Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2011, 14:04

Default La Font Urbanisation & Housing Association.

Hello everyone.

Is there anyone on the forum who attended the above meeting on Friday 8th October with the Mayor of Pollensa? We were unable to attend and we asked our Solicitor to take notes on our behalf, but we would be extremely interested to have feedback (and comments) from anyone else who was there.

Our understanding of what is proposed by the Council is that residents are picking up the entire cost of the regeneration of the area - (no contribution by Palma or Pollenca Councils) is quite worrying and we also wondered if there was any opposition to the proposals. I also understand that the council will also tax us 15% on the increase it will create on the value of our property. We dont fully understand this and will be meeting with our Solicitor on our next trip out in November for further clarification.

I'd really like to hear from anyone - I'm sure not all residents can afford the figures we think they will be looking at. Its all legal and we dont think we can fight it. We are now considering trying to sell our property - but who will buy it knowing what is going to happen and the additional costs involved. We are devastated as we have already started the ball rolling on us both taking early retirement at Christmas and moving out to Pollensa in the New Year after having had the house for 8 years. Please PM me if you attended this meeting - I'd be really grateful. Thanks. Janice (aka Bluejr)

Last edited by bluejr77; 10-10-2011 at 14:22.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2011, 14:47

Gosh Bluejr this seems really tough and I feel so sorry for you and of course others if this is the case.
It would be very useful for others if anyone attended to share the info as some may not even be aware. I seem to remember this being mentioned in a post on here a while ago. I will try to find the post for you.
I do hope you don't have to sell your home especially as you had intentions of moving. The market isn't very good as we all know so you are probably right in thinking if this info is correct that it would be harmful to a potential sale.
Fingers crossed that the info isn't quite as you think.

Last edited by eleanor; 10-10-2011 at 14:54.
Old 10-10-2011, 15:24
Super Moderator

Hi Bluejr is this the same issue that you raised on this thread http://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/...-pollensa.html.
Old 10-10-2011, 15:36

No Sparky, it is regarding the whole infrastructure of La Font, roads, lighting etc which have fallen into disrepair. Somewhat the same as Gotmar.
Old 10-10-2011, 15:55

Hi Eleanor. Thanks for your reply. I think it may have been one of my posts that was on previously. Originally the actual Housing Association wanted to take this forward and after obtaining the necessary percentage of the required residents (possibly, we arent even sure about that!) they did submit the proposal to the Council earlier this year. However, someone has now moved the goal posts and the Council now want to take this forward by means of a "co-operation system" whereby the council takes on the work, but the residents pay for it!

Like you I have a feeling that not all the residents will know about this so I'm happy to share the notes my Solicitor took at the meeting with anyone who has a property in La Font and is not aware of this situation.

If we dont pay, (and the previous estimate was in the region of 30,000 Euros per property when the Housing Assocation obtained quotations, but new quotations will be required now plus the 15% "average profit" tax that the council have now introduced), then " it will involve execution of the bank guarantee; or bills being claimed via executive administrative process by the authorities". Payment wouldnt be staggered over several years - it would be as the building progresses. The 15% that the Council will add will be payable -possbily - over 3/4 years. Needless to say the Mayor didnt want to give out figures at this stage.

I'm sorry if I sound like I am ranting, I am trying to be logical and obtain (and give) as much info to other residents from that particular area. It may be that everyone else in La Font is happy to do this. Sadly we cant afford to.

Thanks everyone for reading this. Bye for now. Janice
Old 10-10-2011, 16:20
Super Moderator

Janice this is terrible, you must be very upset. Where on earth do they think people can come up with that amount of money, especially in these tough times .
Please do keep us informed on how things go, i for one hope and pray that the situation changes to your advantage and that your plans still become reality.
Old 10-10-2011, 16:54

Hi Janice. I think it was a previous post from you which I had recalled as I can't find anything else relating to this.
We are in Gommar and I know much has been spoken about relating to our area so I can relate to how much a worry this is for you.

