Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By CharlieV
  • 2 Post By Harters
  • 1 Post By debz1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23-05-2016, 17:23

Default Hi out 28th may 2 weeks recommendations pls

Hi all we last went to pp 2011 (I'm pleased to see this website again!), we're going back this sat 28th may for 2 weeks. But with our 18momth old. Any baby friendly recommendations? Or events on?
We are real foodies where are the best restaurants (we have car hire if anyone can recommend a particularly good place?)
Thanks you. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old 23-05-2016, 17:46

I think you will be spoilt for choice. I don't think I have ever been in a restaurant in Puerto Pollensa that isn't child friendly.

El Posito, Bar Coral and Cellar La Para - traditional mallorquin
Centric - Modern international
La Celtika - French. Tasting menu with wine.

There are so many to explore and enjoy!
Old 23-05-2016, 19:48

Default Thanks

Thanks jjacks yes I remember it to being very friendly and we enjoyed the food. I'll look these up thanks.
Any events on?/dancing etc?
Old 23-05-2016, 19:53
Super Moderator

Hi Austinbots do have a read of the threads in this section of the forum :- Bars & Restaurants in Pollensa, Majorca - Pollensa Forum, lots of recommendations .
Old 23-05-2016, 22:41

Hi Austinbots and welcome to the forum. I would say staff at Tiberi (just off the square in PP) are particularly good with children, and the food is nice too ! As you have a car, I'd suggest C'an Josep, just out of the centre, on the beach front and definitely an evening in Pollensa old town is a must ! We arrive on Sunday - happy holidays !
Bekki likes this.
Old 25-05-2016, 10:12

La Cabana, on the front, near Simbads, very good freshly cooked tapas, their patatas bravas is particularly nice, really good food and friendly staff, would recommend booking for the evening though.
Old 25-05-2016, 15:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinbots View Post
We are real foodies where are the best restaurants
Lisa
Hi Lisa

Jardin in Port d'Alcudia is Michelin starred (1 star). Cutting edge "Modern Mallorcan" cuisine. I predicted it would gain a star a good 12 months before it did. A really exciting place for any foody. The chef, Macarena de Castro, is a lovely woman who just wants folk to enjoy her food and have a nice evening. I wish it would relocate to northwest England, so I could go regularly.

My latest fingers-crossed prediction is Restaurant 365 at the Hotel Son Brull, just on the outskirts of Pollensa town. The cooking, to my mind, is streets ahead of anywhere else in the Pollensa/Port de Pollensa area and a very worthy candidate for Michelin stardom

Three other local places are listed in the Michelin Guide. Not starred but good quality. Clivia in Pollensa. And Ca'n Cuarassa and Stay in the Port. Noting that you'll have the baby with you, these are less formal than the other two and may suit better for your trip - although if you're used to high end dining with the baby, I'd really urge you to try Jardin & 365.

As for other places in the area, check out the restaurant review section of the forum and see what folk have written about places. It's a good read for any foody to find the good, the bad and the ugly.

As I'm sure you'll appreciate, recommendations are a really difficult area - I don't know what you like and you don't know what I like. So please take my comments with a pinch of salt.

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...ne-2015-a.html

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...son-brull.html

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...68-clivia.html

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-cuarassa.html

http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...2766-stay.html

Happy eating

John
Belladonna and Molt de Renou like this.

Last edited by Harters; 25-05-2016 at 15:51.
Old 25-05-2016, 17:02

Brilliant thank you all for the recommendations these are great just what I'm adter. Yes I saw 365 on TV programme.
Old 03-06-2016, 16:54

Hi all having a lovely time here. Thank you for the recommendations we have been to a few of the suggestions in pp.
Last night we went to 365 son brull. What a fantastic setting! Lovely and they really enjoyed having seren (18month old) trying the food as well!

We are considering buying a villa here. We are staying in siller area.we like it very quiet and peaceful but could have access to pp walking. Again any recommendations where we should consider would be appreciated.
Old 16-04-2017, 17:22

Hi all
Back again 13th may. Will be going back to son Bull restaurant. Any new restaurant recommendations thank you
Lisa
Old 16-04-2017, 17:54

I would definitely recommend all those already mentioned especially Stay which is both child friendly, in a beautiful setting and great food. Just back from a fabulous Easter Sunday lunch there.

If you don't mind a drive would also say Mare Nostrum in Sa Pobla is very special. 7 course tasting menu for 29euros. Run by a couple who have converted the downstairs of their house into a beautiful restaurant. 6 of us went last night and it was superb. Kris the owner and her partner who is the chef make it very special indeed, and the food is just WOW! We ate inside last night but in the warmer months you eat in the interior open courtyard. Read the reviews on Trip Advisor. It's amazing but you need to book about a month in advance as it's very popular!
Lorenzo likes this.