Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2021, 22:39
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
This is great news. Fingers crossed, we arrive on Saturday. Does the limit per table also apply to children under 5? They are exempt from some U.K. restrictions.
I will try to find out for you
Disorderly likes this.
Old 03-06-2021, 17:52

Well the U.K. has gone and left the Balearics off the “green” list again which, in my view, is pretty ridiculous. Arriving on Saturday so time to book day 2 and 8 tests for return. Grrrrr!
My heart goes out to the PP businesses who were hoping for better news.
Old 03-06-2021, 18:22

Quote:
Well the U.K. has gone and left the Balearics off the “green” list again which, in my view, is pretty ridiculous. Arriving on Saturday so time to book day 2 and 8 tests for return. Grrrrr!
My heart goes out to the PP businesses who were hoping for better news.
Where do you book your tests?
Old 03-06-2021, 19:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Where do you book your tests?
Haven’t finally decided but there’s plenty of choice. Ryanair have a decent deal, but there are so many bewildering alternatives. Massive price range and best to read the small print......can you get your money back if flights cancelled? Not with ever provider. It’s a bit of a minefield to be honest but, it’s been so long since we visited our apartment....hang the cost!
Tangoman likes this.
Old 03-06-2021, 20:38

Whilst I want to blame the UK government for not putting the Balearics on the Green list the vaccination rate in Mallorca is appallingly slow. If you believe the figures published daily in the MDB the numbers of around 2,000 per day are a fraction of what our local council are achieving!!

We still plan to come out next week (against UK Government advice but fully vaccinated) but the logistics with quarantine and testing etc. are a nightmare!!

I only hope the the PP bars, hotels, restaurants and the dependent economy can survive yet another setback

Last edited by Teflon; 03-06-2021 at 20:41.
Old 03-06-2021, 21:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Whilst I want to blame the UK government for not putting the Balearics on the Green list the vaccination rate in Mallorca is appallingly slow. If you believe the figures published daily in the MDB the numbers of around 2,000 per day are a fraction of what our local council are achieving!!

We still plan to come out next week (against UK Government advice but fully vaccinated) but the logistics with quarantine and testing etc. are a nightmare!!

I only hope the the PP bars, hotels, restaurants and the dependent economy can survive yet another setback
I can Assure you that every single place you visit will be extremely grateful
Its a huge blow not getting on the green list and to PP in particular
Sharonh, clinkham, copper and 3 others like this.
Old 04-06-2021, 07:52

It is a real disappointment for all, actually more than that... We will be there in July, fully vaccinated, and look forward to trying to support as many local businesses as possible, in a safe, Covid, respectful way.
Sharonh and clinkham like this.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:15
Super Moderator

Boris is not very popular here, one local even suggested that he should be shot .

So yesterday the Spanish supreme court ruled that it was illegal for the Balearic government to continue a curfew after the end of the state of alarm. Also there can be no limit on the number of people at social and family gatherings. This all came into effect from yesterday.

The Balearic Government says it respects the Supreme Court ruling but recommends following its own rules .
kazzergardner likes this.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:39

Quote:
Haven’t finally decided but there’s plenty of choice. Ryanair have a decent deal, but there are so many bewildering alternatives. Massive price range and best to read the small print......can you get your money back if flights cancelled? Not with ever provider. It’s a bit of a minefield to be honest but, it’s been so long since we visited our apartment....hang the cost!
Seeing as I'm coming over on Weds next week, I need to have a plan for my pre return tests. I'm only there for five days, as I'm checking my place out and doing a few bits and as mentioned elsewhere the next flight back is a week later! (tempting! ) So does anyone have any advice on the best options?
Old 04-06-2021, 15:07

Just looking into the minefield of testing and the wide differences in cost. Question- is there anyone in the port/ town that do supervised lateral flow tests for return to the U.K. for a fee? Can provide the tests as they are free - all sites I have found involve buying the test and then booking a video call for the supervision. As far as the PCR tests they vary so much in price and we plan not to book these until we discover what are govt are going to do. We have our vaccination certificates Anyway - if BA don’t cancel our flights we will be out for a month next week - fingers crossed.
sunnyboy likes this.
Old 04-06-2021, 15:27
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol View Post
Just looking into the minefield of testing and the wide differences in cost. Question- is there anyone in the port/ town that do supervised lateral flow tests for return to the U.K. for a fee? Can provide the tests as they are free - all sites I have found involve buying the test and then booking a video call for the supervision. As far as the PCR tests they vary so much in price and we plan not to book these until we discover what are govt are going to do. We have our vaccination certificates Anyway - if BA don’t cancel our flights we will be out for a month next week - fingers crossed.
I posted this on another thread in April but this doctor is now doing both tests.

Quote:
As of the day 8/4/21 I inform, that in my Medical Consultation of the Port of Pollensa, rapid antigen tests for SARS-COV-2 can be carried out.
To make an appointment for the tests, you can call 971 868 223. MEDICAL CONSULTATION DR. FRANCISCO CARO GALLEGO C / LA GOLA, 4- GROUND FLOOR 07470 PUERTO POLLENSA.
Carol, kazzergardner and Rockape like this.
Old 04-06-2021, 18:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I posted this on another thread in April but this doctor is now doing both tests.
This is who we plan to use. It’s only a few doors down from our apartment.
Sparky likes this.
Old 04-06-2021, 18:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Seeing as I'm coming over on Weds next week, I need to have a plan for my pre return tests. I'm only there for five days, as I'm checking my place out and doing a few bits and as mentioned elsewhere the next flight back is a week later! (tempting! ) So does anyone have any advice on the best options?
Rockape, we’ve settled on Testing For All at £99 for both tests. Not the cheapest ( nor by any means the most expensive) but gets high Trustpilot scores, flexibility if travel arrangements change, and you post your completed test back via a Royal Mail Priority Postbox. I’ll make a point if reporting how they perform after we get home.
alcanadakid, Carol and Rockape like this.
Old 04-06-2021, 18:17

Quote:
Rockape, we’ve settled on Testing For All at £99 for both tests. Not the cheapest ( nor by any means the most expensive) but gets high Trustpilot scores, flexibility if travel arrangements change, and you post your completed test back via a Royal Mail Priority Postbox. I’ll make a point if reporting how they perform after we get home.
Thanks for this. I have spent the last 3 hours previously searching for alternatives, checking trust pilot and was as confused as when I started.

This seems a great recommendation
Carol and Rockape like this.
Old 04-06-2021, 18:51

Thanks from us as well - will look Testing for All - you’ve obviously done your homework!