Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Help needed! (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/7883-help-needed.html)

eleanor 16-08-2011 19:33

Help needed!

My son and family including a 3 year old are in our villa in Gommar. The electricity has gone off and not sure why.

Does anyone know who I can contact asap please for help before it becomes dark.

Thank you.

Belladonna 16-08-2011 20:11

Phone number sent to you. X

mallorcaboy 16-08-2011 20:11

Sorry to hear it. Have they checked the electrics box where all the trips are? All switched should be either up or down. If one is different from the others, switch that. Maybe they've just over done the usage. It's also not unknown for the power to go off around an area but will come on again soon. Hope they get it sorted

debz1 16-08-2011 20:34

Eleanor have you asked them if the electricty has just tripped? As Mallorcaboy said may just need to flick the switch in the electrics box. Often happens at ours if someone plugs something in a wall socket instead of a floor one which will overload the circuit?

eleanor 16-08-2011 20:43

Thanks you for your responses. They have checked the fuse box and all seems fine. They have placed all fuses down and then up again to reset. Apparently we have a main fuse box down the road which services a few villas. He needs to check to see firstly if he can get into it and then work out which is for our house. Seeing as his usual response is to call his Dad when things go wrong and Dad is here in England, I can't see him going forward with this.
Our housekeeper is at the hospital this evening and will go to them first thing in the morning. When I last spoke with my son he was in Eroski buying up candles! My worry is my 3 year old grandson and a marble staircase!
What a pain - think it will need to wait until the morning now! Thank you all very much for help.

debz1 16-08-2011 20:56

I know how you feel Eleanor! My daughter phoned from Sydney the other day and said 'Mum I can smell gas in the apartment'. Not quite sure what she expected me to do other than PANIC :eek: Hope your son gets it all sorted soon.

eleanor 16-08-2011 21:22

Thanks Debz - 'Little man' is asleep now so hope he stays that way until the morning!

Strange isn't it even at 30 they are still our little ones who's first call when there is a problem is to their mum or dad! Wonderful!

Thanks again for the help. Just hope it isn't a big job and can be sorted quickly! Apparently it isn't unusual for individual properties in Mallorca to lose power so we have been told - sounds strange but as we seem to be the only property with no electricity who am I to argue! lol

Flyer 16-08-2011 22:02

Eleanor - I have sent you contact details via the PP message facility.

eleanor 16-08-2011 22:16

Thank you very much Flyer.

Belladonna 16-08-2011 22:23

Crikey eleanor, you will be able to start a little black book with all these numbers!

pollensa 17-08-2011 08:18

Eleanor, it looks as if you've already been sent several contact numbers, thank you everyone, but if you (or anyone else) needs any more there is an electrician featured on our main site at Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca) - Property Services

eleanor 17-08-2011 18:10

Well our electricity problem is sorted thankfully!

Our wonderful housekeeper arrived this morning and as suspected it was the fuse in the outside box. A quick flick and the light shone!
Just wish my son had watched and absorbed which box was actually ours!

Didn't need to call anyone but a very big thank you for all the help which came so quickly. I really appreciate it!