Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree967Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-07-2020, 10:54

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...balearics.html

Quote:
Hotels in the Balearic Islands hosted 313,145 guests in the first half of this year, a whopping 92% less than the 3,968,781 tourists who registered during the same period last year, according to the latest data from the National Statistics Institute, or INE.

There were 99 hotels open in the Balearics in June with 9,824 places available, compared to 1,341 hotels and 360,084 places last year.

The INE statistics also revealed that 805 staff were employed by hotels in June this year, compared to 60,350 in 2019.

These statistics are based on a survey, not on official Social Security figures, but the economic impact of the coronavirus is clearly devastating.
see full article on the MDB website
Sponsored Links
Old 24-07-2020, 11:26
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobley View Post
I'm keeping in touch with the doctors. It has been mentioned
With respect to you and anyone thinking of coming, if you have the slightest doubt about your health please do not travel. We have worked so hard to keep this virus at bay and don't want it to all be in vain .
debz1, El Gordo, lollipop and 6 others like this.
Old 25-07-2020, 07:00

Don't worry. Not had any covid symptoms, not even the oddball ones.
Old 13-08-2020, 15:01

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...vid-cases.html

Quote:
The latest figures from the regional ministry of health, updated on Tuesday, show that 39 of Majorca's 53 municipalities have active cases of coronavirus. While around three out of four municipalities now have cases, three weeks ago (July 20) roughly three out of four had none.

The 25 municipalities which now have cases but didn't have three weeks ago are: Alaro, Alcudia, Algaida, Andratx, Arta, Binissalem, Campanet, Campos, Esporles, Lloret de Vistalegre, Llubi, Maria de la Salut, Marratxi, Muro, Pollensa, Sant Llorenç, Santa Eugenia, Santa Maria del Camí, Santa Margalida, Santanyi, Selva, Sencelles, Soller, Son Servera and Valldemossa.

Palma has the most active cases (846), followed by Calvia (58), Llucmajor (49), Inca (40), Marratxi (39), Alcudia (12) and Manacor (11).

In single figures in descending order are: Sa Pobla and Binissalem (9); Felanitx, Santa Margalida, Soller (8); Valldemossa (7); Pollensa (6); Santanyi, Sineu, Vilafranca (5); Alaro, Andratx, Bunyola, Campos, Muro (4); Campanet, Capdepera, Esporles, Santa Maria, Selva, Sencelles, Son Servera (3); Algaida, Arta, Lloseta (2); Consell, Lloret, Llubi, Maria, Porreres, Sant Llorenç, Santa Eugenia (1).

It is being pointed out that the regions don't all have the same criteria when conducting diagnostic tests. It could be that the figure in the Balearics is due to more tests having been carried out. The health ministry doesn't supply data per island, but the great majority of new cases are in Majorca.

Do keep staying safe and healthy
El Gordo likes this.
Old 13-08-2020, 15:26

Im chilling out trying to recuperate from one bug while avoiding the other. I think social distancing has been forgotten here?
Old 14-08-2020, 13:59
Super Moderator

Just announced :-

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Smoking in outside public places to be banned and nightlife venues (clubs) to be closed throughout all of Spain

The Minister of Health, Salvador Illa, announces this morning in a press conference the ban on smoking throughout Spain: "Smoking is prohibited throughout Spain as long as a safety distance cannot be maintained.”

Illa states “We have decided to adopt coordinated measures for the benefit of all the autonomous communities. The first measure is that it is decreed that discos, nightclubs and similar are closed throughout the territory of Spain.”

In hospitality, the minimum distance of 1.5 metres at the bar must be guaranteed and at the tables and a maximum limit of 10 people at each table. The closing time will be at 1:00 in the morning. Customers must not be accepted into the establishment from 00:00 hours.
Old 15-08-2020, 08:55

Thanks Sparky.
Old 15-08-2020, 11:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
Just announced :-
Us poor cigar smokers to be ostracised again. Can we still sit on the end of the Moll. Perhaps we should have the same rules for the eye watering breath taking perfumes that waft over from the table next door. Nothing quite like fresh sardines flavored with Givenchy etc.
Gommar Goffer and Tangoman like this.
Old 15-08-2020, 20:08

Not a smoker myself but I always know I'm in Mallorca when I smell the Spanish cigarette smoke! Somehow very nostalgic for me. Years ago you'd get off the plane down the steps into a blast of heat and smell the cigarette smoke of the airport workers. I must be weird! Also love the smell of cigars as it reminds me of a much loved, long gone neighbor who was like a Grandad to me.
Funny how smells can be so evocative.
Old 04-09-2020, 12:11

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...rus-cases.html

Quote:

According to Balearic health ministry figures released on Wednesday, Palma has 1,237 active cases. The second highest number is 107 in Calvia. Then come Llucmajor (94); Marratxi (79); Manacor (48); Inca (46); Sa Pobla (28); Alcudia (22); Soller (20); Esporles (16); Binissalem (15); Arta, Felanitx and Pollensa, each with 14; Alaro (13); Campos, Santa Maria and Son Servera, each with eleven; and Capdepera (10).

Old 06-09-2020, 09:22

I wonder why these figures are different to the ones being given by the health service in Pollenca, which gave 27 cases on Friday.
Old 08-09-2020, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
I wonder why these figures are different to the ones being given by the health service in Pollenca, which gave 27 cases on Friday.
It probably depends on the day of reporting.
Also, as per article below, there are some discrepancies.
lollipop likes this.

Last edited by mike_dublin; 08-09-2020 at 15:54.
Old 08-09-2020, 15:53

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...ipalities.html

Quote:
According to figures from the health ministry which were updated on Sunday, the number of active coronavirus cases has increased in nine of Majorca's 53 municipalities, has decreased in 22 and has remained the same in the other 22.

For all municipalities (in descending order of the number of cases), the figures are: Palma (989); Calvia (88); Llucmajor (86); Marratxi (57); Manacor (53); Inca (37); Sa Pobla (29); Capdepera (28); Alcudia (16); Binissalem (15); Soller (14); Felanitx (13); Arta and Campos (both eleven); Pollensa (nine); Esporles, Muro and Son Servera (each with eight); Sant Joan and Santa Maria (both with seven); Andratx, Campanet, Santa Margalida, Santanyi (each with six); Alaro, Bunyola, Sencelles, Sineu, Valldemossa and Vllafranca (each with five); Llubi with four; Algaida and Maria de la Salut (both with three); Montuiri, Porreres, Sant Llorenç and Selva (each with two); and on one, Ariany, Consell, Costitx and Puigpunyent.

There are a couple of questions regarding these figures. One has to do with Sant Joan, where the reported number of active cases is seven, yet where there was a major outbreak at the care home (83 in all). However, it would appear that the health ministry treats active cases among residents of care homes and health/social health care workers separately.

Another question concerns Pollensa, where the health centre on Tuesday reported 29 active cases. The figure in the list from the ministry is nine. There was a similar discrepancy last week.
lollipop and Magic Hat like this.
Old 09-09-2020, 09:26

I take all of these figures with a pinch of salt, because they are mostly meaningless. They only relate to people who have had a test and no one has the slightest idea of how many have the virus and are not showing symptoms.

Clearly the virus hasn't actually gone anywhere and probably won't ever at this rate. They are now even finding people who are contracting it for the second time. All we can do, is our bit to stick to the guidelines and hope for the best.