Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Sending Parcels from Mallorca To Uk (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/11900-sending-parcels-mallorca-uk.html)

howard 24-02-2015 13:41

Sending Parcels from Mallorca To Uk

Any idea which companies collect from door and deliver to UK

I'm thinking of trying DHL
Anyone ever tried

Howard

ab11 24-02-2015 14:22

I'm assuming this is sizable otherwise Royal Mail would be able to send. I'm surprised DHL don't, we (our company) send things DHL all over the world daily. I've even had things DHL'd to me for work while staying in hotels in Brazil and China.

I remember seeing adverts for a man with a van that went back and forth between the UK and the Port last year if anyone can recall the contact details? Perhaps you could Royal Mail to him and then get down that way?

Sparky 24-02-2015 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab11 (Post 100684)
I'm assuming this is sizable otherwise Royal Mail would be able to send. I'm surprised DHL don't, we (our company) send things DHL all over the world daily. I've even had things DHL'd to me for work while staying in hotels in Brazil and China.

I remember seeing adverts for a man with a van that went back and forth between the UK and the Port last year if anyone can recall the contact details? Perhaps you could Royal Mail to him and then get down that way?

I think you have misunderstood Howard's post, he wants to send a parcel from Mallorca to the UK.

Most of the companies that came up on Google search only state UK to Mallorca so DHL may be your best bet Howard.

howard 24-02-2015 14:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by ab11 (Post 100684)

Mallorca to UK, not other way round

In UK, couriers have a collection service, I'm just wandering do they have the same service here or not.
I have had 30kg of goods sent from UK to Mallorca for less than 35 euros.

mike_dublin 24-02-2015 15:47

Can only find ParcelBroker (haven't tried them myself though).

ab11 24-02-2015 15:53

Oops, my bad, sorry Howard.

Maybe the reverse of the white van idea though.

mike_dublin 24-02-2015 16:03

There's also Webbs International Removals Ltd -
Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca) - Property Services

Says on their online quote page:
If its Just a Small Part Load to be Moved then please e-mail us with the details
On-Line Quote

sunny 24-02-2015 16:30

Read an article last year on a company called sendmybag.com, might be worth a look.

pollensafan 24-02-2015 16:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny (Post 100692)
Read an article last year on a company called sendmybag.com, might be worth a look.

Ah, That sounds right up my street. Might see how much to send Mr P :)

mike_dublin 24-02-2015 16:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensafan (Post 100693)
Ah, That sounds right up my street. Might see how much to send Mr P :)

She might want to go with the Man with a van ;)

eleanor 24-02-2015 19:27

I have used sendmybag quite a few times and can highy recommend them. I have used sending from Mallorca to UK as well as Uk to Mallorca. The charge is approx. £32 for 30kg They collect from the door and deliver to the door taking approx 3 days for delivery. You do need to have someone to take delivery though as a signature is needed. They will take in a box or suitcase. I have also used this company to send out luggage as can be cheaper than taking a suitcase with Ryanair. Very good reliable company and you are able to track too.

Gommar Goffer 25-02-2015 10:20

It depends what it is - some couriers will not take fragile stuff.

There is a guy? called Zee bases in Alcudia who operates a van between the island and UK. He advertises in The Talk of the North. There is a thread with a link to the online edition.

mike_dublin 25-02-2015 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 100705)
There is a guy? called Zee bases in Alcudia who operates a van between the island and UK. He advertises in The Talk of the North. There is a thread with a link to the online edition.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...tml#post100274 (see ad on page 11)

(same as the dog transportation service)

Sparky 25-02-2015 10:50

Just looked and the company is called "UK Direct" :).

lollipop 25-02-2015 15:41

I used Zee to collect ad deliver a parcel and also to bring one back for me. Good service. Also know people who have used sendmybag.com without problems.