Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Sparky
  • 3 Post By kate1
  • 1 Post By eleanor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-03-2012, 11:37
Under Moderation

Default Keyholding

Hi, Im new on here I have just had a offer on a villa accepted and looking for a keyholder to both promote, meet clients, and after stay cleans etc.

Asking around a bit Ideal and simply one service were mentioned as were a couple of others . Any tips anyone ?? I live in Spain now but on the mainland so I cannot be there to over see things so need help !
Sponsored Links
Old 16-03-2012, 12:05
Super Moderator

Here is another one Rentals Puerto Pollensa - Villas and Apartment Rentals - Rentals Puerto Pollensa - Villas and Apartment Rentals
Old 16-03-2012, 14:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau thomas View Post
Hi, Im new on here I have just had a offer on a villa accepted and looking for a keyholder to both promote, meet clients, and after stay cleans etc.

Asking around a bit Ideal and simply one service were mentioned as were a couple of others . Any tips anyone ?? I live in Spain now but on the mainland so I cannot be there to over see things so need help !
Pau, if you do another couple of posts you will be able to send/receive Private Messages .
JMD40 likes this.
Old 17-03-2012, 11:31
Founder

Hi Pau,

welcome to the forum. Do look at our main website & puertopollensa.com/property_services.html#caretaking where you will find featured caretaking companies.
Old 22-03-2012, 19:28

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau thomas View Post

As I cannot PM you would you like to contact me please as I am sure I can help. Congrats on your new purchase.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:22

Hi Pau - we have just started using Ideal and are very impressed with their standard of service. They will hold keys, organise cleaning and gardening etc and also sort out lettings. We only use them for the keyholding side of things at present but they do have a good reputation.

Whoever you choose, make sure it is someone who will keep you in touch with what is going on - and if they are servicing the villa, the money that is being spent. Not all managing agencies are particularly good at this and it is easy to see costs spiral out of control if you are only presented with a bill once a year. We have found it helpful to set a budget - for example, limiting hours worked by a gardener. I think there has been a tendency in the past for some (only some!) individuals to see overseas property owners as possessing bottomless pockets... Don't be afraid to negotiate on costs if you feel they are unreasonable.

You might also want to think about how you let the villa - in the past we have found it surprisingly hard to break even some years, when the villa did not let as well as we had hoped or we had an unexpected large item of expenditure. For this reason we are now 'selling' blocks of time to a rental company, meaning that we have a guaranteed monthly income, which works better for us. It does mean though that we can't take advantage of an unlet week by using the villa ourselves...
Sparky, JMD40 and eleanor like this.
Old 23-03-2012, 10:36

Kate that is really excellent advice. we have been 'stung' so many times for various things and you do need to be careful. I think also you need to think about a company which has a large number of cleaning staff available. There is nothing worse than guests arriving to find the property hasn't been cleaned or made ready due to a high number of change overs on the same day.
JMD40 likes this.
Old 25-03-2012, 19:09

Agreed, that's a whole lot of good advice in three paragraphs!

For the last 10 years we have also used Ideal, and (touch wood!) have always found them to be very efficient. Not the cheapest in town, but on the couple of occasions when we've experienced problems they've sorted them out for us with the minimum of fuss. We've also never had a complaint regarding the cleanliness of our place when guests arrive. They have an arrangement with the Daina Hotel, in that keys are available for guests at the hotel reception, which is manned 24 hours a day. This means that even should your guests be delayed and arrive at say 4am, there's no problem with keys and access to your property.

Very best of luck in your new venture.