Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2021, 18:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
Thank you!! Still keeping fingers crossed we can visit in October, though wondering if the stress of getting the rules & regulations right plus Covid risk will be worth it! Missing PP so much, so going to hope for the best!!
Yes - we are missing our PP visits so much and are due to come in October. But now it's looking doubtful for one reason or another - even apart from the confusing regulations. Feeling totally fed up
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2021, 23:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
1 interesting point .... the test you need to do in PP... no one looks at the result? At neither Palma or Luton staff asked to see it... in fact, of all my trips to PP during the pandemic, no one at Luton has asked for anything whatsoever. The quarantining I did last year was all done on an honesty basis. I could've easily come home without submitting a UK locator form... but not now becasue Easyjet check it.

...and... Easyjet will want to see your Spanish Health Form QR code before allowing you to board the plane to Mallorca
The test you do in PP is a fit to fly test and in July our Dr Mallorca certificates were checked by the EZY staff when we checked our bags in. The interesting point is who checks the certificates if you do not have bags to check in??
Old 12-08-2021, 09:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
The test you do in PP is a fit to fly test and in July our Dr Mallorca certificates were checked by the EZY staff when we checked our bags in. The interesting point is who checks the certificates if you do not have bags to check in??
it is checked at the gate when you check in bags you get a paper that says docs ok or similar i f you cannot show that paper before boarding then they will ask for your certificates etc. The UK Gov have now placed the responsibility on airlines to check this to release pressure at uk border control .
During the height of the pandemic when travel was restricted the Guardia were actually checking all documents before you could enter security screening area thankfully things are easier now
Lorenzo, Teflon and RUBY 97 like this.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:10

Flew into PMI this morning. At LGW EZY staff checked passport against my Spanish locator form as well as my NHS online vaccine passport-no problems except for the idiot behind me who kept shouting he was a speedy boarder and should be exempt!!

On arrival at PMI everything extremely slick unless you are under 18 or travelling with children for adults you can still use the auto passport check booths with your passport quickly stamped at a desk after going through. Unfortunately a long queue for families who still have to check through the manual passport booths

My arrival was back into Terminal Brit which is back open and was very busy which is hopefully good news for the island
Old 12-08-2021, 11:12

With Jet2 they check all of your documents/phone both in the UK and Palma before or at check-in. Jet2 tick off hand held computers in queue or at check-in desk to ensure compliance and that includes Tests results taken in PP.

Also, when you check-in and print or have on phone a boarding pass, it is not valid until they tick off the checks complete on their system. Then you are given the old proper card for boarding. So you are assured that all on the flight have complied.
Old 14-08-2021, 09:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
There are now 4 test shops in the port. Juaneda on the Formentor Road by Na Ruixa, Dr. Mallorca on the front next to the new frozen yoghurt shop, Dr. Caro behind Motors Formentor and a new one on the main road into port which I noticed yesterday
Are there any in the old town? Apologise if that's already mentioned elsewhere in this mega, and very valuable, thread...

Malcolm

Links
Old 14-08-2021, 11:09

Default A wee bit of good news

Good news about the cost of the 2 day test coming down to 68.00 from 88.00.
This is for double vaccinated people returning to Scotland .

Checked the Scottish Gov website this morning and they have changed the figures already.

Just keeping fingers crossed for 26 August update for travel then I can start organising tests etc

Scotslizzy
MalcolmS and Luckyone like this.
Old 14-08-2021, 20:55

Hi Lizzy, I've just returned from PP to Edinburgh. I used a company called expert medical for the day 2 test and entered the code I was given in the UK passenger locator form. It cost me £29 + £6 postage.
El Gordo, MalcolmS and Del_RFC like this.
Old 17-08-2021, 08:59

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopy View Post
Hi Lizzy, I've just returned from PP to Edinburgh. I used a company called expert medical for the day 2 test and entered the code I was given in the UK passenger locator form. It cost me £29 + £6 postage.
but I was under the impression that we in Scotland had to use the Gov authorised travel co ?

We are double vaccinated etc so when you were completing your UK locator form for coming back to Scotland did it accept the company you mentioned.

Scotslizzy
Old 17-08-2021, 11:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotslizzy View Post
but I was under the impression that we in Scotland had to use the Gov authorised travel co ?

We are double vaccinated etc so when you were completing your UK locator form for coming back to Scotland did it accept the company you mentioned.

Scotslizzy
Medical Expert is on the Govt list of test suppliers for England not for Scotland.
Prices range from £20 to £400!! All £20 postal tests were sold out when I checked but Medical Expert had postal tests available for £28. I don't know if the return postage was included in that price.

For Scotland, the fixed price Day 2 PCR test is currenly £68 here... PCR Test

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 17-08-2021 at 11:28.
Old 17-08-2021, 14:59

Default Thanks

I had checked the Scottish Gov website and it does show the £68.00 test . That is what we will do if all goes well on 26th August with travel news .

Scotslizzy
MalcolmS likes this.
Old 18-08-2021, 11:24

I just booked three day two tests from Expert Medicals at £28 each. Said it included postage, but might be a con and meant only one way?
El Gordo likes this.
Old 21-08-2021, 13:52

UK Gov is reviewing prices of PCRs and underhand tactics of some suppliers.

Details Here: UKGov
Sharonh, clinkham and fil6699 like this.

My FlickR Photos
Old 21-08-2021, 18:17

Default This whole testing thing is a farce and a money making scam

The whole thing is a farce how can you send of tests you are taking yourself in the post could have gone up a pigs nose for all they know
and now i read you can bring here a test to take to get fit to fly certificate you test yourself send a picture of your passport and the negative reult and they send you a certificate
I also know somebody could not find booking code for day 2 test when returning so made up a code and it was accepted , and they compleated there passenger location form
All this has become a total money making scam and needs to be ran properly or binned total madness
Old 22-08-2021, 12:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil6699 View Post
The whole thing is a farce how can you send of tests you are taking yourself in the post could have gone up a pigs nose for all they know
and now i read you can bring here a test to take to get fit to fly certificate you test yourself send a picture of your passport and the negative reult and they send you a certificate
I also know somebody could not find booking code for day 2 test when returning so made up a code and it was accepted , and they compleated there passenger location form
All this has become a total money making scam and needs to be ran properly or binned total madness
While not disputing that there are some rogue test providers, I always believe that most people are honest and try to do the right thing. There are always some who break laws/rules but they are thankfully in the minority.

The person to whom you refer has committed fraud and risks prosecution and a possible prison sentence. It is not worth the risk as it would be very easy to prove and convict if the authorities decided to check..
Lorenzo likes this.