Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Medical

Medical Any advice or questions welcome.

Like Tree1190Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-06-2020, 17:32

Thanks for the defence Rockape......yes, that’s exactly what I meant. Looking out for others at all times. We haven’t beaten the virus but we can survive alongside it with great care. IMHO.
Sparky, Carol, copper and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 26-06-2020, 17:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
I think you've misunderstood....he meant to treat others as you want to be treated and we'll all be fine. As for getting on a plane, if you're wearing a face mask and avoid touching your face, keep hand sanitizer in your pocket for use along the way, you'll be fine.

That's in the very unlikely event anyone is spraying droplets of virus around.
I've had a wee read back and I don't believe I misunderstood his post.

He stated "I think the trick to this is to imagine that you could have and pass on the virus", and act accordingly to the benefit of others" and suggests that avoiding restaurants would be an advisable way of doing that. While ignoring being crammed into an enclosed space with hundreds of others in order to get there in the first place.

I agree that with proper behaviours and and wearing of appropriate PPE some of the risk of flying can be mitigated, but it's far from certain your not going catch or pass on the virus.

For myself, and I speak as someone who was fairly unwell and has been confirmed to have had the virus, I'm looking to book a trip in September.
Old 26-06-2020, 18:38

Dear Magic Hat. I unreservedly apologise for presenting my opinion in a way that you could not understand. Obviously the sentiment I was trying to communicate was lost on you and I really should have tried much harder to present my thoughts in a better way.

I am slightly reassured that there do seem to be others who did manage to navigate my muddled thinking and follow what I was trying to articulate.

I suppose the main thing is, I know what I meant to say and it was offered with the very best of intentions.

Very sorry.

D
Sparky and Gp1602 like this.
Old 26-06-2020, 19:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disorderly View Post
Dear Magic Hat. I unreservedly apologise for presenting my opinion in a way that you could not understand. Obviously the sentiment I was trying to communicate was lost on you and I really should have tried much harder to present my thoughts in a better way.

I am slightly reassured that there do seem to be others who did manage to navigate my muddled thinking and follow what I was trying to articulate.

I suppose the main thing is, I know what I meant to say and it was offered with the very best of intentions.

Very sorry.

D
No worries, apology accepted.
Old 26-06-2020, 21:48

I live in Bournemouth & our town was trashed yesterday & Weds. The visitors left 50 tons of rubbish behind including human waste. They spat at refuse collectors, laughed at parking wardens over the £40 fine ( shared between them apparently).Our council were valiant in trying to cope but created an Emergency so all the Services could easily coordinate. Our local hospitals admitted drunken people, sunburned people & 3 men who were stabbed. Packed in like sardines. Feel sure 2nd wave will spoil chances of visiting PP this year.
debz1, roig cat, Tommo and 1 others like this.
Old 26-06-2020, 22:34

It is so very sad to hear that, Animagic21. What a sorry reflection upon our society at a time where we are faced with a continuing and serious health threat. For all the residents of Bournemouth, and other similarly affected resorts, it must be heartbreaking to see your lovely beaches soiled in this way.

I tell you what......if the current generation had been around in 1939 we’d have lost the Second World War by some margin. I’m ashamed to live in a country where people behave like this, and where our Police find themselves attacked and their vehicles vandalised by unruly mobs.

I do wonder if our Police were heavily armed, things might be different.....you don’t mess with the Spanish Police!

Here I go again.....rant over! ��
debz1, Sparky, animagic21 and 7 others like this.
Old 27-06-2020, 00:10

We all feel so disheartened at what has happened & will continue to happen probably until September. The lockdown in the UK seems to have made some of the population completely lawless. Not just in Bournemouth but many other coastal towns too. Can only remain positive as we know there are thousands of selfless key workers who are so good & kind. Though they don’t deserve to have to go through it all again.
Disorderly, debz1, Janet and 7 others like this.
Old 27-06-2020, 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by animagic21 View Post
I live in Bournemouth & our town was trashed yesterday & Weds. The visitors left 50 tons of rubbish behind including human waste. They spat at refuse collectors, laughed at parking wardens over the £40 fine ( shared between them apparently).Our council were valiant in trying to cope but created an Emergency so all the Services could easily coordinate. Our local hospitals admitted drunken people, sunburned people & 3 men who were stabbed. Packed in like sardines. Feel sure 2nd wave will spoil chances of visiting PP this year.
Unfortunately this is happening all over our country, although Bournemouth did appear to have suffered particularly badly this week for which I too, am ashamed to see. Some drastic measures need to be introduced to stop this happening, week after week. Our lockdown rules were pretty lenient to start with and lots of people are now thinking 'it's all over now, we can do as we like'. I'd be surprised if cases don't rise again in the foreseeable future after the irresponsible behaviour of some people.

Disorderly, yes I think things might be different if we had the threat of the Spanish police and the threat of larger fines in line with Spain. Police here, police by consent and not by authority, resulting in so many people having total disregard and disrespect for them.
Old 27-06-2020, 11:59

Brain dead, useless waste's of space. Make them work for free in the covid mortuaries !
animagic21 likes this.
Old 27-06-2020, 15:37

The irresponsible attitude by these people makes my blood boil. Our daughter who by the way is a super fit 39 year old, was brought down in early March by this dreadful disease. She is recovering very slowly but it has left her with serious heart problems.
I personally have ,along with my wife Anne, been shielding, because of my health problems . To which have just been added to by a diagnosis yesterday of Angina.
The actions of these morons is not just selfish, its down right bloody criminal. Excuse my language.
Old 09-07-2020, 07:23

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...s-weekend.html

Quote:
The Balearic government tonight made a U-turn after saying that the wearing of medical masks would not be compulsory, but from this weekend it will become law to wear masks apart from in swimming pools, on beaches or exercising.

Bar and restaurant terrace regulations may be changed as well but the Balearic government will not make it clear until Friday or Saturday.

see article on the MDB website
Old 09-07-2020, 09:40

I believe that this wearing of masks all the time apart from those excluded would make life for tourists intolerable in the heat and therefore tourists will not be flocking to Mallorca.
Carol likes this.
Old 09-07-2020, 09:45

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...yone-over.html

Quote:
Face masks will be compulsory in all public places in the Balearic Islands for anyone over 6 years old from this weekend regardless of social distancing to prevent a resurgence of coronavirus.

It will not be necessary to wear a mask at the beach or when playing sports but it’s not clear whether the ruling will be changed for places where more people come into contact with each other, such as on restaurant and bar terraces or at work.

Those with breathing problems and other illnesses that could be aggravated by using a mask are exempt from the ruling.

At the moment a mask is only mandatory in commercial premises, closed spaces and outdoors when 1.5 metre social distancing isn’t possible.

Anyone caught not wearing a face mask can be fined 100 euros.

The Government is modifying the Decree for the new normal and it will be published in the BOIB on Friday or Saturday and face masks will be compulsory in the Balearic Islands for all residents and tourists from this weekend.
see full article on the MDB website
Old 09-07-2020, 10:20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&C@29 View Post
I believe that this wearing of masks all the time apart from those excluded would make life for tourists intolerable in the heat and therefore tourists will not be flocking to Mallorca.
It's just as bad for residents too .
Old 09-07-2020, 10:48

Difficult to go back to the mandatory mask wearing, but preferable to a flare up and another lockdown.
Rosie34 likes this.