Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree74Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-10-2013, 16:33

Default End of season

Well, that's another great year coming to an end. As always PP has given me more pleasure than I can put into words. Great food, wonderful people and scenery that even after decades never fails to lift my spirits ( and the liquid ones )
To all you other PP addicts, I hope your time there was as enjoyable as mine if not better.
For my part my season starts again in February. Try it folks. No cars or beds on the beach. You can walk along the front and play spot the person. there is a tranquillity that has to be experienced to be believed. At night the air is filled with the pungent smell of the log fires, and more than enough restaurants open to keep you amused.
CathB, debz1, sws97sdg and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-10-2013, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensafan View Post
Well, that's another great year coming to an end. As always PP has given me more pleasure than I can put into words. Great food, wonderful people and scenery that even after decades never fails to lift my spirits ( and the liquid ones )
To all you other PP addicts, I hope your time there was as enjoyable as mine if not better.
For my part my season starts again in February. Try it folks. No cars or beds on the beach. You can walk along the front and play spot the person. there is a tranquillity that has to be experienced to be believed. At night the air is filled with the pungent smell of the log fires, and more than enough restaurants open to keep you amused.
Only one problem pollensafan........there are no flights available from Scotland as far as I am aware. We had flights booked with EJ and they cancelled on us
Old 24-10-2013, 18:38

We got back 2 weeks-ago from our final trip of the year ...had a wonderful 10 days...counting down now to the first trip for 2014...January and Sant Antoni
Sparky likes this.

Eating Out
Old 24-10-2013, 19:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Only one problem pollensafan........there are no flights available from Scotland as far as I am aware. We had flights booked with EJ and they cancelled on us
Its worth the travel south....we are out for January from Liverpool.
Sparky likes this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 24-10-2013, 19:34

Seriously thinking about it Gordon......been looking at flights tonight. They are not the cheapest though are they
El Gordo and Sparky like this.
Old 24-10-2013, 19:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdollabbi View Post
Seriously thinking about it Gordon......been looking at flights tonight. They are not the cheapest though are they
Yes I agree.

We had our flights for early March cancelled from Leeds B. Rebooking via Manchester cost us about 50% more.

But when you are the idle rich who cares!! its worth it.

My FlickR Photos
Old 24-10-2013, 19:44
Super Moderator

Although in a way it's always a bit sad when things start closing down i am also looking forward to it. I love winter here, the peace and quiet, people having time to stop and chat and of course as a lot of you know, come January i get so excited because we have my favourite fiesta..........Viva Sant Antoni .
El Gordo and lollipop like this.
Old 24-10-2013, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gordo View Post
Yes I agree.

We had our flights for early March cancelled from Leeds B. Rebooking via Manchester cost us about 50% more.

But when you are the idle rich who cares!! its worth it.
Ha ha! Unfortunately we are neither idle nor rich.............but it would still be worth it Would be back to the drawing board looking for accommodation again though
El Gordo likes this.
Old 24-10-2013, 21:03

Our November trips out are always our favourite. The whole island seems to breathe a sigh of relief as it relaxes back into itself. Love it to clear the mind before the hectic run up to Christmas! We have had a couple of really bad February visits weather wise, and now avoid that month totally, although I know it has been ok the past couple of years ~ we still wont chance it incase it we jinx it for other visitors!
El Gordo, eleanor and ragdollabbi like this.
Old 24-10-2013, 23:11
Super Moderator

Bella when was the last time you visited PP in February?, i ask only because since i moved here in 2008 i have to say that the weather in Feb is nowhere near as bad as it was in the SW of England.

For those who do decide to visit, February is Carnival month, each town have their's on different days but in PP it's usually in the middle of the month.
pollensafan and roig cat like this.
Old 25-10-2013, 08:14

Bella, I agree, avoid February.

The locals call it suicide month....
eleanor likes this.
Old 25-10-2013, 08:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Bella when was the last time you visited PP in February?, i ask only because since i moved here in 2008 i have to say that the weather in Feb is nowhere near as bad as it was in the SW of England.

For those who do decide to visit, February is Carnival month, each town have their's on different days but in PP it's usually in the middle of the month.
Sparky, I still wince when I think of our February visit in 2011. " should I take sun cream " said my other half.
"Don't be ridiculous " said I. Two hours after arrival I had sun burn, She still wont let me forget it
Out of 5 visits, we've only had one dodgy week

Last edited by pollensafan; 25-10-2013 at 08:17.
Old 25-10-2013, 09:21

Sparky, I think its because it takes SO long for the apartment to warm up after being left dormant for two or three months! The first time we went with my parents we had not had a/c heating installed and luckily I brought over heart shaped water bottles for everyone as a little joke for Valentines day. Never was a joke so much appreciated I can tell you! We huddled around the one radiator we rushed out to buy, and had a hot fan heater blowing into the bathrooms! Freezing!! But I also remember it being bright as we drove up to Valdemosa, then seeing the oranges on the trees there whilst it was snowing. Definitely beautiful, but just not comfortable in the apartment. We have since had the heating installed, and have been out again in February, but being spoilt with good central heating back home I think we maybe "softies" for taking the risk in February! Not really a problem for us as we love the other 11 months of the year anyway!
eleanor likes this.
Old 25-10-2013, 09:46

I have got to agree that February is the month that we avoid as it is just not comfortable and as Bella says takes a long time to heat a property.

I personally hate the damp which seems to get right into the body. Even on a lovely sunny warm day come late afternoon the damp just hits big time. We have central heating as well as other heating in the villa but by the time it heats through it is time to come home. Plus the cost is just so expensive. Property just doesn't seem to be insulated as it is in UK and to me I would rather have my home comforts during the winter but that's a personal choice.

Last edited by eleanor; 25-10-2013 at 09:47. Reason: typo
Old 25-10-2013, 10:30
Super Moderator

I see your points Bella and Eleanor, I suppose my home doesn't get cold as I am here all the time, I don't have central heating just electric rads and a gas fire and am happy to keep the inside temp at around 22c, maybe I am just a "hardie" .
Agree that electricity is not cheap here but I believe there are going to be some hefty increases in fuel bills in the UK soon .
eleanor likes this.