Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-06-2008, 15:05

Default Help Please

Hi
My daughter is in PP at the moment, and she has just called and we feel as if she needs to see a doctor
Does anyone know the opening hours of the surgery by the Tex Mex
Thanks in anticipation
Terry
Sponsored Links
Old 25-06-2008, 15:07

Hey,

I think youll find the hours are from 8 to 8 on week days. I know the one next to the sport centre is from 8 to 8 atleast.

What is the matter with your daughter? is she here on her own?
Old 25-06-2008, 15:16

She is there with her boyfriend
She developed a rash on Monday on her legs and arms. Its very unsightly. We suggested piriton but that just made her feel sick. She's trying calomine but it isn't helping, and its now getting really unbearable.
I'm sure it's not urgent, but certainly sounds like it's verging on ruining the holiday (which is her first one out on own) and she's feeling pretty sorry for herself.
Old 25-06-2008, 15:51

Default Doctor

Phone number for doctor near Tex Mex is 971 86 44 86.

A doctor is usually available.

Frito.
Old 25-06-2008, 16:34
Founder

I think you'll find that there is a receptionist there all day but that the doctor may not be there early afternoon i.e. you may need to go back at 5pm but as you have the telno you can always call first & find out.
Old 25-06-2008, 17:47

Thanks everyone.
She went to the surgery by the sports ground, but they were very unhelpful and simply told her to go to Pollensa
She is now down by the TexMex and about to try that one. She's a little put off (as a poor student) by the 75Euro consultation fee, and her insurance has a £40 excess. I think its best she goes however as the itching is driving her potty, but I think she'll be a bit frustrated if they just tell her its a heat rash.
If any locals are reading this, she'll be the one wandering around later with pink arms and legs, decorated with white calomine lotion dabs.
Terry
Old 27-06-2008, 19:10

Default How is She

Terry

How is your daughter ?

Not got to the point where mine is going out to PP on her own yet , but at nearly 15 it's not going to be too many years away .......... so can imagine how you must be worrying .......... from the perpective of her "getting right" and also from not wanting her first holiday without adults to be ruined

Hope she got the help she needed and is on the mend
Old 27-06-2008, 20:55

Thanks cd, yeah she got some tablets prescribed by the doc in the square, which seems to have improved things.
I must admit it's been quite a worry, and I'll be happy when she's back home tomorrow.

I bet she won't be worrying the same about us in a couple of weeks, when we are out there and she is at home holding the fort
Old 13-07-2008, 22:26

Default doctors

Sorry to hear your daughter was ill on holiday.Very suprised to hear you used the doctors by the sports ground and they were unhelpfull.
We had private medical insurance but was fed up having to always pay the excess, so when my son went down with conjuctivitis last year we thought we would use the spanish n.h.s one.Armed with our e111 we managed to get an appointment for 2 hours later,when we arrived there were three people in the waiting room but the doctor came out at our allocated time and called us in.The service was brilliant i wouldnt hesitate to use it again if needed.
The private doctor we have seen is in a road by the burger king or whereabouts lovely man very good looking,and will see you anytime of day and night.
Old 05-06-2009, 23:09

How come she didnt just go to A&E nearby? Im sure theres one in Alcudia??
After watching the t.v program 'Sun,Sea and A&E' (a program about hospital ife in Mallorca) im aware that the brits go there for such minor things as bad sunburn! At least you know youll get seen at some point! But i totally understand how even a minor problem to do with health on holiday can totally spoil it!
Old 07-06-2009, 10:59
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob and donna View Post
How come she didnt just go to A&E nearby? Im sure theres one in Alcudia??
After watching the t.v program 'Sun,Sea and A&E' (a program about hospital ife in Mallorca) im aware that the brits go there for such minor ..
Hopefuly someone can confirm but I'm pretty sure that the the hospital featured in Alcudia was the private hospital in Muro (as well as the state hotel Son Dureta in Palma). I'm not sure whether you can just turn up for minor ailments? I thought for that you needed to use the PAC or see a Doctor - & pay if private. We've always done that & paid around 40 eur which is often the excess on your travel insurance & paid for prescriptions as well.
Old 07-06-2009, 13:10

Hi everyone,

Terry-hope your daughter is getting better, did she have an E111 card?
We are doing our first visit to PP this summer, I have always had the E111 since the scheme started but thankfully have never had need to use it.
Can anyone confirm where you could go to get the NHS type service in PP both for minor, or heaven forbid, a major injury/ailment.
We usually holiday in Portugal, and any for small problems the local pharmacist has been very helpful, is there a particularily good english speaking one in PP?
Steve M.
Old 07-06-2009, 21:53

Most of the information you will ever require is in the free publication "Holiday in Puerto Pollesa" which is available in the Port and now online at hippmallorca.blogspot.com.

For small injuries/medical problems you can see a doctor in the Health Centre on the ground floor of the Council/Police/Health Centre building on the corner of Vincent Buades/Tramuntana near the new swimming pool. See the map on pages 32/33 of Holiday in Puerto Pollensa.

There is also a PAC in Pollensa, not far from and behind the Cloisters in Calle Bisbe Desbach see page 56 and 36 for a map.

For accident, fire, medical emergencies the telephone number is 112 where you will get an english speaking operator.

Its great that now this excellent publication is available online, thanks Ann.

My FlickR Photos