Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-2012, 17:46

Reply to fil6699
The energy market here is no longer a `one party state´. About a year ago everyone got a letter giving them the option to change to a different company if they wished. Doing nothing about the letter meant you stayed with Endesa. Different Companys regularly advertise and leaflet to attract customers. Also - you do not have to pay by direct debit. If you cancel your direct debit then your electricity bill will come with a bar code on the bottom. Take the bill and a wad of cash to the post office and pay there.
Sponsored Links
Old 21-11-2012, 20:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanscroft View Post
Reply to fil6699
The energy market here is no longer a `one party state´. About a year ago everyone got a letter giving them the option to change to a different company if they wished. Doing nothing about the letter meant you stayed with Endesa. Different Companys regularly advertise and leaflet to attract customers. Also - you do not have to pay by direct debit. If you cancel your direct debit then your electricity bill will come with a bar code on the bottom. Take the bill and a wad of cash to the post office and pay there.
Thanks for the info we never received the letter . And have never seen any other company. And for sure wouldn't dare cancel the direct debit LOL. Did you move and ? would be interesting I am sure for many on here to find out what alternative there is to Endesa

Last edited by pollensa; 22-11-2012 at 12:35. Reason: Ended Quote!
Old 22-11-2012, 11:27

Default electricity bills

I know what you mean about getting cut off, due to change over at the bank by a couple of days i somehow missed a bill for the grand total of 16 euros, i can only assume when they wanted payment it wasn't there, but there was plenty to cover it a day or 2 later. This was in Nov, some bod turns up the following June and cuts off the supply, whilst some friends were in the apartment. So they'd taken Dec, Jan,Feb,March,April,May June out of my account but didn't bother taking the 16 euros out. Luckily i had a freindly neighbour who headed down to Alcudia, got the offending 16 euro bill,paid at the post office, went back to Endesa and a man turned up the following day and put the electricity back on. Strangely enough i wasn't charged for this, well i don't think i was, it's hard to keep track.
Old 22-11-2012, 12:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiddy View Post
I know what you mean about getting cut off, due to change over at the bank by a couple of days i somehow missed a bill for the grand total of 16 euros, i can only assume when they wanted payment it wasn't there, but there was plenty to cover it a day or 2 later. This was in Nov, some bod turns up the following June and cuts off the supply, whilst some friends were in the apartment. So they'd taken Dec, Jan,Feb,March,April,May June out of my account but didn't bother taking the 16 euros out. Luckily i had a freindly neighbour who headed down to Alcudia, got the offending 16 euro bill,paid at the post office, went back to Endesa and a man turned up the following day and put the electricity back on. Strangely enough i wasn't charged for this, well i don't think i was, it's hard to keep track.
You'll probably be billed next summer.
Old 14-02-2013, 17:40

Default endesa office in Alcudia

Do you know the address/phone number/opening times of the Endesa office in Alcudia and do they have anyone that speaks English?
We need to inform them of an address change for our property. Thank you town council for giving us this task!!
eleanor likes this.
Old 14-02-2013, 19:35
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
Do you know the address/phone number/opening times of the Endesa office in Alcudia and do they have anyone that speaks English?
We need to inform them of an address change for our property. Thank you town council for giving us this task!!
I found this info online Endesa On-Line - Hogares - Dnde estamos:-

ELECTRAL
Dirección: CALLE POLLENTIA, 45 A
Horario: 09:30 a 13:30 16:00 a 18:00 V: 09:30 a 13:30 16:00 a 18:00
Teléfono de Contacto: 971548998
Fax:971548519
Old 14-02-2013, 20:49

Talking Thank you!!

Hi Sparky,

Thanks a lot for that info. What would we do without you? Only out for a week in March & this info will save us loads of time searching. Let's just hope someone there speaks English now!
Next we have to inform Repsol also. Any ideas??
Old 14-02-2013, 21:03
Super Moderator

Is this for gas? if so i found this :-

REPSOL BUTANE
Sabaters Street, 5, Inca (Mallorca) (BALEARIC ISLANDS)
Tel. 971 507 111.
Old 14-02-2013, 21:05
Banned

I'm no expert and have never used them but it sounds to me like you maybe should employ the services of one of the administrative companies who I've seen advertise on here to do all this in one fell swoop for you.

It would cost you but with their knowledge and language skills it may be a shrewd investment, not least save you time and the worry. It would also give them payment which in turn would be pumped into the Mallorcan economy benefitting many.

Last edited by Nick; 14-02-2013 at 21:08.
Old 15-02-2013, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by overthehill View Post
Hi Sparky,

Thanks a lot for that info. What would we do without you? Only out for a week in March & this info will save us loads of time searching. Let's just hope someone there speaks English now!
Next we have to inform Repsol also. Any ideas??
We went there in January to register our change of address.The lady who made all the alterations spoke perfect English.
Sparky likes this.
Old 15-02-2013, 11:32

Smile

Thank you everyone for all your help. Job will be done & dusted.
Old 15-02-2013, 16:07

It is as Stevo 66 says a fairly painless exercise which can easily be done. The office is situated in Milar and they open until lunchtime and again from 4 pm. Remember to take an old bill and if you have it a copy of the letter from the council giving your new number. Anyone who has an Empadromiente will also need to go to the town hall office in the old school and change their address and collect the new tile!!.
Old 15-02-2013, 16:20

As well as informing Endesa I also informed the telephone company,my Mallorcan bank and,as I have a car,my insurance company.
Old 16-02-2013, 15:17

Stevo66,a bit off of Electricity topic but if you have a car you might want to inform Trafico of change ,they will amend your registration paperwork in their office. Of course for those of us living here the list is endless!!
Old 16-02-2013, 16:24

Thanks for that lollipop,I shall inform Trafico when I am back in PP next month.