Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Like Tree325Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 20:01

Well hello Dolly! Welcome. I'm new to this too. X
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 21:52

Welcome to the forum Dolly
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-02-2012, 21:58
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolly25 View Post
Just would like to say a big hello to everyone and that im new to the forum xx
Hi and welcome to the forum Dolly .
Old 09-02-2012, 03:27

Well hello Dolly, It's so nice to have you back where you belong
Welcome to the forum Dolly. Looking forward to read your posts!
El Gordo likes this.
Old 19-03-2012, 16:28

Cool Hello - Should we choose Puerto Pollensa this year!!

Hi seriously been considering PP this year, but after seeing how many places seem to be closing and the work being done, I'm now not so sure. It sounds like everyhing is run down? Is this a true picture. Had my heart set on coming but don't know what to do.

It also sounds quite expensive there too, what are the supermarket prices like. We would hirer a apartment and eat out some nights. But with 3 children and 2 of them teens with us, we know they never stop eating and drinking. Have considered All inclusive but again the reviews on those hotel with AI don't sound too good.

Have 2 places availabe at the moment that we like the look of. One is called Ancore which I beleive is on Tamarells Beach, and the other is Emma which is near the marina. Anyone know of these and which of the 2 ears are better. My sons is celebrating his 18th birthday whilst we there and would like to go out at night with his girlfriend!!

Sorry if sound bit negative about PP, but previously everything I'd read looked so positive and now really not sure. But in my heart I still want to come.
Old 19-03-2012, 16:59
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Jazzajac, don't worry there are more places re-opening than there are closing . You will be spoilt for choice .
Old 19-03-2012, 17:29
Banned

Please don't be put off. Wherever you go in this day and age there will be the odd closed premises. In fact, I bet that PP would be right at the bottom of the list for closed up/run down premises.
And, as stated, there are others opening up all the time.

PP is a fantastic place to holiday. Something for everyone, even your teenager. Great places to eat for EVERY budget so don't worry there. If you want to self cater there are 3 supermarkets in the town and many other smaller shops selling every food item you could wish for.

Forget all inclusive. I know it has its place but it's not appropriate in my opinion for PP with such excellent and varied eateries for all tastes/budgets. Plus, you can eat somewhere different every night instead of eating food that's been sat under hotlamps and picked over by 20 people before you !!! Not to mention the "quality".

Re your point about work being done. Let me assure you that it is minimal and anything major is not allowed by law in the tourist season. Also, building work is a sign that an area is up-and-coming and being looked after. The local council seem to be continually improving PP. Renovated town square last year, bypass a couple of years ago, new lights this year, extra cleaning, a new "tapas route" etc.

I'd get that hol booked before there's no places left !!!!

P.S. - I have no knowledge of the 2 places you're asking about but I bet you anything that someone from this fantastic forum will be able to help you !!
Sparky, lollipop and cumberland8 like this.

Last edited by Nick; 19-03-2012 at 18:36.
Old 19-03-2012, 18:19

PP is a great place for a holiday Im sure you wont be disappointed if you come

We first went there over 30 years ago and go away and give it a break and keep coming back Friends booked a week last year and have booked 2 for this year and they say they never go back anywhere twice !!

There is less places shut than other areas and everything that is done is an improvement It has eating places to suit all budgets We are for the first time staying in the Ancora apartments this year and I think it has the best situation as it has the best and widest part of the beach there Dont know the other apartments you mention A small road leads from the Ancora to the Pollensa Park Hotel and there are a few small supermarkets there and quite cheap bars that have entertainment At the end of that road ( only a few mins from the beach ) is a Restaurant called the Golden Lion and I know that is good value and good portions ( Reviews have been on here for it ) and some others as well that are reasonable There is even a Burger King to keep your teenagers happy ! There is an Eroski supermarket in the town centre which is porbably the cheapest Im sure others will have more ideas

There are some very good expensive restaurants and very good reasonably priced restaurants as well so I really think it appeals to all tastes
Sparky, lollipop, Rosie34 and 1 others like this.
Old 20-03-2012, 15:11

Hi, I've been coming to Cala San Vicente since I was a five. When we had our own kids we started coming back, now we've bought a farmhouse near Pollenca, so this is our first year that we can come for the whole summer. We're coming out for two weeks at Easter. Really looking forward to being able to spend more time in somewhere so beautiful.
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 20-03-2012, 15:32
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum Lafont, do come along to the forum meet-up @ Circulo Cultural in the PP square on one of the Tuesdays @ 11:30m, it would be lovely to meet you .
Old 20-03-2012, 21:53

Hi there I am Caroline from Glasgow. Have been to PP two years ago with my girls sisters and mother in a villa. Loved PP and like another newbie I tried somewhere else last year, Alvor in algarve which was beautiful but the town was not a patch on Pp. I never go anywhere twice ..however if it works for the family which PP did then its crazy not to go back. So we are back again in July in apts and can't wait as we will get so much more out of the hol this time and this wonderful forum helps in so many ways. Cheers to all the experts in PP
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Old 20-03-2012, 22:32
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome Caroline, so glad you are coming back to PP again and hope you make it to a forum meet-up while you're here in July .
Caro21 likes this.
Old 21-03-2012, 19:42

hello everybody, this is all new to us on this forum thing , but hope it will prove very usefull. we are coming back to pp mid april after a 3 year break, we had been over 2.or 3 times a year since 1986. nice to read about old friends paco, joe and of course sergio, cant wait.
Old 21-03-2012, 19:54
Super Moderator

Hi and welcome, i am sure you will find the forum very useful .
Old 21-03-2012, 20:07

Hi

Michelle here - another new member. Been visiting the area for over 15 years and finally bought an apartment 2 years ago. Promised Sparky I'd join when we met in Nostalgia at New Year and just got around to it! Feel like I know you all as I've been watching the forum for ages! Coming out with the family on 29th for a couple of weeks and may meet some of you then.
Sparky likes this.