Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous Use this area ONLY if you can't find a suitable home for your topic. We'll create a new area if necessary and reserve the right to move topics to more suitable areas. Only post regarding the Pollensa area. This is not a forum for general discussion.

Like Tree21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-2013, 17:53

Default Ideas for when the weather is not at it's best

It seems the weather is not going to be at it's best towards the end of this week, so this has got me thinking about things to do at these times when having a lazy day in the sun is just not possible.

A bit of cold won't stop us wrapping up warm and going for a nice walk, but the rain makes me want to find alternative and dare I say it, indoor activities.

What do you do?
Sponsored Links
Old 22-04-2013, 18:07

Typical isn't it

couple of questions.

Have you got a car?

Have you got sat_nav ?
mearsy likes this.
Old 22-04-2013, 18:18

good idea is to try the caves just 15 mins down the road and well worth the visit also nice cafe for a coffee after
whaleywanderer and mearsy like this.
Old 22-04-2013, 20:04

Have car, have satnav, will travel.

We have done various routes before, but didn't realise there were caves nearby. Maybe we could get some picnic type food and take a nice drive somewhere.
Old 22-04-2013, 20:45

Smile

We usually head down to the other end of the island as have found the weather can differ there. If not, then a day in Palma looking around the sights and shopping always works no matter the weather!
mearsy likes this.

Last edited by eleanor; 22-04-2013 at 22:06. Reason: Typo
Old 22-04-2013, 21:02

Never been to the caves even though they are so close so we must do that sometime.

If the weather is not too bad a drive to Randa monastery is a good day out.

The easy way is to go on the motorway, the fun way is to set the sat_nav to avoid motorways and go cross country on the quiet roads

From Sa pobla onwards there are some interesting little towns and villages on the way, we got lost even with tom_tom, going round and round a little town somewhere with streets just as confusing as pollensa old town. (one wrong turn and it's like a maze......)

Not sure where this picture was taken but we got lost shortly afterwards, all part of the fun. ( why did I turn right just because the tom_tom lady said so)

A thread by El Gordo about a trip to Randa.
( we never did stop at the restaurant Gordon mentions as we ran out of time that day as we walked for hours on beaches in the cold and occasional showers)
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...eb-2009-a.html

From Randa it is not far to drive to the beaches of Playa es Trenc https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pl...w=1366&bih=638 and Ses covetes https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=se...ih=638#imgrc=_

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Play...rench&t=h&z=15

If it is wet and dull and early in the season it wont be busy.
Play Trenc is nudist in some areas apparently,could be interesting although it was winter when we went.

Work your way back towards Petra and find that restaurant the Gordon mentions in the other thread linked to above then back home to the villa for a well earned rest.

Makes a change from shopping
mearsy likes this.

Last edited by Mark; 22-04-2013 at 21:12.
Old 22-04-2013, 21:39
Banned

As Eleanor says, we've driven down to the south before when PP has had bad weather, no more than an hour really, to find it totally different. Palma would also be a very good option. Beautiful city and plenty of cafes, shops etc. to dodge those showers!
mearsy likes this.
Old 22-04-2013, 21:48

Some great suggestions coming through.

I remember going to Es Trenc for the day when we stayed in Deia for our honeymoon and yes, we found out there and then that some of it was nudist. If you've got it, flaunt it as they say!

We normally do a day in Palma too, so may just bring that forward. We were watching the weather map ealier and the rain clouds going over Mallorca for thursday. There was a moment of excitement as it seemed to clear, but not before returning. I don't have a raincoat that isn't a full on insulated winter coat, so I hope a fleece will do!

Mark we always enjoy getting lost too, it does indeed add to the fun.
Old 22-04-2013, 21:54

A nice trip out is to visit the wonderful Monastery at Lluc up amongst the Tramuntana mountains and then drive back via the Inca direction and call at the excellent caves (at Campanet). You could then head towards Alcudia prior to the pleasant drive around the Bay of Pollensa on the way back to PP.
If weather not too bad there is a good picnic area at Lluc, if weather not too good there are several restaurants (and a café) for lunch, both in and very close to the Monastery buildings.
mearsy likes this.
Old 22-04-2013, 22:21

La Granja and Valldemossa both near to each other and make a great day out. In fact you can easily fill the day out just at La Granja eating the free doughnuts and tasting the wine!
lollipop and mearsy like this.
Old 23-04-2013, 07:42

Today at 11.30 am Bar Cultural whatever the weather LOL
Sparky, lollipop and mearsy like this.
Old 23-04-2013, 08:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Work your way back towards Petra and find that restaurant the Gordon mentions in the other thread linked to above then back home to the villa for a well earned rest.
If you do find yourself in Petra, you can visit the birthplace of Juniperra Serra and the tiny museum on him. He's the guy who set up most of the missions in California.
mearsy likes this.
Old 23-04-2013, 08:33

Another place I like to visit when days are not so good is the glass factory and only a few miles out too.

It is lovely to watch the storms over the Bay and the mountains. Each time of looking it seems to change it's appearance. In a bad storm though it can be a little scary to be outside so a nice glass of something sitting by a window waiting for it to pass is just great!
debz1, kate1 and mearsy like this.
Old 24-04-2013, 21:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
Today at 11.30 am Bar Cultural whatever the weather LOL
Yes, I missed you all yesterday as we didn't arrive until the afternoon. I have now remembered why I get distracted on the tuesday and forget aswell. It's market day in Alcudia and we always end up there.

So today when the weather clouded over properly we went for a drive and came back to PP via the beach road from Alcudia. We had to find somewhere to park because the kite surfers were just too good to drive on by. There were loads of them and I was convinced they would end up in a huge tangle but they didn't. It was very entertaining though.
Old 26-04-2013, 09:29

You could try the museum in Pollensa, never been myself, but it is open on Saturday, details below

Dissabte 27 d'abril JORNADA DE PORTES OBERTES al Museu de Pollença.
Horari de 10.00 a 13.00 h.
mearsy likes this.

On island time!!