Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2020, 11:08

We arrived about 10pm last night, saw a few people on the pine walk not wearing masks which surprised me, we will wear ours as per the guidelines.
Gp1602 and Teflon like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2020, 11:16

The new restrictions do not come into force until Monday
Sparky and Gp1602 like this.
Old 11-07-2020, 16:57

Thanks GG, a bit wierd though, as we’ve had in the UK announce something will take place e in a few days, although the UK announces an easing in a few days and the whole country seems to take it as being OK straight away.
Old 11-07-2020, 19:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggyman View Post
We arrived about 10pm last night, saw a few people on the pine walk not wearing masks which surprised me, we will wear ours as per the guidelines.
I wish I was walking on the Pine Walk right now!
Rosie34 and Tommo like this.
Old 12-07-2020, 09:44

I believe that wearing face masks in 30c would be very uncomfortable especially walking in direct sunshine, so will have to think carefully before coming over.
Old 12-07-2020, 10:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
I believe that wearing face masks in 30c would be very uncomfortable especially walking in direct sunshine, so will have to think carefully before coming over.
Just imagine what it's like for the people who have to wear them all day while they are working .
PP76, debz1, alcanadakid and 7 others like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 09:13

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...d-majorca.html

Quote:
Private clinics will take care of tourists who contract coronavirus in the Balearic Islands, according to Eugenia Carandell, IB-Salut Healthcare Director.

“We are developing an agreement with Private Clinics to serve foreign tourists to provide security to the population and the guests if they are unlucky enough to fall ill,” she said.

Private clinics "have a lot of experience with foreign patients" and it’s also a way to monitor cases.

"They are people whose contacts will have to be tracked later which implies having language skills," said Carandell who revealed that a Covid-19 Centre is being created which will be able to serve tourists in four different languages ”and will be in constant contact with ours.”

The Private Call Centre will track all contacts of patients who are foreign and IB-Salut will follow up with those who are Spanish, ”for instance if there is a waiter affected, we would take care of that case," she explained.

Many of the tourists who travel to the Balearic Islands have their own insurance and may decide to go to a clinic or a public hospital, "but we need to keep it under control if there is an outbreak," explains Palomino.

Under the agreement, any outpatient with symptoms associated with coronavirus will be offered the services of a Private Clinic and be monitored.

"The patient will be taken to the clinic and given a PCR test and if the result is negative they will be allowed to continue with their vacation, but if it is positive they will be given treatment depending on the severity of the symptoms,” says Palomino. “At the same time transport vehicles will be launched to test anyone who has been in contact with them and anyone who tests positive will be removed from their hotel.

If they’re staying in a holiday rental they can be isolated there if the symptoms are not serious, like the family in Minorca.

Public Health coverage is universal and care will be provided even if people don’t have documents or insurance.
see full article on the MDB website
Old 13-07-2020, 09:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dublin View Post
https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...d-majorca.html

see full article on the MDB website
Private clinics with interpreter - reminds me of a situation a few years ago when one of our family (male 35 years) got an infection in his nether regions. We took him to the private clinic at Muro hospital where he was assigned an interpreter who stayed with him while he dropped his pants for an examination by the doctor. The trouble was. she was a young beautiful Swedish blonde lady who was about 25 years old!

Red faces all round, as well as the red you-know-what!
katsmum and Gp1602 like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 10:40

Can someone clarify something for me please if you can and I know this has been asked already. I am happy to wear a mask but am confused over when I have to wear it at a restaurant. It says they have to be worn in restaurants except when eating or drinking. Does this mean that I can eat a meal and have it off the whole time or does it mean I can eat, then have to put the mask on, then take it off throughout the whole let’s say 90 minutes that I am there? As there are four of us I don’t fancy the fine if we get this wrong!
CharlieV likes this.
Old 13-07-2020, 11:14

Well, if I have to wear a mask in between mouthfuls, then I'm just going to cancel my meals out.....can't be doing with that nonsense! Surely it can't be enforceable?
Old 13-07-2020, 11:17
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gp1602 View Post
Can someone clarify something for me please if you can and I know this has been asked already. I am happy to wear a mask but am confused over when I have to wear it at a restaurant. It says they have to be worn in restaurants except when eating or drinking. Does this mean that I can eat a meal and have it off the whole time or does it mean I can eat, then have to put the mask on, then take it off throughout the whole let’s say 90 minutes that I am there? As there are four of us I don’t fancy the fine if we get this wrong!
It's not complicated, you wear a mask until you arrive at bar/restaurant and have been served, then you put mask back on before leaving.

No need to put it back on between courses or mouthfuls or sips.
debz1, Lorenzo, lollipop and 4 others like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
It's not complicated, you wear a mask until you arrive at bar/restaurant and have been served, then you put mask back on before leaving.

No need to put it back on between courses or mouthfuls or sips.
It may not be complicated but it certainly is not clear!
Thank you
car77 and CharlieV like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 11:49
Super Moderator

Quote:
It may not be complicated but it certainly is not clear!
Thank you
Sorry but i don't know how much clearer it can be , when you have been served you can remove the mask and keep it off until you leave when you must put it back on .
debz1, clinkham and roig cat like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 11:57

There are time on this forum - like now when I do not understand the replies some posters receive. To me the official guidance is not clear and I merely asked a question to ensure I follow things correctly.
This response is very terse.
CharlieV, varsp and Magic Hat like this.
Old 13-07-2020, 13:02
Super Moderator

Quote:
There are time on this forum - like now when I do not understand the replies some posters receive. To me the official guidance is not clear and I merely asked a question to ensure I follow things correctly.
This response is very terse.
I was not being terse, my response to your question was done in the clearest way i could think of. If anyone else can make it clearer please do as can do no more.
debz1, roig cat and Jonsey like this.