Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree65Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-06-2014, 09:14

Exactly right ! Quite happy to hear Coco Melone !!!!

Will take some photos as suggested and ask for permit if they do bother me with our no massage sign !

Pollensafan is quite right easy problem to solve ! The two who stood by my sunbed on a mat I had down having a really big arguement got shouted at to clear off !

Heres to a peaceful time on the beach
Sponsored Links
Old 17-06-2014, 09:31
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
As I have said before, If the authorities were that bothered, the solution would be quite simple. Over a period of weeks you just put a few members of the constabulary disguised as holiday makers on the beach. When the massage people turn up, nick em ! Simples, and the beauty of it is, you will have planted the seed of doubt, EG- In future they will never know who they are approaching. The powers that be obviously don't think its a problem, but then its not them that gets pestered.
As Varsp said, Its always as you are nodding off and the one that really winds me up is the young man. He leans right over you. Its enough to give you a heart attack
I am playing devils advocate here but i wonder if the authorities do know it's as bad as it seems to be, after all, the locals don't tend to use the beach during the day so they are not affected. I don't think the police/council read this forum and i haven't seen anything on FB, so maybe it is time for those people who are being pestered by them to do as i suggested, take a photo of the offenders and report it to the police. This is the only way i can see to make sure that the authorities do know there is a big problem.
lollipop likes this.
Old 17-06-2014, 11:25

Hi Sparks, Possible I suppose. Re Taking their photos. They are so money orientated (no pun intended) They would probably want to charge you for that as well
Old 17-06-2014, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Get rid of them all except the Melon Man!
I'd sooner see a Melon Woman
Old 17-06-2014, 11:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Yes, Cristina is great and very knowledgeable too!
It's her Mum's Salon - her Mum is called Pilar and she is amazing as well for massages and beauty treatments too!
Think I'll book Pilar for a beauty treatment. Any one that can make me look beautiful would have to be a miracle worker never mind " Amazing "
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 20-06-2014, 19:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I am playing devils advocate here but i wonder if the authorities do know it's as bad as it seems to be, after all, the locals don't tend to use the beach during the day so they are not affected. I don't think the police/council read this forum and i haven't seen anything on FB, so maybe it is time for those people who are being pestered by them to do as i suggested, take a photo of the offenders and report it to the police. This is the only way i can see to make sure that the authorities do know there is a big problem.

Today as I was texting my daughter on the beach two 'Masaaaaageee' women came up to me. As I had my phone handy I said ' a photo for the police?' and aimed my camera at them. One looked totally confused but the other one posed for the picture!!!! She obviously didn't understand what I meant and thought I actually wanted a photo of them. Uh no thanks

My friend and I were pestered all afternoon...today has been as bad as I've ever known it. Not sure if it's because we were two females alone as our husbands were playing golf today. Literally every ten minutes someone was asking you if you wanted a flipping massaaaaggggeeeee

One man was particularly forceful in his approach and I saw him massaging a man's shoulders even though he was saying no and then trying to to touch his wife. He then sat on the sand next to them and the group they were with just being intimidating.

It really is getting beyond a joke now.
Old 20-06-2014, 19:16

Go on to the town hall website, request English and on the left is a link to post complaints. Post your picture and the details of these pests ,if they get enough complaints they'll do something.
debz1, Belladonna, Sparky and 3 others like this.
Old 20-06-2014, 23:21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
Go on to the town hall website, request English and on the left is a link to post complaints. Post your picture and the details of these pests ,if they get enough complaints they'll do something.
Here is the direct link :- Town Hall Pollença.
debz1, Belladonna, Lorenzo and 1 others like this.
Old 21-06-2014, 08:39

Thanks Sparky, have not worked out how to put links. will have to look .
Sparky likes this.

Last edited by lollipop; 23-06-2014 at 18:58.
Old 21-06-2014, 13:01
Banned

What does "population" on the form mean?
Old 21-06-2014, 15:02

I've sent my complaint in early, hope they've gone by time we get there. (I know its wishful thinking!)
Sparky likes this.
Old 23-06-2014, 17:36

This might be a case of they are listening to complaints !!!!

2 Policemen were by Tamerells Bar today and took the oils off one of the Chinese ladies and sent her off the beach !

There were a few around later but not nearly so many as the last few days Even the guys who do the beach beds said there were a lot more around this year than before They are brought up from Palma every day

Our No massage sign is working well !!
Sparky, Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 23-06-2014, 17:51

So glad it's working for you! Perhaps we can make some laminated ones and give them out as people walk onto the beach!!
Old 23-06-2014, 18:17

Very interesting! I was only asked once today and didn't see any others. Normally at least half a dozen of them constantly walking up and down.

Would be great news if the police were clamping down. Wish they'd take the dirty rags off them as well as the oil! Cannot understand why anyone would want to be wiped down with rag that's been used on god knows how many other people
Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 28-06-2014, 17:53

Yep, what a great week in the light of news that depressed me more than I can say, (see my El Ancla post). Saw one lady nicked and put in a car and the rest of the week you could count them on one hand, bliss. The odd few that still were around spent most of their time looking out for the police.
Sparky, Lorenzo, sunny and 1 others like this.