Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By overthehill

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-02-2013, 01:36

Default Apt block /house number changes in Gommar

Hi
Can anyone enlighten me as to why buildings in the Gommar area have been given new numbers we were 23 Calle Cardernera we are now number 28! We received no notification and only noticed on our recent trip. today we received a a compliment slip from our property management office to say post would not be delivered! My concern is what happens with regards to the deeds as utilities bills can easily amended.

Sonya
Sponsored Links
Old 19-02-2013, 08:57

As far as I can tell the reason for the renumbering (and in some places new street names) was that a number of developments had been constructed after the original numbering system (which I understand was plot numbers) was put in place. This meant that the whole of the Belauba apartments had the same number. Also the whole of El Pinaret had numbers on Avenida de Paris when few of the many blocks where accessed from Paris. The new system was supposed to address these issues and make it simpler in particular for emergency services, however it is not a total success as I now have the same number as my neighboor and the path next to me (no house) has a different number!
Old 19-02-2013, 10:48

Default Diver Val

Yes, we have had our villa in gommar changed from 119 to 18. !
Old 19-02-2013, 16:39

And we went from 116 to 35. I'm not sure about the deeds,one of the things i have left to do.
Old 19-02-2013, 18:04

Hi there,

We spoke to our solicitor about the address change as regards deeds. He is of the opinion that it doesn't matter. We intend to keep a copy of the letter that we received last yr from our community office with the deeds etc.

It has caused an awful lot of bother for those who are not permanent residents to get all the service changes done!! I imagine it has kept a few people in work in the Town Hall for a while!

Poor postman has been in a dreadful pickle for the last 6mths!
lollipop likes this.
Old 19-02-2013, 23:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
................................Poor postman has been in a dreadful pickle for the last 6mths!
Me thinks they are taking advantage of a situation to lighten their load!!

They have been delivering mail to my property without problem for many years!! Since the renumbering, I have not had any post!!

My FlickR Photos
Old 20-02-2013, 08:52

I agree with El Gordo. The local Post office used the number change as an excuse to stop delivering to the affected areas and to return all the Christmas post. Even items I had ordered with the new address on where not delivered.