Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree276Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2014, 00:39

That is fantastic news! - we have been wondering ever since we first came to Pollensa - some 20 years ago now - what would happen to that beautiful building - it's been so frustrating, seeing it empty year after year. What I would also like to know is what will happen to the sizeable number of derelict private houses in Pollensa - which also have been empty for decades - I assume they must be owned by local families who are reluctant to sell, for various reasons, but it is so sad to see them rotting away….
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2014, 11:11
Super Moderator

More good news from the ajuntament on FB :-

Quote:
THE COUNCIL WILL PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT OF THE ROMAN BRIDGE!!

In addition to the Chapter cinema, full of the City Council approved yesterday by unanimity of all groups with municipal representation a modification of credit to purchase two plots of land in Pollença village.

The estate that borders on the Roman bridge, which is classed as a public green area and had to be subject to expropriation.
The Adjuntament de Pollença has reached an agreement for the acquisition by about 250,000 euros.

The purpose of this purchase is to fulfil the mandate of the plenary where they approved a motion to protect the environment of the Roman bridge and this green area for public use.
The other estate lintel with Ca Escarritxo and is described as a rural land. The City Council will take advantage of this plot to enable a final access to the old football field. The Council will acquire for 23,000 euros.

The municipality of Pollença can cope with these purchases thanks to the municipal accounts surplus achieved during this legislature.Translated by Bing
Old 05-12-2014, 17:36
Super Moderator

This has just been posted on FB by the MDB :-

Quote:
Breaking news: new Balearic law will offer businesses in tourist areas which open all year around tax breaks and other incentives as part of a scheme to encourage winter tourism.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:41
Super Moderator

This report from the UH http://ultimahora.es/mallorca/notici...formentor.html

Quote:
The Consell begins restoration viewpoint Formentor.

The workers already made improvements in the gazebo overlooking the Colomer.

The Department of Urban Planning and Territory of the Consell de Mallorca has begun work on improving Colomer viewpoint, on the road to Formentor, one of the corners of the Serra de Tramuntana most popular for its spectacular views. The viewpoint, also known as sa Creueta, currently presents a very poor state, so it will be conditioned in its entirety.

With the works that have been launched this week, is expected to renew the pavement, restoring the walls and change the railings in the two areas viewpoint and build a ramp to ensure accessibility for people with disabilities. The work also provides renewal of street furniture such as bins and signage, which will improve the image of this space. The project has a cost of 140,000 euros and is expected to be completed within six months, before the summer.

This work is part of the four performances in the Serra de Tramuntana running this year with statutory funds. The works are executed in low season when the influx of tourists drops considerably.
Lorenzo, lollipop and Nick like this.
Old 23-12-2014, 16:38
Super Moderator

Have been catching up on emails today and a friend sent me this link Forget Magaluf - Majorca's calmer side is perfect for cyclists, birdwatchers, artists and just chilling out - Mirror Online, of course it's nothing that we don't already know but thought i would share it with you .
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 27-12-2014, 13:48
Super Moderator

Not news but i thought some of you might like to read it :- A Mallorcan Christmas Tradition | Mallorca Observed .
Old 29-12-2014, 11:10

Comer de Pollena

My Spanish is pretty poor but is this suggesting a tunnel be built between Pollensa and somewhere and that a tram service be established between pollensa, Cala and the port

Also is this just an idea or does it have any substance?
Old 29-12-2014, 11:16
Super Moderator

Yes i read it too but yesterday was the "fiesta de los locos"here in Spain, this is the Spanish equivalent to April Fools Day, so i think it was a prank .

You can see the story here :- http://www.comerciantspollensa.com/
Old 29-12-2014, 11:19

Ahhhh that explains it ha ha
Sparky likes this.
Old 29-12-2014, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Yes i read it too but yesterday was the "fiesta de los locos"here in Spain, this is the Spanish equivalent to April Fools Day, so i think it was a prank .

You can see the story here :- Comer de Pollena
Pity, a tram of the sort pictured running from one end of the Port to the other would be an enhancement to the area. If done properly....
Old 29-12-2014, 11:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by its cd View Post
Comer de Pollena

My Spanish is pretty poor but is this suggesting a tunnel be built between Pollensa and somewhere and that a tram service be established between pollensa, Cala and the port

Also is this just an idea or does it have any substance?
Lol, sorry for laughing CD, saw this and other things on FB, thought it was their fiesta!!!

On island time!!
Old 30-12-2014, 12:00
Super Moderator

Another interesting read from Mallorca Observed here :- Commemorating The Conquest Of Madînat Mayûrqaa | Mallorca Observed .
Old 08-01-2015, 13:44
Super Moderator

Read this in the Majorca Daily Bulletin.

Quote:
British expatriates face shock taxes on homes in Spain.

British owners of homes in Spain may be hit with retrospective tax bills if the authorities decide they paid too little for their property.
The Spanish government is re-examining the sale of tens of thousands of homes that have taken place over the last four years.
The Impuesto de Transmisiones Patrimoniales (ITP) is Spain’s equivalent of Stamp Duty, and applies only to the resale of houses: new-builds are exempt. It amounts to a percentage of the value of the house, which from region to region but averages around eight percent.
Now, though, the tax authorities are suspicious that some properties may deliberately have been sold at less than the going rate - and plan to recoup the tax they believe they have missed.
Old 09-01-2015, 16:24

Several owners in our community have already been charged an extra tax because of this.
Old 15-01-2015, 09:47

Default Volunteers for TV (dancing class) - MDB

Majorca Daily Bulletin (today's online edition)

Quote:
CHANCE FOR BRITISH OAPS TO STAR ON TV -

Jackie Codd of Age Concern Mallorca has received a request from Ian of Pickles Dancing Studio for those of you who would like to volunteer to be part of British TV Channel 5 filming of the fun series cum documentary of OAP’s Behaving Badly.

The camera team will be recording a BEGINNERS dancing class in Pickles Dance studio on Saturday 17 January at 4pm and he would like as many MATURE volunteers to come and join him.

If you are interested please contact me for more information on [see MDB-website] after 10a.m.
[Pickles Dancing Studio is in Palma Nova according to their website]