Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2008, 16:47

Default needed to visit a doctor in May

We arrived on 05 may and husband felt unwell and we all thought he was tired and a good nights sleep would sort him out ... oh how wrong we were !!
He woke up on Tue morning covered in spots , and I mean covered , I counted approx 60 spots on his eyes, and forehead alone , poor soul.The owner of the apt recommended a doctor in the square, just beside the tex mex with the statues outside. He was an Argentinian doctor and a real gentleman , speaking superb english , so all our hard work writing down symptoms from the phrase book was not required . He diagnosed chicken pox , imagine reaching 46 and then contracting the "pox" so unlucky.
2 consultations , an injection,prescription, 70 euros which we can claim on our insurance.
He also wrote out some phrases for us in spanish should we need to go to hospital, as the injection can cause breathing difficulties and gave us the empty box.We were impressed by the treatment recieved and nothing was too much trouble for the doctor and his staff whose surgery was extremely busy on both occasions. TT

Last edited by tievenaghtanya; 09-06-2008 at 16:51. Reason: spelling
Sponsored Links
Old 23-06-2008, 20:30

Hmmm. there is a lot of chicken pox around this year it seems and not always children. Out of interest did you know that you are not allowed to fly whilst still contagious - until all spots have scabbed and dried up??? or swim in the pool of course???
Hope your husband made a full recovery and managed to enjoy some of his holiday - I believe it can be rather nasty in adults??
Old 23-06-2008, 21:26

Yes hubby has made a full recovery ,and it certainly is very nasty if contracted as an adult. the neighbours around the apt must have thought "those mad Irish" as Jim ran into the kitchen every time someone came even close. Most unfortunate as he didn`t go past the garden gate for the duration of our stay, so he probably was going a little mad ,but I kept him supplied with cigars and plenty of newspapers.
The Doc in PP siad not to fly for 5 days , as did our GP when we rang to confirm this , so we rang Jet2 and were able to delay our return flight [at a supplement ofcourse] to day 7.I do hope he didn¬t contaminate too many folk while we were there!
regards TT
Old 27-06-2008, 21:10

Poor thing, glad he made a full recovery. I hope this was not his first visit to PP - he can`t report much on this holiday can he. Sounds like you need to come back again soon to allow him a chance to really enjoy the Port and all its fab restaurants.