Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2011, 16:33

Default diy

Hi All
Help required from you diy’ers in the port, I am coming out with my son early April to do some diy.
The roof terrace is in need of some crack filling and painting what would you recommend the best filler and paint to use and were to purchase.

Many Thanks
Rebel
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2011, 17:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
hi all
help required from you diy’ers in the port, i am coming out with my son early april to do some diy.
The roof terrace is in need of some crack filling and painting what would you recommend the best filler and paint to use and were to purchase.

Many thanks
rebel
hi there !! There is a painting shop in town call" trebol".
Friendly staff and good prices. They were very helpful with us!!!
Old 07-03-2011, 17:45

Hi Rebel. We picked up grouting and sealant for our tiled roof terrace at Leroy Merlins on the way to Palma. Great place for everything to do with DIY. Love it!

Last edited by Belladonna; 07-03-2011 at 18:43.
Old 07-03-2011, 18:29

Welcome Rebel - I would suggest that you go to Trebol - the paint shop opposite Comfort electrical store - and ask in there. Paco, the owner is very good and is married to an English lady - Sue, so his english is good.

Do you have a stand alone property or are you in a block? The only reason I ask is because we are a ground floor property and had a horrendous leak from the apartment above us which caused 000's of euros damage - so you cannot be too careful where neighbour's are involved. The thought of roof terraces leaking fill me with dread
Old 07-03-2011, 18:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
Hi All
Help required from you diy’ers in the port, I am coming out with my son early April to do some diy.

Many Thanks
Rebel
Hi Rebel,for the best possible choice get yourself to Leroy-Merlin,you will find it just outside Palma off the motorway.If you are familiar with the Alcampo hypermarket,thats where you will find it.It's as good as any diy store in England.For choice of paint you wont find better.If it's only basic white paint for whitewashing you can find this in the Eroski supermarket by the 'plane 'roundabout or the ferrataria who will also have the filler you want.I think I would support a local business first.
Old 07-03-2011, 19:28

Only problem with Leroy-Merlin is the staff don’t speak English and are not very helpful it’s ok if you know exactly what you need but if you need help and advice I would go in the Port to Trebol and or the hardware shop. Having renovated a Finca almost from the ground up I had my fill of Leroy-Merlin as I said lots of choice there but you really need to know exactly what you want. Any Jobs that need doing now I always manage to get everything I need in the Port and good friendly advice. Plus its only 3 mins on my bike or in the car as opposed to 40mins into Palma
Old 07-03-2011, 21:21

Hi All
Thank you for your comments I have used Trebol and the hardware shop in the port,Trebol will be my first port of call the work i have to do is the walls of the terrace a few cracks here and there and hundreds of drill holes were plant supports were fixed i am a semi retired kitchen/bathroom fitter so diy is not a problem to me it is just the best material to use for the job out there. no problems with the roof terrace floor but will keep an eye on that one as i will be the poor bugger that gets flooded.

Regards
Rob
Old 07-03-2011, 22:59

Have fun Rob
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39

I agree about Leroy Merlin and the lack of help if you don't have at least a bit of Spanish. You could try Plomer on the road to the side of Eroski (off Pollenca Rd). They are very helpful in there particularly Eric.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollipop View Post
I agree about Leroy Merlin and the lack of help if you don't have at least a bit of Spanish. You could try Plomer on the road to the side of Eroski (off Pollenca Rd). They are very helpful in there particularly Eric.
yes agree LOVE Plomer have baught everything from wood screws to a lawn mower from them they are so helpful and also have a shop in the Old town if they dont have what you need they can usualy get it for you.
Old 27-03-2011, 00:27

There's a great little hardware / DIY store (Ferretier) in the road behind the petrol station.It's run by an English expat called Becky. She's always been really helpful and knows plenty of the local tradesmen. She's pointed me in the right direction with regard to good products to use on various occasions - And her English is great!
Old 27-03-2011, 17:08

Becky Smith is a lovely girl and has a great voice. I believe she sings some nights in the Anchor and also Palms.
If she is unable to help with DIY questions I believe her father does work around the Port including decorating and basic maintenance. He can often be seen driving his blue van.
Old 27-03-2011, 20:34

Hi All
Thank you all for your information i'm out in ten days food from the market first then
Trebol or the hardware / DIY store (Ferretier) in the road behind the petrol station i think that is the one i got a gas bottle from for the BBQ last year as you say very helpful.
Regards
Rebel
Old 30-03-2011, 11:38
Super Moderator

There is also a much larger hardware shop in C/Virge del Carmen.
Old 18-04-2011, 18:04

Hi All
Back in the uk now painting etc. is complete, I used Trebol for all my painting materials Fran was top man could not have been any more helpful and got a discount sorry Fran I forgot not to mention that one. I'm back out May/June this time for a rest.
Regards
Rebel