Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 10:11

Default Non Residents Tax......HELP!

We are now in our third year of owning our apartment in PP, the property tax has previously been paid by our lawyer but they charge 80€ each (jointly owned with my husband)total of 160€ fees for doing this for us. I would like to pay this tax myself, using form 210, but the language barrier makes it difficult. Has anybody any experience of paying this tax? I would be grateful for any help and advice.

Always reluctant to pay out for something that I could manage to do myself, if it's possible.

We're in the port until 23rd September, so could meet up to discuss if that would be more convenient.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2010, 11:43

Hi Whaley

We know of a spanish lady who is a linguist, very helpful and does one-off translating things. We were introduced to her at the police station when we had a theft to report. If you would like her number, please reply to me.

val
Old 10-09-2010, 14:48
Founder

Or you could try Mallorca Solutions - see puertopollensa.com/localservices.html#expathelp I assume there would be an initial charge but maybe you could ask how to do it yourselves in future.
Old 10-09-2010, 16:00

Hi Whaleywanderer

We are in a similar situation. We always haggle with our lawyer and get them to reduce the bill by about 30 Euros each year but I agree it does seem very expensive especially when both yours and your partners details are exactly the same apart from your christian names. If you find a cheaper way could you please post a reply.

I always thought this would be a nice little business for any UK resident who now lives in the port if they could work out how to fill in the relevant forms and charge a small fee for doing it as the lawyers charge a fortune. It can't be that difficult surely ???

Labore
Old 10-09-2010, 16:17
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labore View Post
I always thought this would be a nice little business for any UK resident who now lives in the port if they could work out how to fill in the relevant forms and charge a small fee for doing it as the lawyers charge a fortune. It
I think that's what Mallorca Solutions has done & have set up their business to help ex-pats.
Old 10-09-2010, 18:20

Default Non Residents Tax......HELP!

Hi,
For the last 2 years, I have used an internet company, spanishtaxforms.co.uk. They are based in the UK. I provided the data requested by them on the internet and paid approx £20, and within a few days I received the completed Spanish Tax Forms in the UK by post, together with the appropriate stickers. They gave written instructions to add some personal details to the forms such as UK national insurance number. I then took the completed forms to my bank in Puerto Pollenca who electronically paid the Spanish Tax Man.
Job done. The cost was £20, plus income tax of approx 280 euro tax. The cost of £20 is for 1 property, independent of the number of owners. Please note that I am not connected to the above company at all but am sharing my one experience of them. I hope you find this information useful.
Regards
The McGs
Old 10-09-2010, 21:13

Hi Whaley,
Yes, we've also used the company above. Very quick, very reasonable and the forms back in the post in about 3 days for £20.The guy who does them is called John Bosdet. Used them last year with no problem and they've already done them again ready for us to pay into the bank when we come out in October. I find it unbelievable that most of our friends pay their solicitors a higher fee than the actual tax bill. PM me if you want any more details.
Have a nice hol. Ryansclan
Old 13-09-2010, 08:35

Thanks all for your help and advice, I've got quite a bit of information now and it does seem feasable to do it yourself. When I have done it (hopefully successfully) I will post again with the proceedure.
Old 23-10-2010, 10:20

Well, I have downloaded the form 210 and with all the help and advice that I got (thanks everybody), have managed to complete it and fairly sure that I have got the calculations correct.

Went to the council offices in PP where they printed off our 'stickers'. Now we're all ready to take to the bank to pay on our next visit in November.

Things never go that smoothly though, unfortunately. I have realised that the stickers have our name and NIE no. but also show the original solicitors address (the one we used when we bought the apartment). Apparently we have to obtain a form 30 (modelo 030) from the tax office and complete this to notify them that we are now handling our own tax affairs.

Now the problem I have is, do we submit the form with the stickers that we have got with the solicitors address on or do we have to go into Inca (not an easy journey for us) to complete this form 30 and get new stickers with all the correct details on (hoping that we can make them understand what we want)?

You can complete the form 30 online but my knowledge of spanish is very limited and the form is quite lengthy and totally in spanish

As the deadline fast approaches (31st Dec) I have to get it all sorted on my next visit, panic is starting to kick in

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 23-10-2010 at 10:27.
Old 23-10-2010, 14:46

Whaley send me the link to the site for the form by email or forward the form and I'll see if I can help you.
Old 23-10-2010, 16:40

Default Non Residents Tax

Hi guys,

Found this all very interesting, as this is the first year we will have to pay. Our lawyer told us last year we wouldn't have to. Something to do with our completion date. I like the idea of saving money with the online company, but just wondered if, having not paid last year, would we have the necessary information for the forms. I am in PP this week if I need to make a journey to the Town Hall or anywhere else. Any advice?

Thanks,

Garoda
Old 24-10-2010, 10:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by garoda View Post
Hi guys,

Found this all very interesting, as this is the first year we will have to pay. Our lawyer told us last year we wouldn't have to. Something to do with our completion date. I like the idea of saving money with the online company, but just wondered if, having not paid last year, would we have the necessary information for the forms. I am in PP this week if I need to make a journey to the Town Hall or anywhere else. Any advice?

Thanks,

Garoda
The tax on the property is for the previous year (ie. 2009) so if you had not owned your property for the full 12 months then you would only have to pay a % of the tax for the period that you had owned your property.

Once you have sorted all the initial things out, forms, stickers and getting the calculation correct then there is no reason why you could not do it yourself for future years, saving yourself a packet! The company that only charge £20 (listed further up in this thread) seem very good value for money and I intend to ring them tomorrow to see if they can offer any help to myself.

You need to speak to your lawyer to tell him that it is your intention to submit your own tax forms but make sure that you are registered for tax, otherwise you will not be able to get your stickers printed and if it were your choice to use an on-line company then they would not be able to do it for you either. Apparently you have to go to the tax office in Inca to do this but i'm sure your lawyer would be able to tell you if he has registered you.

The information you need to complete the forms are both of your addresses (home & away), your NIE no. and the rateable value (cadastral value) from this years council tax (IBI) bill. If you need to go to the tax office, get your forms 210 from there as other than downloading off the internet you cannot get them locally. You can, however, get your stickers printed at the Local council offices in Pollensa, you need to take your NIE certificate and your passport.

Helpful links:

Making sense of Spanish tax form 210
Spanish Tax Forms Ltd: Save money! Do your own tax return.
Spanish tax form 210

Please remove these links if I have breached any advertising rules.

Last edited by whaleywanderer; 24-10-2010 at 15:12.
Old 24-10-2010, 20:13

Smile

Just paid our tax again last week using forms done for us by Spanishtaxforms without any problems. Went to the bank (Banca March), handed the forms over and were given the stamped duplicates as receipts. Unless I'm being duped somehow into paying taxes for someone else this seems like a stress free route costing £20 for the two of us. We didn't have to re-register anything and the details were completed, including 'stickers' by the company.
Old 25-10-2010, 09:08

Whaley, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Although pretty scarey, we wouldnt have known about it otherwise and have used your links and all other information to work things out. Hubby is now in the throws of a complete "taxman commeth" breakdown, but I'm sure we will find all the necessary forms - somewhere, someday, hopefully within the next few weeks!!
Old 25-10-2010, 13:18

Default Tax payment in Spain

Another English company that deals with all tax matters is Tax in Spain

Lots of good general information from them too