Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-03-2011, 11:18

Question Property Management

Just interested to know, from those people who rent out their property privately but are UK-based, how they have found the situation when something goes wrong at the villa during a rental? We have never rented our villa privately because we find it easier to rely on our agent to do all the problem-solving - when the heating breaks down, for instance, or the pump on the well gives up the ghost and there is no water... These are things that have to be sorted immediately and we are not in a position to do this. I know there are management companies which will do everything for you, from troubleshooting to gardening to pool maintenance to organising the maids - are they reliable, even in a crisis, and how much do they charge?

Apologies if this is starting a new thread but I thought perhaps it would be helpful for prospective renters to know their needs will be looked after even if no holiday company is involved.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-03-2011, 11:28

Hi Kate, We have a brilliant housekeeper who is English and lived in PP for many many years. She has a network of people she calls upon and acts immediately. She ensures she meets and greets the guests and pops in during their stay to ensure all is ok. She organises the cleaners and gardeners and ensures all is well with the pool these people all report to her.

She is our right hand and we would be lost without her. If you need any more info please do pm me.
Old 18-03-2011, 11:49
Founder

Hi Kate,

I have moved this thread as it is mainly of interest for property owners. As commented by Eleanor some owners rely on one person to look after the property for them & many others use a Property Management company - see Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca) - Property Services. Many of the local owners will look after the property themselves.

From the point of people renting out, so long as they ensure that they have a local contact & preferably a 24hr emergency number if there any problems then it will be similar to going through an agent.
Old 18-03-2011, 13:06

Many thanks, Pollensa and Eleanor - Eleanor, I may well PM you at some point - thanks again.
Old 18-03-2011, 16:40

Hi Kate1 I have sent you a private message, hope it helps.
Old 18-03-2011, 18:37

We have always used Ideal Services and would have no hesitation in recommending them. Not the cheapest, but on the couple of occasions we have had a problem, they have always pulled out all the stops to rectify it ASAP and with the minimum of fuss. They also have a 24 hour number for emergencies.
Old 03-04-2011, 17:36

Default Property Management

This can be quite a tricky area. I had a very unhappy time with my previous agent, despite her having all the right credentials etc. She was even recommended to me by friends with an apartment in Alcudia.

Over the last 2 years, it became clear that my lovely linen and towels were all gradually disappearing (despite being very clearly marked) and then cleaning standards kept on dropping. I also discovered that frequently she was not personally meeting guests and letting them have the keys as we had agreed she would do.

The final crunch came in Oct 2010, when she was nowhere to be found and her mobile appeared to be switched off. My guests were kept waiting till 5pm for one of her associates to rock up. And it eventually emerged that she was on holiday in the UK at the time. No problem with that - apart from the fact she had never mentioned it to me or asked if I was ok with 'her contingency plan'.

And the final bitter pill, I also discovered that she had been adding IVA to all of my bills - but in fact she was not registered for IVA and her supposed office address on her letterhead was, in fact, defunct.

If anyone suspects that they may be using the same agent in PP, please pm me and I will be happy to confirm her name privately.
Old 09-02-2012, 22:54
Under Moderation

Hi
Would like any recommendations for individuals or companies who look after apartments in the PP area for Keyholding, cleaning and laundry and 24 hour help (if needed)
Thanks
C
Old 09-02-2012, 23:19

Hello there and welcome to the Forum. Would you like to contact me direct as I cannot send you a private message as you are new to the Forum. I am legal and professional. Jan
tibbles likes this.
Old 24-04-2012, 19:36

Hello everyone. I am still a newbie so I am just scrolling through the information you give. If anyone is very happy with their agent please pm me their details - I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 28-04-2012, 11:50

Default Agent in PP

I have sent you a pm Jellybean.
Old 28-04-2012, 16:37

Hi Jellybean

I also have sent you a PM

Regards
Old 30-05-2012, 09:03

Hi. We are pretty new to the forum and are completing a purchase on a house in Pollensa in the next three weeks. We intend to let it out for part of the year and would be really keen to hear of recommendations for a housekeeper (Eleanor, your lady sounds great), a cleaner, gardener and pool maintenance. Trying to keep the cost down by employing people directly ourselves. Any suggestions would be gratefully received!
Old 30-05-2012, 09:26

fieldings - I have sent you a pm regarding this.

Last edited by eleanor; 20-06-2012 at 11:12.
Old 30-05-2012, 12:34

Fieldings - I have also sent you a PM.