Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Members Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/)
-   -   pp withdrawal syndrome (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/members-area/11210-pp-withdrawal-syndrome.html)

scouse mark 24-04-2014 23:18

pp withdrawal syndrome

Dont think I can take much more of this waiting, 85 more get ups, my glass is filling up slowly, think I need help lol.

kate1 25-04-2014 14:48

I know Mark! I have it too - only came back on Monday and am already counting the weeks (until October!) - it's a bit tragic, isn't it?

ragdollabbi 25-04-2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by kate1 (Post 93915)
I know Mark! I have it too - only came back on Monday and am already counting the weeks (until October!) - it's a bit tragic, isn't it?

Exactly same here....back on Monday and not out again until October 11:(:( I don't even want to count the weeks as it will be too many;)

Gp1602 25-04-2014 17:32

I know how you feel Mark. We have 91 sleeps to go and I can't wait! I love reading the posts on here though. My kids think I am mad reading about PP when I miss it but it's the only way I cope :)

scouse mark 25-04-2014 18:56

I think its great

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gp1602 (Post 93921)
I know how you feel Mark. We have 91 sleeps to go and I can't wait! I love reading the posts on here though. My kids think I am mad reading about PP when I miss it but it's the only way I cope :)

OMG you have just described my family to a t lol

Sparky 27-04-2014 00:26

A really close friend of mine (SWS) reminded me tonight of this song which became my anthem on the build up to moving here to live, thought i would share it with all of you suffering from PPWS :- A Place In the Sun - Stevie Wonder (with lyrics) - YouTube :D.

Also special thanks to Favie who suggested that it would be a very apt song at the time.......i still play it now ;).

scotslizzy 27-04-2014 09:29

Great Stuff

I have 50 sleeps to go and like everyone else who has fallen in love with PP I love reading the posts to keep me going.

I have thought about why it's PP that we fell in love with as opposed to any other resort(we have been fortunate to travel quite a bit to lovely areas of the world) and I cannot exactly explain why that is but here are some of my thoughts;

Not too far a flight from Glasgow
Very Clean
No lager louts
Family orientated
a wide range of eating establishments to suit all budgets
Gorgeous bay and sea views
Sitting outside any of the frontline hotels bars and watching the world go by
Sea food (yes I know I put rests above this is my list !)
Going for my early morning walk when PP is just waking up.

I suppose the above list could be used for 99% of most resorts so I am still not able to define why PP as opposed to other places. I just know that thinking about PP makes me happy and content .

So what are your reasons for falling in love with PP?

Scotslizzy

ragdollabbi 27-04-2014 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparky (Post 93958)
A really close friend of mine (SWS) reminded me tonight of this song which became my anthem on the build up to moving here to live, thought i would share it with all of you suffering from PPWS :- A Place In the Sun - Stevie Wonder (with lyrics) - YouTube :D.

Also special thanks to Favie who suggested that it would be a very apt song at the time.......i still play it now ;).

Great song Sparky, but just made me have more withdrawal symptoms after listening to it:)

ragdollabbi 27-04-2014 10:29

Just worked out it's 167 days until we are back out....that's almost half a year :(:(

varsp 27-04-2014 11:01

SCOTSLIZZY, all of the above, warm friendly welcomes, the mountains, the whole "vibe" of the place. Maybe, so many likeminded people in one small place...... who knows, but give me MORE !

anne10aber 27-04-2014 17:05

55 Days for us. Love everything about PP. Worried that when the children grew up we would miss our visits there. 1st visit alone was last year and our son, girlfriend, daughter, best friend all came along. It was Sarah, the girl friends 1st visit. Coming out 21st June on our own! Son and girl friend are joining us for a week.....love that the whole family love it as much as we do. :)

David82 27-04-2014 18:59

47 sleeps for me, 50 sleeps til I get married in the Miramar.....wooo hoo!!

whaleywanderer 27-04-2014 23:06

I liken it to when you're house hunting, the minute you walk into the right property you just know it's right, likewise with PP.

scotslizzy 28-04-2014 07:01

That special magic

Funny isn't it that we all "feel" that magic bit its hard to put into words.

Looking forward to meeting up again at the meetings on Tuesday ?

Will be watching out for the wedding as well as we are next door in the Diana.

Cheers

Scotslizzy

ragdollabbi 28-04-2014 07:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 93994)
I liken it to when you're house hunting, the minute you walk into the right property you just know it's right, likewise with PP.

The first time we visited PP we didn't think 'It was the one'. We had spent many years going to Menorca when the children were young and loved it there. We compared everything to Menorca ........to begin with unfavourably. By the end of our week we had fallen in love with everything about PP, and I hasten to add that we have never gone back to Menorca since:). We would like to go back to Menorca now just to be able to see if we still love it too. It was our first holiday abroad as a whole family and I'm sure will still hold a special place in our hearts:). It's back to PP in October though:D