Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Modelo 990 (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/12320-modelo-990-a.html)

oldwittonian 23-07-2015 15:21

Modelo 990

I have just had to this via my bank. What is it for please.

pollensafan 23-07-2015 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldwittonian (Post 105499)
I have just had to this via my bank. What is it for please.

As far as I'm aware it's

Instructions for the payment of fees for private use or special use of state-owned public domain affected the Ministry of Defence. Model 990
Mind you, don't shoot the messenger. I found this on the net:)

oldwittonian 23-07-2015 17:42

I., too, saw that but did not understand it. Further research reveals that it is apparently to do with property which has been 'reformed'(extensions and other works) and which should have been reported to the Land Registry. If you did not so report then you can be fined €6000 irrespective of town hall giving permission. However, for a one off fee of €60 this penalty can be avoided. Only applies to works done in last 50 months. I had the rendering removed from my house to reveal lovely stone work some 10 years ago but still got stung I took the view safer to pay than appeal and get tied up I Spanish beaurocracy.

This going to cover the whole of Spain and should be completed by December 2016. I take it that our local town hall was asked to supply the details. Seems to be a tax to fill the government coffers in view of the economic situation.

Spanish version can be found at La tasa de 60€ de regularización catastral | Agronews Castilla y León

pollensafan 24-07-2015 07:06

Ah, the old tax hike. Well they have to find some money somehow as their debt is larger than their gross domestic product and that by any ones measure is totally unsustainable. :(

ab11 24-07-2015 12:35

Which bank are you with, is this specific to one or applicable to all with Spanish bank accounts?

oldwittonian 25-07-2015 19:32

I am with La Caixa but see below for an explanation and also and also visit to search on your property:

https://www1.sedecatastro.gob.es/OVC...?TIPO=CONSULTA

The Cadastral Amnesty
Have you extended your home without telling the Cadastre Office? Have you added another room to the terrace of your penthouse? Spain has an enormous number of illegal homes, thousands and thousands of homes and/or building renovations which have not been registered at the Cadastre Office. However as from 2013 they can be legalised by merely paying a 60-euro fee. This is the cadastral amnesty, a measure which will allow hundreds of thousands of properties to be legalised, and allow homeowners to avoid fines of up to 6,000 euros.

The Government uses orthophotography, or aerial photography, to uncover cadastral fraud, namely when a building´s use or size has been changed but these changes have not been reported to the Cadastre Office. The failure to register these changes means that the revenues collected by the tax authorities for property tax, personal income tax and other property-related taxes are lower than they should be.

These photos are evidence of fraud, but run contrary to the law as they could be considered to be an invasion of privacy. Consequently, the Ministry of Finance has decided to implement a cadastral amnesty, which will allow owners to register improvements to their property by paying a 60-euro fee. The amount of tax that will be collected directly through this measure is not expected to be very high. However, it is hoped that this this measure will improve indirect tax collection, through taxes such as the property tax.

There is one bright spot for taxpayers who have defrauded the Cadastre Office. The Cadastre Office regularly conducts random visits to property owners, and the fines for unreported building work can range up to 6,000 euros. However owners can avoid a fine by paying 60 euros to register any improvements they have made. The amnesty is expected to start in 2013 and last until 2016, and the Cadastre Office is expected to launch a massive verification programme during this period.

However, it will only be possible to legalise homes that may be registered at the Cadastre Office. Homes that have been built in areas where building is not permitted or do not comply with planning regulations will not be legalised. Despite this, it is estimated that hundreds of thousands of property owners will take advantage of this amnesty.