Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > GENERAL > Members Area

Members Area This forum is both for new members to say hello and introduce theirselves and for ALL members to post when they are coming out to PP, arrange forum meet-ups etc. But please don't post anything here that would be better suited to the more specific forums.

Like Tree109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-09-2014, 20:17
Founder

For some reason I have chosen a very wet week for my visit

Assuming it doesn't get rained off (again) we will be making our 2nd attempt at the Dragonera Walk on Monday so I may be feeling it on Tuesday morning! We've also signed up for the No Frills 'Rural Mallorca' excursion on Friday but I think we may be getting rather wet....

But I'm really looking forward to seeing any of you who can join us inside Casa Manolo on Tuesday!
anne10aber likes this.

Last edited by pollensa; 25-09-2014 at 21:05. Reason: typo!
Sponsored Links
Old 25-09-2014, 20:22

Good luck with it all Pollensa! Hope the weather gets kinder fir you. Could you find out the exact date No Frills stop their excursions please? I know they say October but we know how flexible dates are! Thank you.
Old 26-09-2014, 08:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Good luck with it all Pollensa! Hope the weather gets kinder fir you. Could you find out the exact date No Frills stop their excursions please? I know they say October but we know how flexible dates are! Thank you.
I pass there most days..will find out for you

Eating Out
Old 26-09-2014, 08:44

Thanks Cath.
Old 26-09-2014, 19:47

It’s amazing how things can change from good to bad in an instant.

Last Tuesday, nearing the end of a great holiday, I joined the forum meet-up and had a very enjoyable time with Sparky, CathB & Littlejohn; it was good to meet you all – and we put the world to right (as the saying goes).

But then the world went wrong.

I’d just departed the meet-up, making my way to the beach, when my mobile phone rang. Nextdoor neighbour in UK, telling me she was with the police who had attended a break-in at my home and, in addition, both our cars had been stolen.

We’re now back home, house completely ransacked, jewellery and other semi-valuable sentimental items gone, so have the cars. There are some very unpleasant people in this world (fortunately not many). I’ve used the term ‘very unpleasant’ as Sparky would have to censor this post if I said what I’ve have really called them and what I would like to do to them.

Still, it was great to be back in wonderful PP for just over two weeks, and good to meet up.
Old 26-09-2014, 20:36
Banned

Oh dear, everyone's worst nightmare. I feel sorry for you. I know what I call these people but some on here get upset when you vent your anger on the poor less fortunate people who commit burglaries and other serious crimes.

No doubt they took the car keys from inside the house before taking them, hardly anyone "hot wires" cars these days. It's always worth hiding anything of any value, including car keys, before you go away. Mr. Burgler, wants to be in and out in moments and isn't going to spend time hunting for jewellery, car keys and other valuables. It's incredible how many people leave such items on show. It's very easy and quick to hide things safely.

Just some food for thought.
Old 26-09-2014, 22:16

I hope to stop by guys.....x
Old 26-09-2014, 23:14

Kwuk2, very sorry to hear about the robbery. Do hope you will be able to get things sorted out soon. Hope it doesn't put you off going away again.
Old 26-09-2014, 23:30

It was great to meet you too Kwuk2 i am so sorry to hear about your robbery..sometimes there are no words to describe those commit such crimes..hope you and your family are ok

Eating Out
Old 27-09-2014, 08:49

Really sorry to hear about the burglary - I agree, it is everyone's worst nightmare on holiday - along with house being burnt down, or someone being ill. I totally understand how you feel about the b******s - we were burgled many years ago (not while we were on holdiay) and I still feel angry - it's the sentimental things that you cant replace that are the worst loss. And 'unpleasant' is the mildest description - I know we can all think of much more colourful ones

We always hide the car keys when we go away - but the trouble starts when you get home and can't remember the very safe place you left them in! (Same with my external hard drive, home purse, back up usb stick (still havent found this from last time)

I know you will get all the practical issues sorted soon but the insecure feeling never goes - just have to live with it and be grateful every time you come home and everything is ok
Nick likes this.
Old 27-09-2014, 09:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
I checked this morning..they officially finish 31/10. Some of the more popular tours and trips such as Island tour,Rural Mallorca and Caves of Drach should continue but trips to the waterparks may not as they are cannot be certain when they would close. Sorry it is not really an exact answer but something to go on and I suppose they must have email address that you could contaxt them on 😀

Eating Out
Old 27-09-2014, 09:08
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post

Last Tuesday, nearing the end of a great holiday, I joined the forum meet-up and had a very enjoyable time with Sparky, CathB & Littlejohn; it was good to meet you all – and we put the world to right (as the saying goes).

I’d just departed the meet-up, making my way to the beach, when my mobile phone rang. Nextdoor neighbour in UK, telling me she was with the police who had attended a break-in at my home and, in addition, both our cars had been stolen.

We’re now back home, house completely ransacked, jewellery and other semi-valuable sentimental items gone, so have the cars. There are some very unpleasant people in this world (fortunately not many). I’ve used the term ‘very unpleasant’ as Sparky would have to censor this post if I said what I’ve have really called them and what I would like to do to them.

Still, it was great to be back in wonderful PP for just over two weeks, and good to meet up.
Oh no!!!, i am so sorry to read this KWUK. I know exactly how you must be feeling, we have had 3 cars stolen and also our house was burgled. It is devastating when people break in to your home and take not just financially valuable items but the sentimental things which cannot be replaced. And of course then there is that awful feeling of having had your privacy invaded, i hope you soon get everything sorted out and that your insurance company don't try to wriggle out of paying up . Take care of yourself.
Old 27-09-2014, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathB View Post
I checked this morning..they officially finish 31/10. Some of the more popular tours and trips such as Island tour,Rural Mallorca and Caves of Drach should continue but trips to the waterparks may not as they are cannot be certain when they would close. Sorry it is not really an exact answer but something to go on and I suppose they must have email address that you could contaxt them on 😀
Thanks so much for finding that out for us Cath, maybe able to fit a couple in!
Old 30-09-2014, 10:14

So sorry to read this. Its everyones nightmare. Hopeyou get sorted soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWUK2 View Post

My FlickR Photos
Old 30-09-2014, 12:12

Cool Forum Meeting

I celebrate my 1000th post at the forum meeting in Casa Manolo with Pollensa + Sfeve, Sparky, Ann10aber and Fil6699.

Great to see everybody.

Thankyou for making this possible

My FlickR Photos