Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   ¿Empadronamiento? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/7430-empadronamiento.html)

Sun Properties 25-05-2011 11:03

¿Empadronamiento?

In order to buy a car I need ..... the money, Certificate of Insurance, my passport, driving licence, NIE, inside leg measurement and a Empadronamiento . I am told this is a proof of (Spanish) address form and presume this is the 'green card' often referred to however I would appreciate someone in the know telling where to obtain, how much and what forms whoever issues the Empadronamiento will require.

THANKS

andrew711 25-05-2011 11:36

It's the form you get from the town hall to say you are resident in a particular municipality. It's not the same as the residence certificate, which I guess is what you mean by the green card. This isn't necessary for buying a car, but the town hall form is. It doesn't cost anything. You just go to the town hall (main offices) and request one. To get it though, you would need to be able to verify where you live plus all the other malarkey.

Sun Properties 25-05-2011 11:51

Thanks Andrew - it seems as though I need a piece of paper to verify where I live to take to the Town Hall to get a form to prove where I live. Anybody know what verification the Town Hall will accept?

Sparky 25-05-2011 11:54

I think a utility bill will be enough.:)

lollipop 25-05-2011 12:52

And there is a charge was 11 euro's per person for the original one and then cheaper for renewals. They are supposed to be renewed every 6 months but the town hall official will tell you that is only necessary if you are going to renew residencia,health cards etc.

majprop 25-05-2011 17:27

If you own a property here then take along a copy of your escritura, if you rent then a copy of the rental agreement.

fil6699 25-05-2011 23:12

The escritura works fine I did it last year

its cd 26-05-2011 00:01

What is an escritura ? Would you know if you had one ? Is it something your solicitor just keeps for you or should all property owners have one to hand?

Crikey things are complex .............. never known so many forms

cherylbb 26-05-2011 09:41

Escritura are the deeds to your property (legal document) & your solicitor could well keep it for you.

Belladonna 26-05-2011 10:27

Cd you will definitetly have one somewhere, our bank keeps ours.

whaleywanderer 26-05-2011 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherylbb (Post 59208)
Escritura are the deeds to your property (legal document) & your solicitor could well keep it for you.

Always handy to take a copy so that you always have this document to hand.:)