-2013, 20:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes this has already been reported here http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...s-news-24.html
I said the traders were in favour by a majority, I think that was a move forward from newspaper report.Afraid i don't have time to trawl the previous pages of the forum on adaily basis. Keep up the good work sparky
Old 01-10-2013, 23:55

I heard from a reliable source yesterday that the plans have been approved and signed. Unfortunately,IMO, they are opting for the one way approach as opposed to total pedestrianisation. Hopefully though whatever they do will be an improvement on the current ridiculously narrow pavement and uneven sea front. Work should commence in the next couple of months... and will take two years
Sparky, lollipop, Nick and 1 others like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:30
Super Moderator

It looks like the plan is on hold again, this from the DDM Pollença descarta peatonalizar el Moll en 2014 por el retraso de Turismo en la firma del convenio - Diario de Mallorca, Google translation here :-

Quote:
Mayor regrets that the Government has not yet secured € 600,000 to be provided by the project to tender - The City will invest 800,000 euros and 300,000 other Consell de Mallorca.
J. Frau One of the flagship projects of the current term in the town of PollePollença rule peatonalizar Moll in 2014 by the Tourism delay signing the agreement
nça, the semipeatonalización the first line of the Port, is in serious danger of stagnation accumulated in the signing of the agreement between the municipality and the Ministry of Tourism to be delayed establish the contribution of 600,000 euros by the Government to tender the project. The mayor of Pollença, Tomeu Encrypt (PP), ensures that the plan can not be implemented in the summer of 2014, as was originally planned, and expresses his doubts about whether he can be a reality in the coming election year , 2015.
The reason, according to the municipal version is that the Ministry of Tourism, through the consortium bag tourist places, has not yet ruled on the draft submitted by Pollença and has not made the agreement to be approved by the City before tender the work, a procedure that corresponds to that consortium. "We insisted on numerous occasions before the Regional Ministry of Tourism, but since I lost the project for next year," laments the popular mayor.

Without signing the agreement, the City has not guaranteed the 600,000 euros from tourism will come from a fund with money raised through the regularization of the hotel rooms.

The draft semipeatonalización the first line has a budget of 1.7 million euros, of which 800,000 euros budgeted correspond to the town of Pollença, 600,000 to the Ministry of Tourism and other 300,000 euros will be provided by the Council of Mallorca to invest entirely in the paving and street signage. The technical management of the works is payable by the City Council.

In fact, in addition to signing the pending agreement with the Government, the City should negotiate with the Consell assignment to the municipality in the first line of the Port, which currently appears as road and is owned by the insular institution. Before the assignment to be effective, the City Council must be vigilant that the route through municipal hands good condition.

The pedestrianization project is drafted and sent to the Regional Ministry of Tourism, which must confirm. The mayor attributed the delay in signing the agreement to the controversy around the hotel Rocamar Soller, uncovered by this newspaper, for which the Department would have paid over 600,000 euros of premium. According Encrypt, this fact meant that tourism "has had to revise the procedure" consortium bag seats.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:13

One thing is for sure, you'll see me offering massages on the beach before they get this done. It's the same old rinse and repeat scenario.
debz1, Sparky and Bootledodger like this.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
One thing is for sure, you'll see me offering massages on the beach before they get this done. It's the same old rinse and repeat scenario.
LOL@ pollensafan

Oh well another year with badly patched up and in some places extremely hazardous paving on the front!
Sparky and Bootledodger like this.
Closed Thread