Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28-05-2011, 09:18

Default Married in Pollensa?

Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to get married in the Calvary Chapel in Pollensa?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 29-05-2011, 18:20

Yes it is I attended a wedding there four years ago, I would speak to the priest in the Church in the main square of Pollensa old town, he should be able to help, if not then try the English priest in the church in Puerto Pollensa.
Old 29-05-2011, 19:39

Thank you! We are attending a wedding at the church in the main square in pollens this years we will ask the priest there. Only one of us is Catholic, do you know if that will cause a problem? Thanks!
Old 30-05-2011, 07:58

I think you will have to get married in a civil ceremony in the UK first if that is where you live and then have a service here in Mallorca. If you live here then that is different and I am sure only one of you being catholic should not be an issue but you would be best to check.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:00

Default get married in the Calvary Chapel in Pollensa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by livandmatt View Post
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to get married in the Calvary Chapel in Pollensa?

Thanks...
Hi,

Just joined this forum. Did anyone come back to you about getting married in Calvary Church in Pollensa? I recently asked my now fiance to marry me and we're really keen on the idea of getting Married in Majorca and have our hearts set on Pollensa.

If you could let me know if you have any more information that would help us that would be a massive help. We're still in the discovery phase and are looking like end of Summer'14. We're both from Glasgow, Scotland.

Any info would be really appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michael McCue
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15
Super Moderator

Hi Mike and welcome to the forum.

I don't know about the Calvary Church but it is possible to have a wedding blessing (i don't think you can actually marry in Spain) in the Puerto Pollensa church. Are you looking for a Catholic or Anglican service?, if it's Anglican follow the link below for information and contact details .

Anglican Church Mallorca
Old 07-05-2013, 12:17

Hi, i recently got engaged to my long-term girlfriend - we have our hearts set on getting married abroad and have both fell in love in Pollensa/Puerto Pollensa.

Both being from Glasgow we see no point in getting married locally as the weather is so unpredictable in Scotland.

Having a read through some posts it looks like we need to get legally married in the UK then can have a ceremony in Majorca once we have our certificates etc. I'm interested in finding out about Calvery Church at the top of the Spanish Steps:

- Is it possible to hire the church out for the ceremony?
- Who do we speak to about this?
- How much will it cost?
- How many will it seat (it will be a small ceremony - no more than 25 guests)
- Anything else you feel is relevant information.

We're visiting in August for 5 nights, staying in the Eolo in Puerto Pollensa so ideally would like something set up to meet and discuss this one day whilst on holiday.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michael
Old 07-05-2013, 12:18

There's also some info about getting married in the threads below -
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ns-2012-a.html
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-pollensa.html
Old 07-05-2013, 12:28
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybhoy View Post
Hi, i recently got engaged to my long-term girlfriend - we have our hearts set on getting married abroad and have both fell in love in Pollensa/Puerto Pollensa.

Both being from Glasgow we see no point in getting married locally as the weather is so unpredictable in Scotland.

Having a read through some posts it looks like we need to get legally married in the UK then can have a ceremony in Majorca once we have our certificates etc. I'm interested in finding out about Calvery Church at the top of the Spanish Steps:

- Is it possible to hire the church out for the ceremony?
- Who do we speak to about this?
- How much will it cost?
- How many will it seat (it will be a small ceremony - no more than 25 guests)
- Anything else you feel is relevant information.

We're visiting in August for 5 nights, staying in the Eolo in Puerto Pollensa so ideally would like something set up to meet and discuss this one day whilst on holiday.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Michael
Mike, as you have already asked on this thread i have moved this post here because it gets very confusing and you have replies being duplicated .
Old 07-05-2013, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Mike, as you have already asked on this thread i have moved this post here because it gets very confusing and you have replies being duplicated .
understood thanks Sparky! It would be a catholic service we'd be looking for. We're happy to simply get married in Scotland, something low key then having a service in Spain if thats possible.

Thanks also mike_dublin! I'll check out the links and let you know if you have any questions. My fiance is Michelle McKell, i believe Michelle has also joined the forum today (and FB page)!

Speak soon,
Michael
Old 07-05-2013, 13:59

Hi Mikeybhoy.
We renewed our wedding vows in the Calvery Chapel a couple of years ago. My wife arranged this vis e-mail with Mel Smith who was the vicar at the Big Church in Puerto Pollensa at the time. (I understand he has now returned to UK). He mentioned at the time that the Calvery Chapel is 'shared' between Catholic and Anglican faiths for such services. (Neither of us is Catholic). But we didnt have a problem and everyone was very helpful. From memory once we had agreed on everything, we sent a cheque payable to the church; to Mel, and then made contact with him again once we arrive in PP. Cost us around £300 for sole use of the Chapel. We only had a small service, just us and 3 kids.
Old 07-05-2013, 14:39

Hi Dunk, I'm Mikey's other half thank you for your reply. I have emailed anglicanpollenca@gmail.com asking for details on a wedding blessing in Calvary Church, I found it online when searching for Churches in Pollensa and I'm not sure which one it is so not sure how helpful they can be! How did you go about arranging a date, we are in Pt. Pollensa in August and can hopefully meet up with someone then, when does the fee have to be paid? Also, we're not having a reception as such, rather a nice meal and thinking of Can Cuarassa or Stay, would either of them be happy to take a booking for around 18 people and arrange tables with candles/flowers if we provided them? Thanks again for the help everyone.
Old 07-05-2013, 15:00
Super Moderator

Welcome Michelle, Can Cuarassa often hold large wedding receptions for locals so i am sure they would be able to accommodate you and your party .
Old 07-05-2013, 17:29
Founder

I've also been at Stay when a family event was being held - they use room dividers to enclose a separate area. So I'm sure that both Can Cuarassa or Stay would be pleased to accommodate you. Do report back & let us know how you get on. This is a popular topic!
Old 08-05-2013, 08:41

Hello MichelleM.
Will ask my wife to try and locate the e-mail address we used to make initial contact. I think its the one youve mentioned. The vicar at the time (Mel)responded directly to our query with his e-mail address, so we mailed him back directly. We did most of the arrangements by e-mail.(music, what we required from service etc etc) We gave him some idea of dates we required and he checked the avaliability of the church for us. Once we had the date sorted he booked the chapel and asked for a cheque payable to the church and gave us an address to post this too. This was to secure the chapel. He confirmed receipt/clearing of the cheque and confirmed the booking. (dont think he had the facility for a bank transfer at the time). They seemed relaxed about the fee, but explained the chapel booking was only provisional until payment received. Everything was very smooth. We then phoned him when we arrived in PP on the week of the blessing, which was October time to finalise everything.
We did a trial run upto the church as we had never driven up to it before and my wife didnt fancy the steps in Heels and a dress!!.
We met up at the Chapel on the day and seemed to gather a bit of crowd during the service. Mel gave the kids a tour of the anti rooms in the chapel and explained more about its history, in particular the alter carving - which I understand is unique. But everuyone involved with the church was really helpful and it was quite easy to arrange once we had made initial contact. Afterwards we went for a meal, but there was only the 2 of us and 3 kids so this wasnt such an issue.