Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-08-2021, 23:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcolmS View Post
I'm sure I heard on the Scottish news tonight that from September we will no longer be restricted to buying our day 2 return PCR test from CTM and will be free to buy from a selection of 40+ providers. I can't find the details in the online news sites but if true that should further reduce the testing costs for us returning to Scotland.
This is correct. We are no longer tied in to pay the £68 per test.

Nice timing as we fly out next week.

https://www.gov.scot/news/internatio...r-covid-tests/
MalcolmS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 19-09-2021, 21:28

Mask wearing

Talking to friends in Madrid recently and others who had recently returned from PP they all said mask wearing was still pretty universal both outdoors and in public spaces indoors. Whilst we wore our masks continually from when we left our house to our return our experience in Pollensa today was that we were pretty much in the minority. I would estimate only 10-20% were wearing masks even through the market where a 1.5m social distance was next to impossible. I would say though that all the local stallholders, shop keepers and restuarant staff wore theirs 100%
mike_dublin likes this.

Links

Last edited by MalcolmS; 23-09-2021 at 10:12.
Old 19-09-2021, 23:01

Quote:
Mask wearing

Talking to friends in Madrid recently and others who had recently returned from PP they all said mask wearing was still pretty universal both outdoors and in public spaces indoors. Whilst we wore our masks continually from when we left our house to our return our experience in Pollensa today was that we were pretty much in the minority. I would estimate only 10-20% were wearing masks even through the market where a 1.5m social distance was next to impossible. I would say though that all the local stallholders, shop keppers and restuarant staff wore theirs 100%
When we came out in June masks were obligatory everywhere outdoors, other than the beach. It’s great to be able to walk around mask free, but it does seem sensible in busy places (markets and narrow streets) to continue to wear masks. I hate it…..but it so makes sense. We can only stay safe from this virus by being collectively sensible. A pity that many people cannot see this.
Sharonh, debz1, Lorenzo and 7 others like this.
Old 20-09-2021, 17:20

We drove down through France to PP last week and everyone wore masks indoors and I’d say 70% outdoors. You also had to show proof of double vacc in most restaurants and bars. It felt very safe as it does in the main in PP. Cannot understand the Uk govts approach to mask wearing saying they advise people to wear them in shops, trains etc, and trust that people will ‘do the right thing’ Not where I live they’re not!
ragdollabbi and Tommo like this.
Old 30-09-2021, 09:31

A sign of the times?

We return home on Saturday and having planned to spend the day in Palma had booked our Covid test for a Test & Fly certificate in the centre of Palma itself. However they have just phoned me to cancel the appointment as they are no longer open on Saturdays.

With the requirements for Test & Fly certificates lessening I guess the number of places providing these may diminish?

Links
Old 30-09-2021, 13:24

Quote:
A sign of the times?

We return home on Saturday and having planned to spend the day in Palma had booked our Covid test for a Test & Fly certificate in the centre of Palma itself. However they have just phoned me to cancel the appointment as they are no longer open on Saturdays.

With the requirements for Test & Fly certificates lessening I guess the number of places providing these may diminish?
If you are stuck, I recommend Dr Mallorca in the Port. I'm sure they will be open for a while yet. Also there is the Facility to Test at Palma Airport.
We prefer to test before the airport.
Old 30-09-2021, 16:18

Thanks Luckyone, we've booked tests in PP tomorrow morning

Links
Old 05-10-2021, 13:47

Can anyone who has recently flown to Scotland please recommend a supplier of the Day 2 test, now that we are no longer restricted to using CTM? Thanks
Old 05-10-2021, 13:54

randox but its a drop off so you need to find a location near to you i think £49 pp
MalcolmS likes this.
Old 05-10-2021, 14:06

Quote:
Thanks Luckyone, we've booked tests in PP tomorrow morning
I dont think you need them now rule change on 4th Oct do not need departure test if fully vaccinated . Just need the day 2 test once back in UK
MalcolmS likes this.
Old 05-10-2021, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken View Post
Can anyone who has recently flown to Scotland please recommend a supplier of the Day 2 test, now that we are no longer restricted to using CTM? Thanks
Used CTM from the Scottish Government web under International Travel. CTM both July and September Day 2 test at home (had to use CTM as no choice in Scotland up to 4th October).

Purple plastic envelopes waiting through your letter box on day of return. Full instructions, post back via Royal Mail 'Priority Box' and results in 12 to 24 hours on both occasions. So if you don't want any hassle and quick results it is worth £68 per person.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken View Post
We used Randox too. Dropped off the tests lunchtime Sunday (Stirling M9 services - although I think there's one near Edinburgh airport too) and had results (-ve) back late morning Monday.

Links
Old 06-10-2021, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
I dont think you need them now rule change on 4th Oct do not need departure test if fully vaccinated . Just need the day 2 test once back in UK
Agreed. We flew back Sat night though. Just too soon. :-)

What happens to all those test centers now? Presumably, they all close, or are there other countries still requiring Fit to Fly?

Links
Old 06-10-2021, 12:19

Quote:
Agreed. We flew back Sat night though. Just too soon. :-)

What happens to all those test centers now? Presumably, they all close, or are there other countries still requiring Fit to Fly?
i would imagine they were [planning on closing at the end of this month as the season ends so just an early finish for them or maybe a few random Germans to test before the end of the month
Old 16-10-2021, 10:53

Default We used

Nationwide Pathology for no reason other than it was a middle of the road price .
Got back week ago on Thursday and the test kits were waiting for us. Did the tests on Friday morning posted Royal Mail got our results on Saturday evening around 18.00 so really pleased with the service. 40.00 a test.

I presume some of the medical places will now switch over to LTF as we will all need that test as a minimum.

Funny thing is although negative I never heard back from NHS Scotland so I wondered if they are only informed if the test result is positive.

So glad we made is finally after cancelling in Sept . Why does this place have such a hold on us?
Roll on 2022.
Scotslizzy
Lorenzo, Roy&Myra and RUBY 97 like this.