Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By rebel
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 1 Post By Disorderly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 14:33

Default content insurance

Hi All
The better half has instructed me to sort out the content insurance, can somebody anybody recommend a insurance company and a ballpark figure on cost,s for about £20,000 of cover.
Regards
Rebel
In the port from 10th Sept for 8 Days any meetings
Sparky likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 15:06

Hi Rebel,

We have gone for a company called Intasure this year. Although there were many suggetsions on this site. I will try to find the post.

Up until a few years ago we were always with Hizcox (?) who were very good although we didn't have cause to claim thankfully. Hizcox no longer insure property abroad and so a couple of years ago we went with our Spanish banks advice and insured via their company. It was an awful experience and one which we are still fighting. We have a villa and so insure the building and contents under one. The villa was badly damaged but because we were unable to supply the name of the person who caused the damage they refused to pay out. We are still to this day fighting. It is a little like asking a thief to sign a visitors book!
We therefore decided to return to a British company, Intasure. We need to communicate easily and felt English speaking a must. They were very good to deal with and all was quick. A quote was given which seemed very good and so far so good. Fingers crossed we won't need to check out the claiming side!
I can't really give you an idea of cost as our figure incuded the building as well as the contents. I think you will need to phone them for a quote.

Last edited by eleanor; 04-09-2012 at 15:08. Reason: typo
Old 04-09-2012, 15:19

A few threads on the forum on this matter, although the latest one you are probably refering to eleanor is
http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...insurance.html

Keep up the fight eleanor! We are still covered through our bank, Banca March, who I hope and assume will be on the ball should we ever need to call on their services!
eleanor likes this.
Old 04-09-2012, 15:24

Thanks Bella and thanks for finding the link too. Yes we will keep fighting. The latest is that the bank who acted throughout on our behalf are now refusing to do so as they are unable to go any further forward?? They gave us the phone number which just rings and rings so now back to the bank. The insurance company is actually owned by the bank. I just do not believe the attitude and will name and shame when the time is right! Crazy situation! We are now looking to see if our legal insurance is able to fight this on our behalf.
Do hope you have no need to check out the claim form - oh and it's not your bank by the way!!
Belladonna likes this.
Old 04-09-2012, 15:55
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
In the port from 10th Sept for 8 Days any meetings
Yes i will be at Circulo Cultural on Tuesday 11th at 11.30am .
Old 05-09-2012, 16:12

Hi Rebel.

I own an Insurance Broking business so I've just asked my team who deal with such things and the "ball park" for £20,000 Contents is about £110.00 in PP.

We use Towergate, Cherish (a division of AXA) and CEQ.

Some people prefer to insure with a UK insurer, some with an insurer based in Spain. Personally, if you live there full time, I'd deal locally, but if you're mainly domiciled in the UK, I'd arrange cover there. It's a matter of who you can get hold of by the scruff of the neck when something goes wrong!

The reason people get very cheesed off with insurance is that we're all conditioned to buy the cheapest, and the cheapest can usually be relied upon to let you down when you most need it. It's why we think dealing through a broker makes sense - we can't hide behind Indian call centres!

Duncan
eleanor likes this.
Old 05-09-2012, 17:22

We use Towergate also.No problems with them.One claim in twenty years for broken window,paid in full and no subsequent increase in premium.
Old 07-09-2012, 19:06

Default Contents insurance

Hi All
Thank you for your replies, Duncan would you PM me with some contact details please.
Regards
Rebel (Rob)