Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-03-2014, 00:44

Default 2014 visit

after the annual " shall we try somewhere else" discussion, duly booked for PP, hotel this year, deal with family was that we have to provide a bit more than just lazing about, so will pursue water ski / boat trip / kayak options, & make sure we do the tram / Soller jaunt this time.

Any suggestions re culture in Palma - arty, textiley etc - gratefully received

Oh, & we also have to go to Scotland for a few days as well, no hardship there, particularly if we can fit in a distillery visit, although the midges bite worse than the PP mozzies......
Mark, Sparky, MairiCladach and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-03-2014, 16:06

I don't think that there is ever anything wrong with having the annual "should we try somewhere else" discussion.

We've always been lucky enough to have holidays elsewhere too, and inevitably find ourselves comparing wherever we go with the Pollensa area.
Many a late-night discussion over an Amaretto at has come around to this very subject.

There are no-doubt other places that individually are more glamorous, upmarket, cultural, better beaches - You name it. But the area around Pollensa has a very rare and wonderful combination of everything.

It just somehow becomes addictive. I don't know how to explain it, but it has a magic that other places somehow fail to offer.

I suppose that the inevitable question is do you risk falling out of love by returning again and again?. There are so many places in the world, why keep going to one, when you could find better elsewhere?

People ask me if we get bored returning to the same place, (my wife has been coming to PP since she was a very young child, me for the last 14 years, and we try to spend around 3 weeks on the island per year) but I can honestly say that I have now taken to making notes on my computer of things that I have still yet to do.

The crazy thing is that the list keeps getting longer....

Apologies SMG for taking your post slightly off-topic, but I think that I am having Bread and Alioli withdrawal symptoms!
sws97sdg, Mark, anne10aber and 5 others like this.
Old 19-03-2014, 19:15

no apology needed......my justification usually comes down to the fact that if we go somewhere for a week only, we don't want to spend the first few days finding our way around. We get more than a week's worth of relaxation by knowing what to take, where to go, etc. We still have a 'must do' list too, and this year will really try to tick a few off.
Old 19-03-2014, 21:51

Default Love Mallorca

Over the years, we have travelled around the world and Puerto Pollensa is still our favourite place - draws us back year after year but then we do have vested interest having bought our own apartment, and have never regretted doing so. Our extended family would also be devastated if we decided to sell!
debz1, animagic21 and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 19-03-2014, 22:27
Founder

We were just discussing our "still do" list. it includes Miro studio, Es Baluard modern art gallery, jardins d'Alfabia & Dragonera island & I'm sure there are more!
MairiCladach likes this.
Old 19-03-2014, 23:30

When we have holidayed at other destinations, much as we enjoy it, we always ask ourselves, why have we come here, when we know P.P is just PERFECT for us ?
animagic21 likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 00:04

heh heh, Scottish flights booked, gonna be a good summer, with our various musical adventures n'all
Old 20-03-2014, 01:19

Thanks Pollensa, what a great idea to tell other about your "still to do list" Mine includes to drive up into the mountains to the restaurant near Lluch where you can swim in the pool that is fed by a mountain spring, brrrrrrr.
Millipet, on the one occasion that I just mentioned a possible selling and change of venue my family threatened to disown me! Thats why when people say how much is your apartment worth? i just say "it's worthless' Kids, who'd have them
Old 20-03-2014, 01:23

Oh I just remembered, go back to the vineyard, between Pollenca and Alcudia, for a wine tasting. Remember to go by taxi.
Old 20-03-2014, 06:42

You're right about apartment selling Watty! If we sell ours I think I will have to rent it myself if the kids come out and pretend its still ours!
Re your to do list for Es Guix - the restaurant with the pond - it is amazing, but I'm not sure if they have reopened the pond for bathing in now. It was closed down about two years ago, maybe a little longer - you know how time flies, so it may not have re opened for actual bathing. Worth a check first if this is a main reason for going, although the restaurant and views are well worth a visit anyway.
Old 20-03-2014, 09:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
We were just discussing our "still do" list. it includes Miro studio, Es Baluard modern art gallery, jardins d'Alfabia & Dragonera island & I'm sure there are more!
The Alfabia gardens are well worth a visit - so peaceful and 'other worldly'
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 20-03-2014, 10:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie34 View Post
The Alfabia gardens are well worth a visit - so peaceful and 'other worldly'
Agree, gardens are wonderful, well worth a visit

On island time!!
Old 07-04-2014, 11:21
Founder

Have just looked at the website for Jardines d'Alfabia & it seems that the Tren de Soller now has a stop there. May well be worth getting off there so long as you can get back on again afterwards.

My other 'to do' in Soller is Can Prunera, a Modernist Art Gallery - has anyone been? They've also just created a second Facebook page called "Fundació Tren de l'Art" - I think to bring together their art & the wonderful Miro works & Picasso ceramics at Soller station. AND it seems there is a Sculpture Park at Port de Soller.

There's a description here Sóller Cultural Tour of a coach trip but it gives you an idea of what you could visit - if like me you're into Art.
Sparky likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 22:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
My other 'to do' in Soller is Can Prunera, a Modernist Art Gallery -.............
here is a link: Can Prunera
for more info

And...here is more info on the Sculpture Park

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 07-04-2014 at 22:53.
Old 08-04-2014, 00:01

We are going to visit the new nudist beach !
El Gordo, Nick and nivram like this.