Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Lorenzo
  • 1 Post By usandthewoof
  • 1 Post By Belladonna
  • 1 Post By Freya2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 11:06

Smile Suggestions please?

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can help me with suggestions for the following:

Good value paella (both meat and mixta) to take away for up to 30 people, I need to know who, where and how much per head?

Spanish guitar players for 1.5 - 2 hours in the afternoon, how much per hour or session?

Cupcake makers/cake bakers, prices, recommendations?

Oh and this one is really different from the rest, do you know of anyone who takes up trousers and how much they charge per pair?

Thanks to all and everyone who might reply....Happy Wednesday...
Freya
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 11:22
Super Moderator

For Paella i would suggest El Ancla or Ikebana, i think it's about 10€ pp but you may get a discount for a large number of people.

For the trousers, there is a shop which sells industrial work wear in C/Roger de Flor it is next door to Bar Romero, they charge about 6€ per pair.
Old 04-04-2012, 15:18

Default Paella party

Hi Freya, if you know the date & time you would like the Spanish guitar player to play, let me know and I can ask some of the musicians I know well.

Also, worth considering for the Paella is Los Faroles - have had some delicious ones there and they also do take-away if you ask in advance.
Belladonna likes this.
Old 04-04-2012, 22:23

Hi Freya

I agree with Lorenzo, Los Faroles take away paella is fabulous - we had it for about 20 people last year and it was ready on time for collection and we just dropped the pans off outside the next morning - I think we paid €9.50 pp for the paella.

For the cup cakes, I suggest Sugar Mallorca - Anne Waldron, but I can´t find her phone number , can anyone in the forum help - I think she advertised in the Holiday handbook last year.

Also as Sparky suggested, the lady in the uniform shop in C/ Roger de Flor is very good and reasonabley priced.

Good luck
Belladonna likes this.
Old 04-04-2012, 22:34

I have an old number for Sugar Mallorca which you can try, not sure if it still exists though, let me know - Tel. 0034 971531651 / 0034 630428722 .
Sparky likes this.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:02

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzo View Post
Hi Freya, if you know the date & time you would like the Spanish guitar player to play, let me know and I can ask some of the musicians I know well.

Also, worth considering for the Paella is Los Faroles - have had some delicious ones there and they also do take-away if you ask in advance.
Thanks Lorenzo, this is very helpful, it would probably be the first Wednesday of May and around 2pm in the afternoon. I am interested in prices really to see if I can do it?

Thanks to everyone re: recommending Los Faroles, Ikebana, etc... and great suggestion of the uniform shop, I didn't know they did the work without buying something in there first. I have already sent an email to Sugar Mallorca, so waiting to hear, many thanks again, this is a great medium to find contacts
Sparky likes this.
Old 21-05-2012, 22:31
Under Moderation

Hi Freya, for the paella with not doubt, Ikebana Restaurant, 100% home-made, one of the best places in Pto. Pollensa