Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 15:34

Default Dentists/ implants/ crowns

I met a chap on a flight who had just flown to Mallorca on a "medical holiday". He booked the flight, hotel and dental treatment as a package to have 6 dental implants at a cost of 500 each. This was with Dentymax in Palma. He spoke very highly of the quality of the work and was well pleased.

This compares to a price in the UK of between 2000 - 5000 per implant which I was quoted.
Has anyone else had either experience of them or someone similar for either an implant or bridge?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2008, 21:39

Hiya,

Found their website but no English version
If you discover anything else on them....please let me know!!

Expertos en implantes
Old 21-10-2008, 16:30

Hi Favie,

Went to Dentymax today for a consulation and was impressed. The surgery is 5 min walk from Corte Ingles, near the station, and is very modern and hi-tech.
I was quoted exactly as the prices shown on the website, which are 450 for the implant. 35 for the panoramic x-ray, and 360 for the fix of the crown onto the implant. The initial consultation was free. The implant needs to be in place for at least 3 months before the crown is fitted, so it is a two stage job. In the mean time the implant is level with the gum and so shouldn't be felt. This compares with a minimum price of 2000 pounds in the UK, and possibly a lot more. I met someone who had paid 5000 pounds.

I go back to have the implant fitted in December. I could have had it fitted the next day, but I want to do a bit more research first.The receptionists only speak a little English but the dentist was fluent.
Old 21-10-2008, 22:13

Hi Alcanadakid,

My,you have made quick progress.....congratulations. You are right though to do some more research, do hope you find good reports - I did come across one (some website?) that spoke very highly of the place. The prices are very good!! I actually go this week for a consultation (free) and I had the x-ray last week (30) but after that it will become very expensive!!! This place sounds very tempting and a holiday into the bargain!!! I am not in too much of a hurry, might wait to early next year, by that time I might hear of your experience!! Thank you so much for sharing this with me and I hope all goes really well for you

PS You could send me a PM....if you don't wish to share it with everyone
Old 13-12-2008, 11:44

Had an implant fitted yesterday at Dentymax. It was very simple and took under 10 minutes. 2 jabs, no pain either during the fitting or afterwards. Price was as quoted. The only thing to remember is that they only take cash. The whole process was very professional and hi tech. Even allowing for the declining exchange rate the cost was still only a third of that quoted in the UK.

Now I need to wait for 3 months for the implant to fuse with the jaw and then the "tooth" is fitted on top.

Next episode at the end of March.
Old 15-12-2008, 10:30

Great news Alcanadakid......really pleased it all went well and thanks for your PM
Old 28-04-2009, 18:26

All done! the "final tooth" went in today. It looks and feels great. The whole process took about a month longer than first thought basically because of our travel plans. I would definately recommend Dentymax. The process was very professional, painfree and a third of the price of getting an implant in the UK. If anyone is interested send me a private message and I will give more details.
Old 22-06-2012, 02:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
All done! the "final tooth" went in today. It looks and feels great. The whole process took about a month longer than first thought basically because of our travel plans. I would definately recommend Dentymax. The process was very professional, painfree and a third of the price of getting an implant in the UK. If anyone is interested send me a private message and I will give more details.
Hi Alcanadakid, I'm in the market for dental work but frightened off by UK costs.
Its now a few years on, but are you still satisfied with the work carried out by Dentymax?
Old 23-06-2012, 15:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinkham View Post
Hi Alcanadakid, I'm in the market for dental work but frightened off by UK costs.
Its now a few years on, but are you still satisfied with the work carried out by Dentymax?
Yes, very satisfied, Since that post I have had another implant, my good lady has had one, and one of our friends has had two! I think I ought to be on a commission!!

I would have no hesitation in recommending him to you.

Price is still the same, 890 for xray, implant and crown (the bit that goes on the top).

Juan at Dentymax is a lovely chap. If you want to see him I suggest sending him an email, as the receptionist doesn't speak English. It is dentymax@gmail.com.

Let me know how you get on.
Old 24-06-2012, 00:06

Thanks for your reply. That all sounds good. We are out next weekend, so may consider arranging a consultation.
Old 24-06-2012, 10:20

Dentymax are located on the same street in Palma where the station is and where Corte Ingles are. There are plenty of car parks accessed from the centre reservation or often we park in Cortes Ingles and walk up (10mins).
Old 07-07-2012, 12:06

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. That all sounds good. We are out next weekend, so may consider arranging a consultation.
Just wondered whether you went for a consultation?
Old 07-07-2012, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Just wondered whether you went for a consultation?
No, fraid not. In the end a few reasons for not going ahead. If its any consolation after you took the trouble to pass on such useful information, I haven't decided on any alternative treatment in the UK. Yet.

Thanks again.
Old 07-07-2012, 19:31

Quote:
No, fraid not. In the end a few reasons for not going ahead. If its any consolation after you took the trouble to pass on such useful information, I haven't decided on any alternative treatment in the UK. Yet.

Thanks again.
No worries. It is a big step and I just wondered how you had got on.
Old 15-06-2018, 18:23

Does anyone have any up to date experiences of Dentymax or other surgeries fro implants? The Dentymax wabsite doesn't seem to be working.