Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   School term dates/times. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/8773-school-term-dates-times.html)

LDG 18-05-2012 14:42

School term dates/times.

Thank you for responses RE long term let.
I have set a date of February 2013 to have moved by as we have few things to wrap up at home first.
Can anyone let me know the school term dates for primary schools and what a typical school day may be? Do they also run pre school classes too?
Any other advice you can also offer would be fantastic.

Sparky 18-05-2012 22:32

I think the primary school day starts at 8:30am and finishes at 1:30pm, not sure of actual term times but they have a very long summer break which lasts for about 10/12 weeks :).

JMD40 19-05-2012 13:25

Hello there,
Schools will finish on the 20th June I think it is this year and then normally re.start about the 12-15 September. There are two weeks holidays at Xmas approx. 23/24 December until the 7/8 January and then through to Easter apart from a long weekend at the beginning of March. It depends where your children are going to go to school - my daughter goes to school in Inca and the day runs 0850 to 1700hrs with lunch. The nuns run an excellent pre-school but I am not sure of their hours. Good luck with your plans.

LDG 20-05-2012 20:37

Thank you for getting back to me.

I am having difficulty in realy making my mind up on moving.

The main reason for moving is really to give our kids a better life. I really like the area but can anyone tell me if the Education provided is of a high standard? Would i be better paying to have them educated at one of the International Schools? Questions , questions lol!:confused:

JMD40, do you stay in Inca? I take it you have lived there for many years. Is there any advice/information you can give me at all in helping to weigh up the pros and cons of making the move?

Thanks for all you help one again. I really appreciate it.:)

JMD40 20-05-2012 22:23

Hi again,
This is probably not something that can be discussed on a forum in the depth that you need. When are you next over here in PP, maybe it would be good for you to meet up for a coffee (or wine) with a few parents for a general chat to listen to several different views as its very much a personal view and opinion. My girls father is spanish so I have never been interested in the International School as I think this keeps the kids in a `Mini UK´ not mixing with the locals etc. But thats a personal view. However many years ago I was very disappointed with the education locally so placed my elder daughter in one of the Nuns schools in Inca which has good education and good values. My younger daughter automatically went there when she was old enough and the time table suits me also. I am more than happy with the education that she receives. I do not live in Inca I live in Puerto Pollensa, its 20mins away. There is a school bus and also several parents join together and share the travelling.....
Personally I would say living here provides a better quality of life in that it is safe and relaxing but maybe does not offer a high standard of education and the childrens options are limited on the Island....... my eldest daughter has just finished 4years studying in Barcelona and I cannot imagine her returning to the Island......
Let us know when you are next here and we could all meet up for a relaxed chat so you can gather some thoughts and ideas..... GOOD LUCK

LDG 22-05-2012 12:26

Thank you so much for getting back to me.
We are hoping to return late July and i would definitely like to join you for a chat. I will let you know nearer the time. Thanks once again , it is appreciated.
Ps. Can you let me know the name of school in Inca?