I hope someone can give you some positive information soon. If it is an association I wonder if there might be names available for you to make contact with someone? Failing that perhaps another solicitor other than your own may have detailed knowledge. Or even someone at your bank as we have always found our bank to have lots of knowledge regarding things which may or may not be happening in the Port.
I do think it is important though to try to speak with someone who can give you actual information based on real fact as you need to know the absolute information asap rather then what might be the case.
Good luck and please let us know what you find out.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:24

Default Urbanisation of La Font

Hi. Just to let anyone know who has a property in La Font that it appears the urbanisation plans are still going ahead . We have just received an email from the Association and the council are currently checking the land registry regarding the plots. There will be a meeting this month - date not yet arranged. Bluejr77
Old 04-09-2012, 11:41
Super Moderator

I am so sorry that this is still dragging on but thanks for letting us know .
Old 04-09-2012, 12:24

This is such a worry to all of those iiving in La Font. It has dragged on for such a long time and of course people have no idea of the cost or where it might end!.

I hope that you are able to find a few people to attend the meeting so that as a group you are able to put your thoughts forward. Maybe a few of you could get together to pay for a solicitor to represent you? This is a hard battle for one person but as a group with representation you may at least come out with a clear understanding of where you stand both legally and of course in terms of costs.

Good luck - I do hope this is sorted quickly for you as the unknown is such a worry.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:31

Hi, thanks Sparky. We were hoping that the plans had died a natural death but it appears not. Dragging on is an understatement - its a toss up between being in limbo and on a rollercoaster - and I just thought that since this issue first raised its head that there may be some new members who had joined the forum who might have a property in La Font (or thinking of purchasing) and werent actually aware of the situation. Bluejr77
Old 05-05-2013, 08:01

Default La font urbanisation update

Dear all, does anyone have any new news regarding the start dates for the urbanization works that are currently being discussed? Thanks in advance. C
Old 05-05-2013, 08:53
Super Moderator

Hi Chip, i spoke to Bluejr77 and her hubby at the forum get together on Tuesday, they told me that they have been informed that the work will start later this year but they still don't know exactly how much it is going to cost them .
Old 06-05-2013, 12:18

Hi. We received the following email on 5th April.

Dear all,

I would like to inform you that we met on Wednesday with the mayor and the town hall representatives from the legal and technical departments.
They informed that the plans to finish the installations in La Font are ready as well as the bill of quantities. By checking the drawings in detail they have reached the conclusion that there are several plots invading public areas, so when it comes the time a town council representative will get in touch with the corresponding proprietors to resolve this matter.
They explained also they have the quotations for the costs of the urbanization. Although we were not informed about the total sum they said it was more or less the same we had in the past. However the amounts will not be the definitive ones until the project has been out to tender. We asked about the way to share the costs and the person from the legal department said they will not have the inform ready until the end of this month.
As soon as they issue the mentioned report the town council will appoint the owners through our Association to assist to the town hall assembly. I'm sorry I'm not able to confirm the date but will be probably around mid of May.
Other matter that they went through is the possibility of charging a "land-use tax" (I'm sorry I don't know if this is the proper terminology in English, it stands for "tasa de aprovechamiento") as the town hall has never charge it in La Font they said.
We'll fight for the compliance of the law which is to pay the tax if it is due but of course we'll not pay it if there is not any obligation to.
With this letter we would like to assure you that the works to finish the urbanization will go ahead as it is an obligation of the town council to carry them out. Although the procedures are not going very fast in town hall they keep on working and if everything goes as expected the works could get started in autumn.

With thanks for your attention.

Miquel Bauza
Presidente Asociación de propietarios de la urbanización La Font

Last edited by bluejr77; 06-05-2013 at 12:21. Reason: Copied Spanish text
Old 06-05-2013, 12:47

Hi Chip. If you have purchased your property in La Font & would like to chat through any issues please drop me a personal message. We are in La Font at the moment but flying back to UK on Thursday. Bluejr77
eleanor likes this.