Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2015, 11:57

As they say Sparky, "They would tax the air that you breathe if they could!"
Old 26-02-2016, 16:49

Getting a license is not that difficult, what is difficult is understanding what you need to do to comply as it is in Catalan.

I would therefore, as said before, go to a solicitor or a gestoria.

Once submitted and stamped, if, within a month, they haven´t been around to check out the property, you can legally start renting it.

If the owner is a EU national, the tax paid is 19% on the nett amount received.

In other words, if you rent the property for say, € 2.000 a week, and the expenses add up to € 400 ( agents commission, laundry, cleaning, gardening, water, electricity etc ), you will end up paying 19% on € 1.600 .

One thing to remember is the IVA ( VAT ) at 10%. You can either charge the client this on top of the weekly rate or include it, like most people do, in the quoted price, which in the case mentioned above would leave you a gross margin of € 1.818 from which you can deduct all expenses.

The IVA must be paid to the govenment every three months.
El Gordo likes this.
Old 26-02-2016, 17:11

There is talk about a new law that will allow the owners of apartments to legally rent them out if the majority of the owners in the community give them their blessing.

This is basically so that the local govenment will be able to tax them, as their way of thinking, rightly, in my opinion, is that if you can legally make money and pay some tax for the trouble of doing it, why not.
Old 26-02-2016, 18:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molt de Renou View Post
There is talk about a new law that will allow the owners of apartments to legally rent them out if the majority of the owners in the community give them their blessing.

This is basically so that the local govenment will be able to tax them, as their way of thinking, rightly, in my opinion, is that if you can legally make money and pay some tax for the trouble of doing it, why not.
Sparky has posted this on another thread:
" I don't know if this will change the law on rental restrictions but below is a rough translation of a report in the UH"
El Defensor del Pueblo denuncia trabas al alquiler vacacional en Baleares » Local » Noticias » Ultima Hora Mallorca

Quote:

The Ombudsman denounces restrictions to vacation rentals in Baleares.

The Ombudsman has reported that some communities, such as Catalonia and the Balearic Islands, are adopting a policy that "unjustifiably curtails' freedom of private owners to offer their homes as a tourist rental. In the annual report of the Ombudsman 2015 released Thursday, the institution warns that the current regulation of market rental housing allows the autonomous communities are those that legislate on the subject. in particular, the Ombudsman has referred to the fine of 6,000 euros to the general direction Catalonia Tourism imposed a homeowner to skip the process of declaration of responsibility. he also stressed the rules of seasonal rental Balearic Islands, which prevents owners of apartments to rent them for tourism purposes, except cede this holding to the company that markets the other units in the building. the Ombudsman believes that "no public interest grounds are appreciated 'for this regulation, and recommended that individuals be permitted in such cases offer their property as a tourist rent" no restrictions other than those set companies. "
Lorenzo likes this.

My FlickR Photos

Last edited by El Gordo; 26-02-2016 at 18:18.
Old 26-02-2016, 18:52

Yes, I had seen this, but they will be passing the buck to the owners of the apartments.

As far as I understand it, at the moment it only takes one owner to object to having short term rental apartments in the building for it to be illegal.

The new law will remove the power from only one owner to the majority of owners.

In other words, if say in a building of 20 apartments, 12 owners vote to allow anyone who so wishes to rent theirs short term, the other 8 will have to accept the ruling.
Old 02-03-2016, 10:36
Super Moderator

Hopefully things are going to get easier for owners.

Below is the link to a report in the MDB here :-

Balearic parliament to tackle holiday rentals » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin.
Family Ordonez likes this.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:45
Super Moderator

According to the MDB there will be regulation on holiday rentals within six months. Read the story here :- Regulation on holiday rentals within six months » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin.
Lorenzo likes this.
Old 13-03-2016, 10:58
Super Moderator

And of course the hoteliers are demanding stricter rules .

Here is a report from the MDB :- Hoteliers demanding tighter control of private holiday accommodation » Balearics » News » Majorca Daily Bulletin