Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree18Likes
  • 12 Post By CHUG
  • 1 Post By mike_dublin
  • 1 Post By cumberland8
  • 2 Post By CHUG
  • 1 Post By Jonsey
  • 1 Post By Rosie34

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-06-2013, 16:54

Default 4 Day Trip Report

Thursday June 13th

Popped over for a four day break with my 14 year old son and his mate for a spot of sun , swimming and cycling.

Arrived at PP 10:30 am after a v early start , unpacked and straight into the pool for a dip.

Re-awakened we headed to Stay for lunch..unbeatable location and great value lunch menu ...3 X Fillets of abadejo , fries and salad , with bread rolls , a few drinks and chocs with the bill.

A bit too hot for a long ride and a little jaded from the early start , so just span up to the mirador above the port and flew down the descent down to Formentor. Put the bikes on the ferry for the return back to Stay jetty.

Fancied Pizzas for tea so tried Casa Vila for the first time , 2 x vegetarianas and 1 tropical...really good pizza , nice thin crispy base, plenty of toppings. Ice creams from Valls for pud followed by a stroll around the marina then up to the Hideaway for a few drinks whilst John Lynam strummed away.

Friday:- Up early for a ride before the heat builds up too much...through the lanes to Coves de Campanet for a coffee then on to Camairi and up Selva Gorge to LLuc. Pa’amboli and a few refrescos at the cafe there followed by the lovely descent back to Pollensa for a swim.

Dinner at Tolos ..Paella Marisco para tres..delish ! On to Valls for ice cream then to Daina for cocktails ..the boys love the sanfransiscos there , whilst Mariano strummed away.

Saturday:-95k flat ride today:- through the lanes to Alcudia, Sa Pobla , LLubi , Costix and settled at the Sineu bikers cafe for a refresco and the usual gratis plate of sliced naranjas, on to Muro and back home for a dip followed by lunch at Golden Lion ,3 x chicken sandwich chips and salad.

More swimming to get an appetite for steak night at Nostalgia, juicy and chargrilled, followed by ices at Valls for pud again I’m afraid. Evening drinks at Panorama ..entertainment provided by Elvis .

Sunday :-Local ride around the lanes finishing at Old town for a stroll around the market and up the steps etc etc.Back to the port for lunch at Can Josep , baguettes and chips and booked a table for evening dinner. After lunch ride up to the tower at the top of the mirador above Formentor to take in the views.

Dinner at Can Josep ..bread , olives, alioli and ham followed by 1 sea Bass , 1 pork loin in mush sauce and 1 veg ravioli ,followed by 3 x couland de chocolates and coffees...wonderful food. Cocktails at Panorama whilst John Lynam strummed away.

Monday...packed and departed , can’t wait for summer hols ..out for 4 and half weeks .

Must have picked one of the best weekends of the summer so far to pop over , didn’t see a cloud the whole time, temps around 30 to 35 degrees . The worst part now is that this is the first year that my 14 year old is beating me on the bike climbs , as I get older and stiffer , he’s getting stronger and more flexible !
pollensa, sws97sdg, Mark and 9 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-06-2013, 17:00
Super Moderator

Wow!!! great trip report CHUG thanks for posting, you certainly packed a lot into 4 days .
Old 18-06-2013, 18:38

Lovely review. Thanks for sharing. Guess you're partial to the ice cream ;-)
Sparky likes this.
Old 18-06-2013, 19:56

Wow Mr Chug I admire your athleticism & nutritional intake,I used to spend everyday of my hols running up the mountains , cycling & of course football at Stadio Estaban now I've slowed up a bit due to old age but I loved reading your report .
Cant wait for your summer report, if you see an old fat git with a ginger wig, cracked false teeth that glow green in the dark on a super fast racer sweating a wee bit give me a nod.
Oh! & keep off that bloody ice cream.
Sparky likes this.
Old 19-06-2013, 08:32

Thanks guys , yep , we do like to keep going , trouble is if I sit down in the afternoon I just fall asleep. Ooh yeah , just remembered , we also fitted in karting at Can Picafort on Friday afternoon.

At 1.8 euros a scoop , the ice creams are the best value dessert you can have , and sitting on a bench on the marina outside La Llonja the view's not bad either ! Homemade and great range of flavours.

Cumberland...will look out for you , but may struggle to pick you out...do you have any distinguishing features at all ??
LK1960 and Sparky like this.
Old 19-06-2013, 08:41

Great report! Can't believe it was only 4 days - you made it sound like a whole lot more! I'm over in a couple of days, can't wait to get on my pre-booked racer
Sparky likes this.
Old 19-06-2013, 13:41

Wow - I'm exhausted just reading about your 4 days
Sparky likes this.
Old 20-06-2013, 12:36

sounds perfect ...5 weeks to go for me then 2 weeks of early morning rides