Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Members Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/)
-   -   We're coming back! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/14269-were-coming-back.html)

JH02JLH 21-06-2019 16:15

We're coming back!

It has been a long, long time, but we have booked as a family to stay in Pollensa in September, only 11 years after we last visited! Hubby is desperate to sit in the square and look up at the Puig de Maria while enjoying a beer or two!

We realise that things may have changed since we were last in the area, back in 2008 and we're keen to explore new restaurants and bars. Back then we had children, now we have two adults with us - 19 and 23! Where have the years gone!

No doubt I'll be hanging out on here between now and when we go and hoping for some ideas on where to eat!

:D

PP76 21-06-2019 16:20

Welcome back, your posts were always entertaining and informative😀

JH02JLH 21-06-2019 16:26

Thank you!:)

Oops! I think I may have to edit my signature...the Tapas Bar is no more. :(

mike_dublin 21-06-2019 17:44

Enjoy your journey back to PP and have a magnificent time.
Looking forward to your trip report.

Brooksy 21-06-2019 19:03

Welcome back, missed your posts.

Sharonh 21-06-2019 19:34

I have missed your input to the forum too Jane. I think you will have a brilliant time. Lots of new places to try but the essentials of what makes Pollensa and Puerto Pollensa special are still there!

min2pers 21-06-2019 19:35

Great to see you back!

Cheers Pers.

JH02JLH 21-06-2019 20:00

We're hoping to have some lovely meals and delicious wines. I have missed Mallorcan wines! It would be great to write about them when I get home, as I used to do...it was like re-living the times all over again!:p

sleepyboaby 21-06-2019 23:33

Jayne, How are you!!!! It has been a long time.Great to hear the draw of Pollensa has brought you back.We as a family are still going ( year 17 ) You will see a few changes but in general the place is just the same.One of your favourites O Lume is no more but there are plenty of good places to go.The front of the Port is all pedestrianised also since the last time you have been and I am sure you shall enjoy your holiday.The days of the tapas bar takes me back but sadly no more Jiggy Snowy Robjay Peru and a few more others are not about.Enjoy your holiday and I hope I get to read your reviews

JH02JLH 22-06-2019 08:07

Thank you for the lovely welcomes! We're all looking forward so much to coming back. We have some really lovely memories of our holidays in PP - we've been taking the children since they were babies.

Shocked to hear O Lume is no more...:(

KWUK2 22-06-2019 14:11

#10 << we've been taking the children since they were babies >>

And it might not be long before you'll be visiting PP with your babies' babies. That's where we're at - three generations all in PP together :-)

Jimbo the Jambo 23-06-2019 13:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by JH02JLH (Post 127097)
Thank you!:)

Oops! I think I may have to edit my signature...the Tapas Bar is no more. :(

Hi Jane,

Great to see you back on here. Have a great holiday. My wife and I were out in May and really enjoyed the cooler weather.

Cheers,

Jimbo

Timberman 23-06-2019 16:03

Hi Jane
We’re still visiting too, 18 years now. This year we are out for two weeks, a week with our daughter and our two grandchildren at the end of August and staying for a quiet week beginning of September.
Nice to see you back!

Disorderly 23-06-2019 17:20

We first came in 1994 with our two young sons. We will all be out again for our 25th consecutive year, this time with three generations attending. Been to lots of other places but never found anything better, so threw in the towel and bought a place here. We’re very lucky, and are now able to spend much more time in PP. All months are different and there’s something to like in all 12 of them.

anne10aber 28-07-2019 20:39

We also can't stay away. First visit was 2001 as a family of 4. Only missed one year since then. Have introduced as children 4 youngsters who are now adults and visit regularly and 3 adults who love it as much as we do. I remember your post Jane always great info. You will enjoy your visit x