Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Miscellaneous (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/)
-   -   Massages for stressed people! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/miscellaneous/11318-massages-stressed-people.html)

LisaD London 03-06-2014 12:27

Massages for stressed people!

My friend and I have just returned to London after spending a lovely week in Puerto Pollensa (stayed at the Illa d'Or Hotel). Because I have to work in London, I was very stressed ... until I found Cristina, a qualified sports masseuse. The most wonderful massages, reasonably priced and Cristina was exactly what I needed. Cristina's "office" is overlooking the sea on Pine Walk (Sports massage sign outside and next to a shop called "39 degrees north", I think. If you've got any aches and/or pains and you're in PP, I highly recommend Cristina. If you read this, Cristina, thank you so much - my life saver. I wish you well and hope to see you again in September. Lisa.:)

Lorenzo 03-06-2014 13:56

Yes, Cristina is great and very knowledgeable too!
It's her Mum's Salon - her Mum is called Pilar and she is amazing as well for massages and beauty treatments too! :)

kate1 03-06-2014 17:31

That's a great recommendation, thank you. A bad massage can obviously do more harm than good so it's great to know that Cristina knows her stuff.

Baron de Lay 07-06-2014 00:58

You don't have to go looking for a massage in PP. There are some nice people who come to the beach asking if you'd like one! ;)

lollipop 07-06-2014 08:29

Hopefully not for much longer if they introduce the massage station as they are doing in other areas.

debz1 07-06-2014 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 95149)
Hopefully not for much longer if they introduce the massage station as they are doing in other areas.

I do hope this happens lollipop. While driving down through Spain last week we stopped in Sitges for the afternoon and there were massage stations on the beach there. Great idea :) I am getting beyond despair at being asked if I want 'massaaaaaageeeeee' every 5 minutes. The Costas need to sort this out as it's getting beyond a joke now :mad:

varsp 07-06-2014 10:39

They tend to come and ask just as you've drifted off to sleep, then it stresses you out that you've been disturbed, do you then need a massage to relax you? Then drift off to sleep again, only for another person waking you up to ask if you want a maaasssaaage! This happened to my O.H three times, at this point we left the beach !

Lorenzo 07-06-2014 10:41

Yes, these strolling 'massage' people are a real pest. :mad:
And the worst part is they have nowhere to even wash their hands after each customer......make me shudder! :eek:

debz1 07-06-2014 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorenzo (Post 95159)
Yes, these strolling 'massage' people are a real pest. :mad:
And the worst part is they have nowhere to even wash their hands after each customer......make me shudder! :eek:

OMG Mary it's vile!!! Also the rag they use to wipe sand off people is filthy:eek:

Belladonna 07-06-2014 13:24

One of our friends has now resorted to taking a sign with them to the beach saying NO MASSAGE THANK YOU. Has worked for the past two years! :)

evetsthompson 09-06-2014 21:29

These Massage people are now a real PITA, the frequency they come around is irritating and annoying. A few weeks ago we returned to PP, and in the space of 3 hours we were asked 12 times. The male attempted to touch my wife, saying ''massaaage, very good'' and he nearly ended up a eunuch. One of the women also had a young boy in tow, who kicked sand at people and other children. This pestering is really spoiling things for people - let's hope these booths get adopted!
Also reappearing on the beach are the ''looky looky men plying there wares of sunglasses, and other tat, who are disturbing people who just want to relax.

copper 16-06-2014 21:36

Looking forward to our trip to PP and we love the beach BUT the thought of these massage people pestering us and even more of them !!!!!

Can we complain anywhere about them ?? Really think the authorities should clamp down on them We will take a No Massage sign with us and see if that helps !

Sparky 16-06-2014 22:27

What they are doing is illegal, maybe you could take a photo of them and complain to the police.

pollensafan 17-06-2014 08:30

As I have said before, If the authorities were that bothered, the solution would be quite simple. Over a period of weeks you just put a few members of the constabulary disguised as holiday makers on the beach. When the massage people turn up, nick em ! Simples, and the beauty of it is, you will have planted the seed of doubt, EG- In future they will never know who they are approaching. The powers that be obviously don't think its a problem, but then its not them that gets pestered.
As Varsp said, Its always as you are nodding off and the one that really winds me up is the young man. He leans right over you. Its enough to give you a heart attack :eek:

Belladonna 17-06-2014 08:55

Get rid of them all except the Melon Man! ;)