Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Janey
  • 2 Post By pollensa
  • 1 Post By Gommar Goffer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2013, 19:21

Default A North/South Divide in PP?

Someone I know through work took his family to PP for the first time earlier in the year, they stayed in a Villa in Siller. I’d shared much of my knowledge of the resort with him before they went and eagerly awaited their return so I could hear how much they’d enjoyed it [hopefully]. As someone who prefers to stay in the Tamarells beach area I was somewhat disappointed when he said that they didn’t go further than the bridge [at La Gola] because “the shops ran out”

They were only there for a week so I forgave him but it got me thinking and on reading the restaurant and bar reviews this year, i have come to the conclusion that those of us who stay south of La Gola are more likely to venture north whereas the opposite does not seem to be the case.

Am I correct? Afterall, the south has a lot to offer such as the best beach, best chicken at ‘Golden Lion’, best sports bar ‘Bon Dia’, best Paella at ‘El Ancla’].

Only MY opinion of course
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 19:36

Good point Polle,

On our first visit in 1981 we stayed at the Pollentia Hotel down the south end and never ventured further north than the marina.

On our return , when asked by friends if we liked the Pine Walk, the shameful response was "what Pine Walk ?", so I guess the opposite can be true.

We made up for it though as for our next few visits we practically lived in Katy's Bar.
Old 04-09-2013, 19:50

I'm not the only one who wasn't aware of the pine walk until the third visit then!! But I have always known about Hotel Llenaire so I must be forgiven?
Old 04-09-2013, 20:24

Agree with you completely Pretty Polle, our first two visits to PP were spent in the Pine Walk area and like your colleague we never went further than the bridge. We have now ventured south and stay in that area but we do often go North to the Pine Walk area. Also agree with your comments about El Ancla and best paella and of course the beach is just amazing.
clinkham likes this.
Old 09-09-2013, 13:10

We have a family that we're friendly with, who have been coming to the port for years - and never been south of the roundabout!

... Still, they're obviously having a good time and aren't doing anyone any harm, so good luck to them.
Old 09-09-2013, 14:51
Founder

And I've heard of people who have stayed near the front (not sure of North or South), loved the beach and didn't know about the square and the market!

So come on everybody - have a good walk about.

And I'm ashamed to say that we still haven't yet walked around the nature area by the Gola.
animagic21 and Nick like this.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:27

Me neither Zelda - hope to make amends next week!
pollensa likes this.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollensa View Post
And I've heard of people who have stayed near the front (not sure of North or South), loved the beach and didn't know about the square and the market!

So come on everybody - have a good walk about.

And I'm ashamed to say that we still haven't yet walked around the nature area by the Gola.
I think that the first time that we stayed (around 2000), we didn't find the square until well into the second week of our holiday, as our walks had tended to naturally trend towards the sea.

My wife had come to PP since a child, and always remembered eating along the Pine Walk, never elsewhere!

Likewise, despite many visits, I was never sure quite where Stay was until around 5 years ago.
Old 10-09-2013, 21:30

Gola walk is well worth it, generally quiet, interesting birds